• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Crazy game of cricketball against the kiwis. I still think they're a 2 man team, but their 2 men reamed us.

McCullum and Williamson are the only 2 who are capable of winning them the Cup. Not that the others aren't any good, but those 2 are special. Without them, they'd be England/Pakistan level and not really considered a chance like us, SA or India.

McCullum and Williamson are the only 2 who are capable of winning them the Cup. Not that the others aren't any good, but those 2 are special. Without them, they'd be England/Pakistan level and not really considered a chance like us, SA or India.
We shall see

Have you forgotten that bowlers can also win you matches? They have a very good attack that knows how to bowl on those pitches. They also have other good batsmen like Anderson who until recently had the fasted ODI century of all time. Guptil is fairly solid and gives them a good platform.

Have you forgotten that bowlers can also win you matches? They have a very good attack that knows how to bowl on those pitches. They also have other good batsmen like Anderson who until recently had the fasted ODI century of all time. Guptil is fairly solid and gives them a good platform.
He is just being an typical aussie trying to belittle NZ because they are actually better than them currently

Morgan , Jordan , broad and Taylor not good enough. Ali, Hayles and butler top three, then bell and root. It's obvious to everyone but the England management .

Well done Bangladesh .

I bet Cook feels pretty low now having been dropped for a man who has 6 ducks in his last 10 innings. Hales is supposed to be the answer at the top of the order but has a lower strike rate than Cook. We have a load of players who can supposedly hit the ball miles, but none of them seem to have the slightest idea how to manipulate the ball into the gaps and run ones and twos. The amount of dot balls today was astonishing. I know AB de Villiers is a class above any English batsman, but in his 66 ball 162* he faced one dot ball. Most of out batsmen either look to smash it for a boundary or play a forward defence, there's no strike rotation and no looking for ways to hit the ball where the fielders aren't.

There was a period earlier where there was a packed off side field, and both Bell and Hales were backing away to the leg side to try and drive inside out through the covers, where there were loads of fielders, instead of moving across and trying to hit leg side where there was nobody. It's just basics, and most of our players don't seem to have a clue. Moores has to go to, his statistics based methodology just does not work.

Embarrassing really, the WC format is basically rigged to get the top 8 teams through to the knockouts. Bangladesh are improving to be fair and it can't be blamed on one game. Have been poor in ODI's for a long long time though.

Need big hitters at the top and lower down (6-8) with people who can rotate the strike in the middle.

Ok here is my take:

- Cook was a fall guy
- Morgans ability is vastly overrated
- We have no soul - We play for stats and have no passion or verve to our play....We are a team or robots who play to a plan A without a plan B

I am bored of watching us play, we have so much talent but its all playing towards Moore's computer stats and not whats actually going on in the field

114387_cc58821c1ceeecc24ec0e62ad220d22b.jpg

Against Afghanistan,bell and ali to open the rest should be all the all rounders with broad last man in and be told just smash every short ball they get......this tinkling around with tap and run is old school,players are just stepping down and smashing it now,375/400 is going to be the norm now in 50 overs.

We invented twenty twenty and players are getting told to play one day cricket like it was back in the 90's.

Morgan , Jordan , broad and Taylor not good enough. Ali, Hayles and butler top three, then bell and root. It's obvious to everyone but the England management .

Well done Bangladesh .

I rate Taylor, Morgan obviously has all the tools to be a great one day player but is just so far out of nick that he'd be unplayable if he wasn't captain. Hales should have been in from the start, he's the kind of guy who can get an innings off to a great start. Buttler up the order was the most obvious change that the team was afraid to make.

I'd like to see Morgan in a role similar to Maxwell for Australia, have him come in around the 35th over regardless of order and really try to finish off the innings strongly. Of course that is pointless if he doesn't regain some form.

My top 7 would be

Ali
Hales
Bell
Buttler
Root
Taylor
Morgan

I'd include Ballance as a 12th man since he's out of touch, but when he's on form he's as good as anyone in the England lineup.

Last edited:
I rate Taylor, Morgan obviously has all the tools to be a great one day player but is just so far out of nick that he'd be unplayable if he wasn't captain. Hales should have been in from the start, he's the kind of guy who can get an innings off to a great start. Buttler up the order was the most obvious change that the team was afraid to make.

I'd like to see Morgan in a role similar to Maxwell for Australia, have him come in around the 35th over regardless of order and really try to finish off the innings strongly. Of course that is pointless if he doesn't regain some form.

My top 7 would be

Ali
Hales
Bell
Buttler
Root
Taylor
Morgan

I'd include Ballance as a 12th man since he's out of touch, but when he's on form he's as good as anyone in the England lineup.

You are aware that's more or less the top 7 that just failed at this tournament, bigger changes are needed than using existing players in a slightly amended order. Stokes should be in there as an all rounder option. Bopara has good experience, can bat and can fill in for 3/4 overs as well and is a decent fielder. Carberry should be given some games, done well in the shorter form. Is a bit old I agree but worth a shout.

I don't follow country cricket enough to know who else is up and coming.

Bell shouldn't be in there, doesn't score enough in the big games or make those telling contributions. Great stroke player but doesn't have a big enough impact for me.

Back