• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Comic Book Thread

Civil War was utter turd I thought, never been a big Marvel fan, the only title I read now is Punisher Max, because Garth Ennis is mmense and it's the only way to do the character properly IMO.

Spooky if your reading Image titles give Madman a go, it's a little different and inspired by more old fashioned stuff but good fun.

I get your point on Marvel, Spooky, it doesn't leave a lot of room for anything else, but I absolutely love the massive crossover events. Upcoming UK reprints include Fear Itself, Spider-Island and Avengers Vs X-men and I can't wait for any of them.
Other than that the only monthly I get are DC 52 reprints.

By re-prints do you mean collected editions? I'll probably get hold of all of those. As long as they're bunched up, I don't mind have a butchers.

By re-prints do you mean collected editions? I'll probably get hold of all of those. As long as they're bunched up, I don't mind have a butchers.

Yeah it's the reprints Panini (for Marvel) and Titan (DC) do. Marvel ones are monthly (Essential X-men, Wolverine and Deadpool, Avengers Assemble, Incredible Hulks, Marvel Legends, Mighty World of Marvel and Astonishing Spiderman which is fortnightly), Titan every 2 months (DC universe and Batman Legends).
They collect around about 3-4 issues of between 1 and 4 different comics each month.

I read a great comic years ago (in my yoooth) called Marshal Law. Fairly extreme stuff for a comic if I recall, but it made an impression.

Anyone ever read this?

Yes. Grim finale to it as well if I remember correctly. Think I might have read it in Toxic (remember that short lived publication?). Had some cracking stuff in it including Accident Man.

Got all of them. Just working on Walking Dead. Issue 48 was grim.

Crossed has supposedly been signed up for a movie.

I use to read and collect Batman then stopped as it got ridiculous. I just own the graphic novels, however, thanks to the internet thought I'd check out the changes made post-Batman RIP. So basically:

Final Crisis (got this read it, but wanted reminding)
Batman RIP (not bothering, read it)

Then:

Batman Battle for the Cowl
Batman and Robin
The Return of Bruce Wayne
Night of the Owls Crossover
The Dark Knight (monthly)
Batman Incorporated (monthly)
Batman (monthly)
Batman Detective Comics (monthly)

Also got hold of 'Batman Earth One' and the All-Star series.

Parking them though for now. Considering getting an ipad just for ease of reading this lot.

Is that the frank miller all star spooky? Isn't great but full of some brilliant lines from batman.

Heard Marvel are going the same route as DC and rebooting the whole line up??

Is that the frank miller all star spooky? Isn't great but full of some brilliant lines from batman.

Heard Marvel are going the same route as DC and rebooting the whole line up??

I started collecting it way way back. But stopped. Will go back for it just because it's Miller. I didn't really enjoy the 'mad bastard Batman' version of it. Although its meant to be the Batman we see at an older age in Dark Knight Returns.

Just read this;

823879.jpg

On the war in Yugoslavia in the early 90's. Amazing read. Highly recommended.

Back