• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

'unlikely event that Bale stays'

He's far more likely to stay than go at the moment. Real seems to have run out of dirty tricks.

'unlikely event that Bale stays'

He's far more likely to stay than go at the moment. Real seems to have run out of dirty tricks.

they will try and bully it out of us in the last week.

wait until the 27th/28th for Marca to open their big mouth again, followed by the UK press and then Sat-Mon to be a barrage.

This Joe Lewis 50m rumour is finally in the Mainstream press now....Maybe there's actually something in it.

Er... (1) there is no link whatsoever between the mainstream press and the truth.

(2) I don't want to get a free loan from Joe Lewis. If that happens, we may as well have sold out to a billionaire 20 years ago and ridden the waves of free cash and trophies since then. The whole point of Spurs is that we do it within our own means.

Er... (1) there is no link whatsoever between the mainstream press and the truth.

(2) I don't want to get a free loan from Joe Lewis. If that happens, we may as well have sold out to a billionaire 20 years ago and ridden the waves of free cash and trophies since then. The whole point of Spurs is that we do it within our own means.

A small loan (for a club spurs size) from our current owner that we could have financed at any bank anyway is not selling out, it's just fiscally prudent risk management.

We needed to strengthen just a little bit more than our peers, the club probably feels we have the right momentum on and off the pitch, so now is a good opportunity to try and solidify that next step.

To be honest, if we were the first club to 'sell out', I'd be annoyed. I don't care what anyone says, any trophies that Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea win are absolutely meaningless to me.

But to do it this way, as a loan from our owner that we will probably pay back within our means, is not such a bad thing. It gives us the shot in the arm when needed, and probably won't happen every summer. And at the end of the day, it has got to the point where we have tried doing it absolutely by ourselves for 8 or so years now but some other club comes along with a rich benefactor and we always seem to fall a little bit short. fudge it, why shouldn't we spend for once and give these other clubs a taste of their own medicine.

I really dont see what the big deal would be, our net spend has been naff all for years and for a club our size with the profits we make, this sort of spending whilst recuperating a decent chunk too for average squad members isn't going to make a big difference once in a while....

I really dont see what the big deal would be, our net spend has been naff all for years and for a club our size with the profits we make, this sort of spending whilst recuperating a decent chunk too for average squad members isn't going to make a big difference once in a while....

What profits?

This makes no sense at all.

Its a loan. Lewis isn't giving us free money. He's no jack walker or Abramovich.
Its not as we dont have other loans from banks.

We don't know if its a loan, a hand out or just media speculation. As far as I know no official comments have been made. So it's all just guess work and the balance of probabilities.

We don't know if its a loan, a hand out or just media speculation. As far as I know no official comments have been made. So it's all just guess work and the balance of probabilities.

All I'm is its seeped out in the mainstream media now.
If we had extra money we aren't gonna be shouting about it until we get all our business done.

This makes no sense at all.

Why? Whilst not pretending to of scrutinised our P+L year on year from the outside looking in it appears our net spend hasn't been significant for the past few years therefore one summer of heavy investment isn't going to damage us in the long term. If I'm wrong fair enough, just think it's perfectly feasibly for us to spend big this summer without selling Bale......

Why? Whilst not pretending to of scrutinised our P+L year on year from the outside looking in it appears our net spend hasn't been significant for the past few years therefore one summer of heavy investment isn't going to damage us in the long term. If I'm wrong fair enough, just think it's perfectly feasibly for us to spend big this summer without selling Bale......

We've not been making huge profits either, we've spent what was available.

Back