• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

For some reason, I get the feeling that there might be some truth in the Njie link. From what little I can tell of youtube compilations of him and Anthony Martial, they are not entirely dissimilar. And since our first choice, Martial, is no longer available, Njie might be plan B.

If there's any truth in this at all, though, I would expect that £7m is an opening gambit and that we would eventually have to pay considerably more. That's if Lyon would be prepared to sell him at all. I can imagine Aulas, Lyon's chairman, picking up the phone and groaning when he hears the words, "Bonjour, Jean Michel. C'est Daniel Levy ici. Vous vous souvenez Hugo Lloris? Alors......."

For some reason, I get the feeling that there might be some truth in the Njie link. From what little I can tell of youtube compilations of him and Anthony Martial, they are not entirely dissimilar. And since our first choice, Martial, is no longer available, Njie might be plan B.

If there's any truth in this at all, though, I would expect that £7m is an opening gambit and that we would eventually have to pay considerably more. That's if Lyon would be prepared to sell him at all. I can imagine Aulas, Lyon's chairman, picking up the phone and groaning when he hears the words, "Bonjour, Jean Michel. C'est Daniel Levy ici. Vous vous souvenez Hugo Lloris? Alors......."

I have the image of Levy being more like Officer Crabtree on 'Allo 'Allo.

"Good Moaning, i wint to moke you an iffer for your wonger"

I have the image of Levy being more like Officer Crabtree on 'Allo 'Allo.

"Good Moaning, i wint to moke you an iffer for your wonger"

Nice.

Only this is negotiation, Levy style. So the opening exchange is more likely to go thus:

"Good moaning. I wint you to make me an offer for your wonger."

Nice.

Only this is negotiation, Levy style. So the opening exchange is more likely to go thus:

"Good moaning. I wint you to make me an offer for your wonger."

"Throw mollion euros for your wonger that is widly roted to be worth ten mollion"

I believe Aulas has publicly stated that he has no intentions of dealing with Tottenham Hotspur again until Levy leaves the club. Because of his anger at agreeing a price for Lloris and then receiving a lower bid after he'd given us permission to talk to him. Fairly strong stuff.

Unless N'Jie has a release clause,I suspect 'Zut Alors!' is probably going to be the best Levy can do with this one.

i dont think we can afford Njie, he is highly rated by Lyon and they dont give away their talents cheaply

so i want to offer plan C who is imo within our price range, Paul Georges Ntep

I believe Aulas has publicly stated that he has no intentions of dealing with Tottenham Hotspur again until Levy leaves the club. Because of his anger at agreeing a price for Lloris and then receiving a lower bid after he'd given us permission to talk to him. Fairly strong stuff.

Unless N'Jie has a release clause,I suspect 'Zut Alors!' is probably going to be the best Levy can do with this one.

Whatever Aulas is quoted as saying in the heat of the moment, I wouldn't take it as final. If the offer is a good one or if Njie is determined to leave or for whatever other reason, there is always a chance that Aulas will listen.

However, it is likely that he would demand a very high price. He won't want to have his pants pulled down again.

Couldn't find such quotes. Nothing beyond a condemnation of Levy for shifting the goalposts and being the hardest negotiator he had to deal with in 25 years.

As said above, if there is a deal to be done Aulas will still come to the table.

i dont think we can afford Njie, he is highly rated by Lyon and they dont give away their talents cheaply

so i want to offer plan C who is imo within our price range, Paul Georges Ntep

Only a "best of" compilation, of course, but he looks good. Very quick; decent in the air; and seems to have ability with both feet.

Seems to tick a few boxes for us. Question is whether he ticks the black box, I guess.

Back