• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Spurs team of the PL era - right back

Who is the best right back to play for Spurs in the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I will vote for Corluka, him and Lennon will get my right hand side vote as they were such an effective pairing

Carr, Walker and Corluka were all good, Carr was POS for us on at least one occasion and Corluka had a great partnership with Lennon. Walker reminds me of Scumball with his pace as both players have/had mistakes in them but got away with them because of their pace.

And his uncanny ability to slide perfectly weighted through-balls to Lennon to get him in behind full backs. Lennon's impact was massively reduced when Charlie left.
His career at Spurs seemed to end when he was ran ragged by Marko Marin in Bremen :(
In todays team, with the amount of cover Dier gives, Corluka would have been great. His passing and crosses were far better than Walker.

In todays team, with the amount of cover Dier gives, Corluka would have been great. His passing and crosses were far better than Walker.

Not so useful in a team that relies on the fullbacks overlapping and covering the length of the pitch

Carr, Walker and Corluka were all good, Carr was POS for us on at least one occasion and Corluka had a great partnership with Lennon. Walker reminds me of Scumball with his pace as both players have/had mistakes in them but got away with them because of their pace.

took me a minute

in my mind POS is piece of brick

doh

Carr all day long. Even though he left us and supposedly went to a bigger club. At the time he with us he had games for us where he was unplayable at the right back position. Marauding up the right hand side, quality crossing and some top notch goals. As well as been great in defence. he was immense for us in games.

Although Walker has Quality he is too erratic. He stillk makes mistakes. His crossing has never got better and he scores about 1 goal a season.

My fault I was to lazy to write it out. :oops:

it's an equally valid acronym

I did a job once helping a company network their electronic tills, they referred to them as Points of Sale and used the same acronym everywhere, I found everything absolutely hilarious on that job

Back