• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

The problem Townsend or any player has trying to get into Pochs team is he is very loyal to someone who does what he asks...exactly. Look at Bentalab, one mistake and he has plummeted down the pecking order after being no1 choice last year. Unless you come into the team and do something straight off the bat then you disappear again. Now to do that without a run in the team to get Match fit is extremely difficult. Fans are super critical when players don't come straight in and fly. I love Poch but this is a flaw he has and Bentalab, Son and Townsend have all suffered from it.

Not sure either of those bolded points are really true.

(1) Bentaleb has slipped down the order because others have come in and played better.

(2) Townsend has played nearly 100 games for us and had his chances and not taken them, Son you may ( just) have a point but I think its more that he got injured and has not picked up the form he was showing before that injury.

(3) So to sum it all up to say its a flaw of Poch is really not the reason.

Not sure either of those bolded points are really true.

(1) Bentaleb has slipped down the order because others have come in and played better.

(2) Townsend has played nearly 100 games for us and had his chances and not taken them, Son you may ( just) have a point but I think its more that he got injured and has not picked up the form he was showing before that injury.

(3) So to sum it all up to say its a flaw of Poch is really not the reason.
Am not sure Carroll has deserved to move ahead of Bentalab based on anything ive seen, but he has.
I would say Townsend had had more decent games on average than Lamela? But nowwhere near the squad.
Son i agree hasnt been as good as before the injury but then Eriksen before yesterday had been very poor and Son ws still sitting on the bench.
Just an observation

Am not sure Carroll has deserved to move ahead of Bentalab based on anything ive seen, but he has.
I would say Townsend had had more decent games on average than Lamela? But nowwhere near the squad.
Son i agree hasnt been as good as before the injury but then Eriksen before yesterday had been very poor and Son ws still sitting on the bench.
Just an observation

Dembele has come back into the picture this season and so has Ali ( that is not even taking Carroll into the consideration who I think has done well).

Townsend has had his chances and has obviously shown Poch that he offers very little, as for Lamela Poch has shown faith in him and is a different player to Townsend all round.

Benjamin Moukandjo

I watch a little bit of french football, really like this guy, big strong, pacey seems to be a decent finisher someone email Spurs his name!

Just an observation

:eek: What are you taking and where do you get it?

You have watched Lamela I take it?
Bar 4/5 decent games he's been bang average.

I think that Lamela has played well this season. After Dembele, he is our most improved player and even when he is having an off game, his work rate and closing down is first class. Townsend has been poor for a while now and is completely unsuited to how Poch wants us to play. I am sure that he will do well though, if he moves to a club that plays to his strengths.

You have watched Lamela I take it?
Bar 4/5 decent games he's been bang average.

wooo there Lamela is showing what he is about to become, townsend is a one trick pony with no football intelligence, when your young you can look good when you put your head down and run. But Lamela is showing game intelligence, it is also worth noting Lamela does far more defensive work and we look less exposed with him in the side.

This is coming from someone who would have sold Lamela at the start of the season and who used to be a huge Townsend fan.

Sorry just don't get the Lamela appreciation, think people try very hard to justify him. I wonder if he was at another club and you were viewing him with no bias, how would you rate him? Still makes bad choices, works hard(surely a given), doesn't score enough, creates a bit. Not exactly what we thought we were getting is it?

Sorry just don't get the Lamela appreciation, think people try very hard to justify him. I wonder if he was at another club and you were viewing him with no bias, how would you rate him? Still makes bad choices, works hard(surely a given), doesn't score enough, creates a bit. Not exactly what we thought we were getting is it?
Nearly all my friends that are fans of other clubs (mostly United and Arsenal) say they'd love to have Lamela in the team. That says a lot, because other than Kane, there aren't any other they speak that way about.

his foot work is outstanding and his end product is getting very good, sort of reminds me of Bale before he got scary good,
If he had Bale's pace he would have been a top player right now. But he doesn't, so he had to continue improving the other aspects of his game.

On a separate note, one player that caught my eye is Duncan Watmore. Would really like for us to take a shot at getting him.

If he had Bale's pace he would have been a top player right now. But he doesn't, so he had to continue improving the other aspects of his game.

On a separate note, one player that caught my eye is Duncan Watmore. Would really like for us to take a shot at getting him.

Watmore has looked great in his cameos so far and could be a real player

I was also really impressed with Sunderlands keeper

Nearly all my friends that are fans of other clubs (mostly United and Arsenal) say they'd love to have Lamela in the team. That says a lot, because other than Kane, there aren't any other they speak that way about.
The supporters of other teams here at work think he is rubbish and has been a massive waste of money. I think he has improved this season and is worth his place in the team. I don't think he has shown himself to be a 26/30 million pound (whichever of the two it was that he cost) signing, but the transfer fee wasn't the player's fault and at the moment

I think Lamela is in our team on merit having stepped up his performances since the start of the season. His work rate has never been in question, but I used to get frustrated at how much possession he surrendered and how easily he surrendered it. However he seems to have got a lot stronger on the ball over the past 3 months or so and as a result he loses it far less often and makes things happen even more often. Lamela has always had good vision and been a player who creates chances (I would wager that Lamela has probably created more chances than any other player in our team this season). What other team's most creative player is also one of their hardest working?

Let me get this straight. You are criticising Lamela's decision making whilst championing Townsend :confused:

The supporters of other teams here at work think he is rubbish and has been a massive waste of money. I think he has improved this season and is worth his place in the team. I don't think he has shown himself to be a 26/30 million pound (whichever of the two it was that he cost) signing, but the transfer fee wasn't the player's fault and at the moment

I think Lamela is in our team on merit having stepped up his performances since the start of the season. His work rate has never been in question, but I used to get frustrated at how much possession he surrendered and how easily he surrendered it. However he seems to have got a lot stronger on the ball over the past 3 months or so and as a result he loses it far less often and makes things happen even more often. Lamela has always had good vision and been a player who creates chances (I would wager that Lamela has probably created more chances than any other player in our team this season). What other team's most creative player is also one of their hardest working?

Second most behind Eriksen now. At one stage of the season he had created the most chances in the league.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. You are criticising Lamela's decision making whilst championing Townsend :confused:
Nope wasnt championing Townsend was just making a point about Poch's treatment of certain players. So you can remove the puzzled look

Back