• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Conte In/Out Poll

Conte?

• In

Votes: 42 45.7%
  • Out - Pochettino

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • Out - Other

Votes: 18 19.6%

• Total voters
I'll support him for as long as he stays, but if I got the chance to pull the trigger and get Poch in now - I'd do it. :p

If he was able to do it last season why do you not think he can do it again? Do you not think there were plenty of mitigating factors this season for him (3 friends passing away, injuries, illness)?
fudge loads of money spent, a long uninterupted pre-season, and then two decent performances all season (palace and city)

A day for conflicted posts from me. Apart from someone saying Sonny isn't top drawer.

Anyway....

I'd bet that the rhetoric about loving the club and wanting to be here for years has followed him wherever he's gone, be it Inter, Chelsea or whoever. He says the right things in his mind to ensure his marketing is working for how he wants to be portrayed.

So ruling out any particular affection to the badge, his record points to his being a troublesome journey man who leaves clubs in a fragmented state when he departs. Which were he to leave in the summer would likely be the situation at the new Lane.

The football is abject, the use of probably the deepest depth of forward line we've had in since Keane Berba, Defoe and Co is mystifying (the players signed are supposed to ensure burnout is managed yet Son is clearly crispy right now) and his constant passive aggressive veiled protestations in pre match conferences don't inspire fans to want to like him.

But.

Getting a guy with his record and not letting him finish the season would be like Mourinho 2, the revenge. He's a winner. Like Juande Ramos was a winner who despite playing brick football won us our last trophy. So let him finish this season, let's see if the cup or champions league can be brought home, and if not, despite my head saying never go back, I'd give Poch this squad and £200m to buy a new keeper, 2 centre halves and a midfielder, and get Kane signed up til he retires.

Oh and a plane ticket back to Portugal for Eric Dier.
He's won 1 cup in his entire coaching career. 1 cup in 17 seasons. He's not a cup manager

We’re 2 pts off 4th and still in 2 cup competitions. Would be stupid to sack him now even if we know he’s gone in the summer.
Definitely see that mate and I don't like changing managers mid season normally. But we don't look at the races. You could see it as, if we remain with Conte we will squander any chance for a successful finish. I'm sure the old Chelsea would have made a change in our position and then gone on to win trophies that season.

Last edited:
I’m fully Conte in, he’s a great manager, knows what he’s doing.

We had similar struggles under Jose, pushed the button early and got markedly worse.

Careful what you wish for, trust the person with experience.

Definitely see that mate and I don't like changing managers mid season normally. But we don't look at the races. You could see it as, if we remain with Conte we will squander any chance for a successful finish. I'm sure the old Chelsea would have made a change in our position and then gone on to win trophies that season.

Like the sliding door moment in Jan 21 when they sacked Lampard and got Tuchel, and we pointlessly prolonged the toxic Mourinho endgame for another 4 months.

If he leaves for footballing reasons i think that's very silly, if he leaves for personal reasons good luck to him. He needs to look after himself and if that's what it takes then I'll totally support that.
I honestly think we three signings and the correct manager we will flourish and go onto better times.
We need the right manager though, conte could be that manager, but i don't think he will be. There's too much negativity around him, a lot of it unjustified imho, but that's football.
A good keeper, an organising cb and a ball playing cb and i think we are in a very good place.
I know this will some rolling their eyes but i look at what we will have next season and think that poch or a poch type manager and we are going to be formidable.
Royal, romero, Bentancur, sarr, skipp, porro, bissouma, destiny, kulu, danjuma, gil, son, kane, Richarlison and even keeping dier sess, peh and davies as back ups thats a serious squad.

We had similar struggles under Jose, pushed the button early and got markedly worse.

Genuinely curious. What do you see in just Conte's spell here that has been better than treading water, if not actively regressing?

Paratici signing Bentancur and Kulusevski is all I've got.

If he leaves for footballing reasons i think that's very silly, if he leaves for personal reasons good luck to him. He needs to look after himself and if that's what it takes then I'll totally support that.
I honestly think we three signings and the correct manager we will flourish and go onto better times.
We need the right manager though, conte could be that manager, but i don't think he will be. There's too much negativity around him, a lot of it unjustified imho, but that's football.
A good keeper, an organising cb and a ball playing cb and i think we are in a very good place.
I know this will some rolling their eyes but i look at what we will have next season and think that poch or a poch type manager and we are going to be formidable.
Royal, romero, Bentancur, sarr, skipp, porro, bissouma, destiny, kulu, danjuma, gil, son, kane, Richarlison and even keeping dier sess, peh and davies as back ups thats a serious squad.

Conte will never give us the ballplaying ACM we need to flourish again. Poch/A N Other would go out and get two in the summer.

We had a better ppg after Mourinho left, didn't we? And then finished 3 places higher the following season

Genuinely curious. What do you see in just Conte's spell here that has been better than treading water, if not actively regressing?

Paratici signing Bentancur and Kulusevski is all I've got.

It's not about what he's done here, he's shown in his career he can build a team that doesn't bottle it, even with players who famously bottled it elsewhere.

In for the rest of the season, but that's more than enough for me. With the squad we have, we should be playing much better.
To build a good team, you need to play in a way that gets the best out of your players, and play on their strengths as best possible.
With Conte we don't, often quite the opposite! Son's weakest part of the game, is receiving the ball, back to goal, with a defender pressing him. Yet that seems to be the plan to play out!

In addition, I can't see that Conte has improved any of our players. Imo most have gotten worse, because we don't play to their strengths, but only to Conte's system. There is a lot of quality in the squad, but it's not being utilised because it doesn't fit with Conte's system. I'm 100% sure other managers could get more out of what we have. But changing now wouldn't make sense.
Poch in the summer (or someone else).

Stability.

It is not even about Conte. It is about giving a management team time to build something. Rather than continuously playing snakes and ladders.

Poch on a six year contract then. With one stipulation - that he has to add a new first team coach to his setup every two years.

Stability.

It is not even about Conte. It is about giving a management team time to build something. Rather than continuously playing snakes and ladders.

But how can you have stability with a manager who won’t pledge their future to the club. If they don’t want to stay for whatever reason that’s understandable but bring someone in who will commit to the long term project and stops throwing everyone under the bus in front of the media.

But how can you have stability with a manager who won’t pledge their future to the club. If they don’t want to stay for whatever reason that’s understandable but bring someone in who will commit to the long term project and stops throwing everyone under the bus in front of the media.

commitment is an intangible thing, writing it on a bit of paper doesn't make it so

Supposition? Or can you evidence this?

Back