• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Probably thought it was too much of a gamble and with the African cup of Nations in the way too, if we were looking at him, we probably thought we'd go for him in the summer if he hadn't of been snapped up. Shame really.

Redknapp went to scout him didn't he. He came back and said the he "wasn't as good as Pav".

To be fair to Redknapp though he had had kicked around in the lower leagues of French football for a long time, and had only had one good season in Germany.

Tbh I think the jury is still out till he can repeat his form next season.

Redknapp went to scout him didn't he. He came back and said the he "wasn't as good as Pav".

To be fair to Redknapp though he had had kicked around in the lower leagues of French football for a long time, and had only had one good season in Germany.

Wasn't that Moussa Sow who "wasn't as good as Pav"

I remeber Redknapp saying that, but wasn't he playing in Germany and NOT France at that time?? I'm not sure he actually did scout Cisse at that time. I'm sure he was looking at Franch-based players at that time.
Cisse played for Freiburg from 2009 until January accoring to Wikipedia.

i'd be amazed if he wasn't scouted, i can see how he was a risk at the time, ACN call up, averaged 20ish games a season for most of his career and Bundesliga strikers have historically struggled to transfer their form to the PL

its early days, he could still be a Michael Ricketts/James Beattie/Marcus Setwart

i'd be amazed if he wasn't scouted, i can see how he was a risk at the time, ACN call up, averaged 20ish games a season for most of his career and Bundesliga strikers have historically struggled to transfer their form to the PL

its early days, he could still be a Michael Ricketts/James Beattie/Marcus Setwart

I actually think you're quite wrong about Bundesliga strikers historically struggling for form. The only one who REALLY comes to mind is Dzeko, but even he this season when given a chance has scored goals and looked a decent buy! There is also Voronin but to be honest what Ukrainian player has ever done well in the Prem? plus his record wasn't as good as those mentioned anyway.

Berbatov I thought from the get go was special, his touch and all round play you could tell was a class above. Demba Ba came in and has been great for both West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Pappis Cisse as already mentioned. Santa Cruz is another one that did well over here until injuries took their toll.

I mean just based on Bundesliga goalscorers, I wouldn't mind us going for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar or Steffen Kiessling

It was a risk that paid off. I am pretty certain had we been linked to him half of this board would have been unhappy and expected us to sign the likes of Llorente and Rossi.

It was a risk that paid off. I am pretty certain had we been linked to him half of this board would have been unhappy and expected us to sign the likes of Llorente and Rossi.

Considering he was the second highest goal scorer in Germany last season I would suggest that is tosh

What annoys me about Cisse is that he was scouted by Carr, Saudi Sportswashing Machine's chief scout who left us to join them. Considering the bargains he has identified for Saudi Sportswashing Machine why did he leave us? Or why did we allow him to leave? What it a case of him recommending players but Harry was not interested in his recommendations?

What annoys me about Cisse is that he was scouted by Carr, Saudi Sportswashing Machine's chief scout who left us to join them. Considering the bargains he has identified for Saudi Sportswashing Machine why did he leave us? Or why did we allow him to leave? What it a case of him recommending players but Harry was not interested in his recommendations?

Who'd of thought Alan Carr's dad would be a decent scout ey!

Another thing that annoys me is that we signed Saha and Everton upgraded to Nikica Jelavić who has scored 8 goals in 11 matches, and he only cost about ?ú5m or so

whether we make the CL o rnot we need to bring in some quality players (not necessarily expensive) or we will be left behind next season. Whether or not Saudi Sportswashing Machine make the CL this season they will be contenders next season for CL qualification

Last edited:
You have to also ask why our chief European scout left us to go to Liverpool around the same time, must be the evil Damien at work again...

Harry Redknapp has accused Damien Comolli of stealing one of Tottenham's chief scouts following his move to Liverpool.Comolli returned to White Hart Lane to enlist the services of Steve Hitchin, the North Londoners' talent spotter in France, following his appointment as Director of Football Strategy at Anfield earlier this month.And ahead of tomorrow's meeting between the sides Redknapp vented his anger at the actions of the former Spurs man in recruiting Hitchin, whom he claims was set to act as the club's number one scout on the continent."He's nicked him off us," said Redknapp."He was really good, an English boy who lived in France."We liked him a lot. He would have been our main scout abroad."What can you do? It's his life, the boy, and he's obviously got a better deal and decided he was going to move on."

IT'S ALL HARRYS FAULT!!! HE COULDN'T GET THE DEAL DONE THE ****!! IT'S COZ HE'S NOT 30+ !

or maybe because he wanted a proven premier league performer? maybe a deal couldn't be achieved? maybe cisse preferred Saudi Sportswashing Machine as a 'game time' option?

you're all speculating. it's easy to do.

You cant get it right all the time and being tottenham we need to cut down on risk factors as much as possible , which costs more and has more scouting involved (or so they say)

but i can understand why cisse wasnt bought or invested in for 10 million. thing is though Cisse would have probably cost us even more since our name is bigger than Saudi Sportswashing Machine. would have been like 15 million for a squad player?

nah i think it was inevitable that we'd miss out

You cant get it right all the time and being tottenham we need to cut down on risk factors as much as possible , which costs more and has more scouting involved (or so they say)

but i can understand why cisse wasnt bought or invested in for 10 million. thing is though Cisse would have probably cost us even more since our name is bigger than Saudi Sportswashing Machine. would have been like 15 million for a squad player?

He was the second highest goal scorer in Germany last season so why assume he would have been a squad player? I personally had never seen him play but I had heard about him. We could have signed him in the summer instead of Ade since he had a better goal scoring record.

Even if we had brought him and sold Pav in the summer it would have been an idea. But Cisse is just one player, but we failed to scout and buy a single striker last summer which was poor especially as we knew Pav was unreliable and Harry was not keen on 442 every week which means we were not going to get the best of Defoe.

Even if we were playing 1 up front we needed to strikers fighting for that one place. We were in 4 competitions so there would have been enough games to go round, and add to that injuries.......

It is ridiculous as some have said, to say buying a striker from abroad is a risk and then use that as an excuse to buy no one

I find you reasoning flawed and illogical as Levy has proved himself a good negotiator

IT'S ALL HARRYS FAULT!!! HE COULDN'T GET THE DEAL DONE THE ****!! IT'S COZ HE'S NOT 30+ !

or maybe because he wanted a proven premier league performer? maybe a deal couldn't be achieved? maybe cisse preferred Saudi Sportswashing Machine as a 'game time' option?

you're all speculating. it's easy to do.

It is annoying because Cisse was not the onoy striker in teh world available. Just look at Everton and their ?ú5m buy from Scotland

Back