• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

No offence taken, but I do think we have fell a few rungs down the ladder since the start of the season, and tbh the League table now backs it up.
I'm just worried with the current instability at the helm, which decent striker could we attract.
If it is true and Defoe is off in Jan, or March if its the US, we need another striker to come in, even if just a loan deal until the summer window.
Maybe,just for the Jan window we do have to aim our sights lower than we would like

Shane Long all the way. Great energy, movement, deceptively strong and quick and decent finishing. Would thrive for us with the amount of creative players and new found attacking play.

For me i would go for that big Greek striker who is ripping it up, only seen the goals so do not know about his all round game and if i wanted a young english one i would look to the black lad at Watford i have just had yet another brain fart and forget his name.

John Barnes? Luther Blissett?

Shane Long all the way. Great energy, movement, deceptively strong and quick and decent finishing. Would thrive for us with the amount of creative players and new found attacking play.

I would take him all day. I think he is an excellent forward within a squad. Lots of enthusiasm and energy but no lack of ability either. I think he would do quite well in a side like ours. Contract expires in June too so he would be available for a reasonable fee.

I would take him all day. I think he is an excellent forward within a squad. Lots of enthusiasm and energy but no lack of ability either. I think he would do quite well in a side like ours. Contract expires in June too so he would be available for a reasonable fee.

Yup I can see Sherwood fancying him and he's nice and cheap for Levy. Baldini would be the one to get onside.

Prices were quoted are 3 - 4mill for him which would be decent. At 26 he's entering that pre-peak phase and could really be an inspired buy for us.

Shane Long offers something different. He would be cheap as chips and if he flops we could sell him to Hull for a profit.

It will never happen. This guy would get slaughtered on here. Maybe I would be in the pack of hounds, myself.

He is a 1 goal in 4 league matches striker, thanks but no thanks

19 goals in 80 league matches for WBA, kinda shocking methinks.

Lets face it we all ready have Soldaldo who is not scoring enough goals in the league do we need another?

Last edited:
19 goals in 80 league matches for WBA, kinda shocking methinks.

Lets face it we all ready have Soldaldo who is not scoring enough goals in the league do we need another?

Hasn't started all those games and arguably played as a support striker for the majority of his time

Battered john terry and Chelsea's defence this season. Can play multiple roles and is disciplined.

For me he could step up and it would be a very good option for very little outlay

We could obviously go out and sign some foreigner who may or may not settle here for £20M but this seems far more sensible

Sunday People claim Tottenham director Franco Baldini is interested in Juventus strikers Mirko Vucinic and Fabio Quagliarella.

Vucinic would be great though I believe he snubbed us when he went to Juve. Good at linking the play and dropping deep etc. Good Ade cover.

If we are gonna play 4-4-2 we need a striker who could droop down and help the midfield when we are in trouble. Just like Rooney does for Utd.

Back