• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Spurs team of the PL era - right back

Who is the best right back to play for Spurs in the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milo

Jack L. Jones
Right. It's time to stop moping and choose the best Spurs team of the Premier League era.

We'll have a different thread for each position over the coming weeks. The thread will be open for a while for nominations and the most frequently mentioned players will be going into a poll on the same thread.

The only criteria to be nominated is that the player must have played for Spurs in the Premier League.

The team will line up 4-2-3-1.

Reminiscing about favourite players past and present is encouraged.

Anyone who comes into the thread, doesn't read what we're doing and posts their full best team of all time, gets laughed at.

My initial thought is Walker, with honourables to Carr and Corluka

Also worth reminiscing about that Stalteri goal, and Pleat's pronouncation of Shimbomba.

Tough one between Walker and Carr for me. I think Walker shades it because of pure pace, but Carr was voted best RB in the PL when he was with us wasn't he?

Yes, Walker. He's less of a **** than Carr.

As much as I don't want to admit it, because he was a plonker, I'd have to say Carr. Is he still going around with Birmingham?

Pascal Chimbonda - versatility, character and determination. If I am not mistaken we won the Carling Cup with him and also beat Chelsea for the first time in ages. I am also reminded that he gave Butt a glove in the face.

I liked Carr until he moved.

I'd go for Corluka. Not fast, but damn he was solid, AND he could cross, and he was a threat on set pieces.

Pascal Chimbonda - versatility, character and determination. If I am not mistaken we won the Carling Cup with him and also beat Chelsea for the first time in ages. I am also reminded that he gave Butt a glove in the face.

I liked Carr until he moved.

He played LB that day. Hutton was RB

Has to be either Walker or Carr. Walker with more pace, but Carr probably made fewer mistakes. Tough. I'll probably vote on impulse.

Stephen Carr for me. He had a couple of exceptional seasons for us when he was clearly the best right back in the country, scoring and making goals and a genuine leader. Walker is definitely a candidate but always has a mistake in. Corluka had an amazing understanding with Lennon and might also be considered but not sure that Lennon will be in the best ever Premiership team

Walker, followed by Carr. As I recall, Corluka looked shaky if Lennon wasn't infront of him and I always thought he was a bit of a ponce.

I think Ledley played right back in one game. He should therefore win centre back (both slots), right back, and defensive midfielder hands down. As he scored the fastest premier league goal he should also be given the attacking midfielder slot, along with the striker-positions.
With 7 Ledleys in our team, I don't care who else plays!

I'd go for Corluka. Not fast, but damn he was solid, AND he could cross, and he was a threat on set pieces.

And his uncanny ability to slide perfectly weighted through-balls to Lennon to get him in behind full backs. Lennon's impact was massively reduced when Charlie left.
His career at Spurs seemed to end when he was ran ragged by Marko Marin in Bremen :(

Back