• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

The problem with this is that you can verbally agree a price but nothing is final or binding until its signed. We could agree the price with RM, then go out and spend the cash only for RM to come back after we've spent it and say 'sorry, we're only offering £10m less than we said before'

Also Levy isnt the sort of person to spend money until he's got it, especially in these quantities - too much of a risk

Have to agree with this. No way Levy would spend tens of millions he doesn't have based on a non-binding agreement with Real Madrid. All it would take would be for Bale to break an ankle in some freak gardening accident and suddenly the entire club is in serious financial trouble...? I'd be very surprised if Levy would take that risk. More than that... I'd be tinkled off if he took that kind of risk with the club (and he's shown no evidence over the past decade that he'd do something like that).

The problem with this is that you can verbally agree a price but nothing is final or binding until its signed. We could agree the price with RM, then go out and spend the cash only for RM to come back after we've spent it and say 'sorry, we're only offering £10m less than we said before'

Also Levy isnt the sort of person to spend money until he's got it, especially in these quantities - too much of a risk

I think you miss-understand

I am in no way saying that there isn't a watertight agreement between RM and Spurs about his transfer. Just that the actual move itself wouldn't take place and be made public till our transfer dealings had taken place or until a pre agreed date.

and yes he is (if its saved him millions in trumped up transfer fees by not allowing other clubs to know he had sold Bale for 80 Million plus) IMO

Have to agree with this. No way Levy would spend tens of millions he doesn't have based on a non-binding agreement with Real Madrid. All it would take would be for Bale to break an ankle in some freak gardening accident and suddenly the entire club is in serious financial trouble...? I'd be very surprised if Levy would take that risk. More than that... I'd be tinkled off if he took that kind of risk with the club (and he's shown no evidence over the past decade that he'd do something like that).

What about a contract that is agreed and signed by Madrid and we just have to sign it ourselves.. Stored away safe we can spend what we like knowing we can sign the agreement when we are ready and file it with the correct people..

I think you miss-understand

I am in no way saying that there isn't a watertight agreement between RM and Spurs about his transfer. Just that the actual move itself wouldn't take place and be made public till our transfer dealings had taken place or until a pre agreed date.

and yes he is (if its saved him millions in trumped up transfer fees by not allowing other clubs to know he had sold Bale for 80 Million plus) IMO

But if there was a watertight agreement in place then you wouldnt have had comments like AVB's about him not being for sale, you wouldnt ahve had Perez saying that 100m it too much for a player and a bunch of other comments are inconsistent with a deal having taken place. We also wouldnt have put Bale on that huge billboard in Times Sq, nor played him against Swindon, nor have him still on teh website....

What about a contract that is agreed and signed by Madrid and we just have to sign it ourselves.. Stored away safe we can spend what we like knowing we can sign the agreement when we are ready and file it with the correct people..

No way in hell would Real Madrid sign a watertight contract for an £80m player and then let them spend the next month doing pre-season with his old club. I can't even imagine the legal liability issues if Bale got injured training for Spurs (or even just driving into the Spurs training ground). None of us know for sure, so maybe you're right... but we'll have to agree to disagree because I don't think massive £80m transfers happen that way.

I am reading Harry's comments on the Bale/Levy situation again. It makes sense. Maybe there is already a deal agreed to be executed at the end of window. That will explain our new found richness. We have not announced anything in fear of other clubs raising price for our transfer targets. Bale could be instructed to stay quiet otherwise the deal is canceled. We are not playing Bale in any pre-season games since the "deal" because it might cause the "deal" to be canceled.

Of course, this is all my conjecture. But it does make sense.

No way in hell would Real Madrid sign a watertight contract for an £80m player and then let them spend the next month doing pre-season with his old club. I can't even imagine the legal liability issues if Bale got injured training for Spurs (or even just driving into the Spurs training ground). None of us know for sure, so maybe you're right... but we'll have to agree to disagree because I don't think massive £80m transfers happen that way.

but he is not 'training' :)- just doing some fitness work :-k

and all the above would really depend on how much you wanted him..... and how much of a good negotiator the person at the helm of Spurs was

:-k

maybe Levy has had enough of being called a tight arse with short arms and long pockets, and said to himself " fook it im going to go on a spending splurge this summer"

levy2.gif

Levy+Money.gif

But if there was a watertight agreement in place then you wouldnt have had comments like AVB's about him not being for sale, you wouldnt ahve had Perez saying that 100m it too much for a player and a bunch of other comments are inconsistent with a deal having taken place. We also wouldnt have put Bale on that huge billboard in Times Sq, nor played him against Swindon, nor have him still on teh website....

as said he is training alone doing fitness work...

and all part of the master plan to 1) give the impression that we haven't got an 80+ million windfall coming our way and 2) to keep our fans happy before the announcement once the season starts and our minds have something else to think about (the actual footy) as apposed to sitting here with nothing to discuss except what if scenarios :)

I very much doubt that there's been an agreement all along. The things you mention makes that very unlikely.

I think it's possible that Spurs and Real came to an agreement in principle say a week back and Spurs asked for nothing to be announced for a couple of weeks while we shore up a couple of deals. Bale is (reportedly) injured anyway so Real probably wouldn't mind too much and they would understand our predicament of having it being known that we have plenty of money left.

At that point Real stopped some of their PR-machine and stated that he seemed to expensive. We meanwhile went back in for Halilovic, went in for Capoue and started some deals for some attacking midfielders somewhere. AVB stopped saying that Bale is staying and started saying no comment not to lose face.

Not saying that this is what's happening, or that it's the most likely scenario or even particularly likely at all. But this to me is at least plausible, whereas I agree with you that some long term conspiracy seems very unlikely.

Someone has to sign the contract first and we are the team with all the power. It would be subject to a medical anyway which he wouldnt pass if he isnt fit or injured in any other accident. Happens a lot in business to convince an owner to sell a company.. Leave a contract signed with big figures on it on someones desk (that only requires their signature) and it will get signed more often than not...

'WE' didn't put Bale on that billboard. America's NBC-TV network, who are showing Premier League matches this season, put it there.

In setting up one of their most visible promotions for their telecasts, it's hard to believe that a major market rights holder like NBC would be misled by either the league or club as to whether Bale would be playing in England this season.

The image used, after all, is not a real image, but a digital construct using an image from last season with this season's kit and cresting, created by Spurs' in-house art department. Surely, left hands know what right hands are doing, all along this process.

Ergo, he's not being sold.

I am reading Harry's comments on the Bale/Levy situation again. It makes sense. Maybe there is already a deal agreed to be executed at the end of window. That will explain our new found richness. We have not announced anything in fear of other clubs raising price for our transfer targets. Bale could be instructed to stay quiet otherwise the deal is canceled. We are not playing Bale in any pre-season games since the "deal" because it might cause the "deal" to be canceled.

Of course, this is all my conjecture. But it does make sense.

Or maybe we have an EXTRA £30m FROM THE NEW TV DEAL and we've spend it plus another £5m.

But of course most people would prefer a stupid conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
Goat:

Lewis has given Levy the green light to spend what we need to be contenders. Expect more activity.

I want to believe[-o< Would be brilliant to keep Gareth and buy a CB, LB and a number 10.....
I was waiting for a deadline day sitting back and relax - now Im ready for three weeks of nailbiting and fun :lol:

How can we think about the title? We have been in the CL once, could have and should have been in it twice ... but at both times, we threw it away. Not the material of champions.

But I dare to dream if we can keep Bale and get in a few more.

Back