• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

From FTL:

JTS:

Bale signed a new contract
Last night apparently.
145k just been told it by someone who hangs around at the club.
May be gonad*s, just passing on

grahamroberts:

Former legend of the club just called and told my mate the same.
For what it's worth...

I would say Archibald is the best but he doesn't post all that much.

Most of the others tend to either have duff info at times or go on the occasional wind-up. He's pretty much the one that's always straight up and don't exaggerate.

Who: JJ
Where: Twitter
When: May 19

On wage structure/Bale:

@Agraled:mad:jetsetyid so if we break it he stays Jj?

"it" being wage structure, "he" being gareth bale, of course.

@jetsetyid: @Agraled If we don't he goes. Don't worry DL will break it.

on Pierre-emerick Aubemayang:

‏@americanyid: @jetsetyid has PEA had a change of heart? i remember seeing quotes last season saying he was upset with how we approached him/wouldnt come

@jetsetyid: @americanyid No negotiations yet....just high on a list & watched v closely by Pleaty on Saturday....

and finally on Leandro Damiao:

@slkofficial: @jetsetyid we ain't gonna be fudging about with Damiao again all summer are we?

@jetsetyid @slkofficial Don't think so

Last edited:

On wage structure/Bale:

@Agraled:mad:jetsetyid so if we break it he stays Jj?

"it" being wage structure, "he" being gareth bale, of course.

@jetsetyid: @Agraled If we don't he goes. Don't worry DL will break it.

‏@americanyid: @jetsetyid has PEA had a change of heart? i remember seeing quotes last season saying he was upset with how we approached him/wouldnt come

@jetsetyid: @americanyid No negotiations yet....just high on a list & watched v closely by Pleaty on Saturday....

and finally on Leandro Damiao:

@slkofficial: @jetsetyid we ain't gonna be fudging about with Damiao again all summer are we?

@jetsetyid @slkofficial Don't think so

He still works for the club!?!

oh dear. :lol:

Pleat actually has a decent understanding of football if you ignore his failure at pronouncing names, but he's really poor at translating that into being a successful manager. Has been and can still be useful as a scout though.

Sherwood, Pleat and Ronnie Rosenthal....wowwww, bet AVB is impressed8-[

I guess that's why he wants them out and Baldini or equivalent in.

Pleat actually has a decent understanding of football if you ignore his failure at pronouncing names, but he's really poor at translating that into being a successful manager. Has been and can still be useful as a scout though.

Agree. I have a lot of time for Pleat actually.

Perhaps his one downfall in the modern game is his passion for British and particularly lower league players at the expense of other markets. It's just not attractive to shop there any more due to massive overpricing and decades of neglect in grassroots investment.

He's supposedly one of our fabled transfer committee, along with Sherwood and Rosenthal.

I thought that Pleat's was meant to have Levy's ear but have no official role at the club. Rosenthal is just an agent, I thought and again has no role at the club. I thought that the fabled committee was Levy, AVB and Sherwood.

I thought that Pleat's was meant to have Levy's ear but have no official role at the club. Rosenthal is just an agent, I thought and again has no role at the club. I thought that the fabled committee was Levy, AVB and Sherwood.

I'm not pretending to be ITK but I have a family member who works as a coach for the FA and in the academy structure at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Apparently Levy likes to sound out a lot of people in the game. He actually likes to monitor what is going on at other clubs and we have been busy building links with other clubs all over the world. We signed link-ups in the recent past with Real Madrid and Internacional. These aren't so much about players (although the Modric & Sandro transfers were arranged at the same time), but about building up a 'network' where we can see what other clubs are doing in terms of training, scouting, facilities etc and take the best learnings from them.

Levy is a businessman and he brings a lot of ideas from the business world into the way he runs Spurs. Not a lot of other clubs do this, but its why we consistently punch above our weight in terms of league position when you compare our wages and transfer spend to others.

Networking is a big thing in the business world, it keeps you intouch with what your rivals are doing and any new developments. It also means that have a lot of information as to what works structure wise in terms of coaching structure, staff numbers and other stuff and what doesn't.

Our transfer committee involves not just AVB, Sherwood etc, but Levy will sound out many people in the game about players etc.

This is just what is "rumoured" or the feeling within football coaching/management circles anyway.

Spurs have a reputation for doing things very differently to other football clubs for the reasons noted above. I think Fergie even referred to Levy as "different".

They don't have to be full blown employees/officials to be on a company's committee. You have lay/non-executive members. I'm sure they'll be paid in consultant fees or something.

Pleat never seems to have left the club (perhaps distanced under Arnesen, perhaps still there in the background?)

Rosenthal has apparently been in the fold since he did the Berbatov (in from BL) deal for us.

I think Darren Eales is supposed to be a 7th member too (for contract expertise etc).

Last edited:
I'm not pretending to be ITK but I have a family member who works as a coach for the FA and in the academy structure at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Apparently Levy likes to sound out a lot of people in the game. He actually likes to monitor what is going on at other clubs and we have been busy building links with other clubs all over the world. We signed link-ups in the recent past with Real Madrid and Internacional. These aren't so much about players (although the Modric & Sandro transfers were arranged at the same time), but about building up a 'network' where we can see what other clubs are doing in terms of training, scouting, facilities etc and take the best learnings from them.

Levy is a businessman and he brings a lot of ideas from the business world into the way he runs Spurs. Not a lot of other clubs do this, but its why we consistently punch above our weight in terms of league position when you compare our wages and transfer spend to others.

Networking is a big thing in the business world, it keeps you intouch with what your rivals are doing and any new developments. It also means that have a lot of information as to what works structure wise in terms of coaching structure, staff numbers and other stuff and what doesn't.

Our transfer committee involves not just AVB, Sherwood etc, but Levy will sound out many people in the game about players etc.

This is just what is "rumoured" or the feeling within football coaching/management circles anyway.

Spurs have a reputation for doing things very differently to other football clubs for the reasons noted above. I think Fergie even referred to Levy as "different".

most definitely not in a complementary sense

There won't be any transfer activity for a few days.

Levy is on the flight to Miami with the team.

ITK ;)

If there really are so many people on our transfer committee, or being sounded-out about potential players, it's no wonder that there are so many 'ITKs'!

One player who isn't leaving (well said he wasn't when I asked him yesterday) is Sandro. Also Ledley looks much slimmer now and actually shorter which is actually a bit weird. Unfortunately Ledley couldn't share any ITK info!!!!

If there really are so many people on our transfer committee, or being sounded-out about potential players, it's no wonder that there are so many 'ITKs'!

After Kemsley left I think the club went through an ITK hunt, deliberately leaking false info to see where it ended up. If you're found to be a blabbermouth you wouldn't last long on the committee.

Back