• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

It was rumoured that he was sold to get around Swindon's loan limit, and there is a nominal buy-back clause.

First time I've heard that - very Levy!! Very good news if true and makes a lot of sense. Luongo did well out on loan the year before, cant remember which team (somewhere cold and wet up north) so selling him abruptly last summer was very odd, particularly when you look at how long we've held on to people like Dawkins and Obika

First time I've heard that - very Levy!! Very good news if true and makes a lot of sense. Luongo did well out on loan the year before, cant remember which team (somewhere cold and wet up north) so selling him abruptly last summer was very odd, particularly when you look at how long we've held on to people like Dawkins and Obika

Ipswich fans loved him when he was on loan there. It's why it surprised me that he dropped down a divison to League One to play for Swindon. I always thought he was capable at the time of getting a good Championship loan again.

West Ham United 0-3 Spurs XI

xi_wh_730a.jpg

Younes Kaboul, Paulinho, Sandro and Jan Vertonghen all returned to action as a Spurs XI team beat West Ham 3-0 in a friendly at Upton Park on Thursday.

Sandro played the first half with Kaboul, Paulinho and Vertonghen all playing to the hour mark. Tim Sherwood reported afterwards that all four came through unscathed.

Kaboul, sidelined since November 24 with a thigh problem and Vertonghen, out since December 4 with an ankle injury, lined-up together in central defence.

Paulinho, who damaged an ankle against Stoke on December 28 was alongside Sandro, who suffered a hamstring injury against Liverpool on December 15.

Brad Friedel, Kyle Naughton, Zeki Fryers, Etienne Capoue, Lewis Holtby, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Harry Kane also started at Upton Park.

Kane struck twice and saw another two goals disallowed and Holtby provided all three assists in what was a competitive encounter, but essentially a comfortable win.

Kane opened the scoring on 12 minutes. Picking the ball up centrally, he played a one-two with Holtby, drove forward and finished confidently one-on-one.

Friedel did well to save from Seb Lletget on 14 minutes but it was all Spurs for the remainder of the first half.

Kane was there to tap home after Sam Howes palmed out Holtby's low drive, but the offside flag was up. Howes did well to touch Sigurdsson's curler away from the top corner on 36 minutes but couldn't prevent us going 2-0 up minutes later as Holtby lofted a pass through to Paulinho, who blasted home from 16 yards.

Milos Veljkovic replaced Sandro at half-time and Kane was there again 10 minutes into the second half to slide in Fryers' cross, only to be denied by the flag again.

Giancarlo Gallifuoco, Kevin Stewart and Grant Ward replaced Kaboul, Paulinho and Sandro on the hour and the next action of note saw George Moncur scoop over from Lletget's cross.

Kane was finally rewarded with a second goal to make it 3-0 on 72 minutes. The move started with Sigurdsson's precise pass to Holtby inside the box, he unselfishly squared to Kane, who picked his spot from 10 yards.

The Hammers had a couple of late chances, Paul McCallum headed wide from close range and Friedel produced the save of the game in the final seconds, throwing himself full stretch to his right to fingertip away Shaun Maguire's curler destined for the top corner.

Spurs XI:

Friedel

Naughton (A McQueen, 75), Kaboul (Gallifuoco, 60), Vertonghen (Stewart, 60), Fryers

Capoue, Paulinho (Ward, 60), Sandro (Veljkovic, 46)

Holtby (Couleybaly, 75), Kane, Sigurdsson​

xi_wh_730c.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, & Academy (U-18s) 2013-14

Last edited:
since when did Couliballs get back from his spell ripping up Serie F??

That "XI" side is hella strong... Would finish comfortably mid table in the Premiership.

Great to see some of the players back from injury. I wonder if the City game will be too soon?

That "XI" side is hella strong... Would finish comfortably mid table in the Premiership.

Great to see some of the players back from injury. I wonder if the City game will be too soon?

They have almost another week to get up to speed, but I really don't think Sherwood will make wholesale changes for the City game.

I like the fact that Kaboul and Verts get time together to form an understanding. Could be one hell of a defensive force if they both recover their A game

I like the fact that Kaboul and Verts get time together to form an understanding. Could be one hell of a defensive force if they both recover their A game

For my money, a fully fit Kaboul & Vertonghen are our strongest central defence partnership.

U18s Home to West Brom

John McDermott hopes our youngsters will hit the ground running as our Barclays Under-18 Premier League campaign resumes with the visit of West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.

The postponement of last weekend’s trip to Chelsea means our Under-18s have yet to return to domestic action following the break in league fixtures over the festive period – with consecutive tournaments in Florida and Vietnam having kept the players busy throughout December and early January.

Academy Manager John admitted the lads are eager to get back into action, with a busy programme of fixtures on the horizon.

“Hopefully we’ll come flying out of the blocks after two weeks off following the Vietnam trip,” John said ahead of Saturday’s game at the Training Centre.

“We’re champing at the bit. We’re going into a games programme in which we’ve potentially got a lot of midweek games now. I’m just hoping that the amount of games that we’ve got to play doesn’t diminish the quality of the training.”

John confessed the time off since the Vietnam trip at the start of this month has allowed everyone to recharge their batteries ahead of this weekend’s Baggies test.

“I’d say the games in Vietnam especially have been amongst the toughest games I’ve been involved in since I’ve been at Tottenham Hotspur,” he added.

“We’re certainly not rusty. It was a shame that last week’s game against Chelsea was postponed, although in a way it wasn’t bad to have two weeks off after Vietnam, because I think the heat and the three games in five days (in Vietnam) was incredibly sapping.

“But as we approach this weekend, as always, we’ll adapt to whatever system West Brom have got and whatever players they’ve got.”

U21 Premier League HT: Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 West Bromwich Albion

Lads have dominated but hit by second goal, curler from edge of box by Nabi.

62 mins GOAL!

Miller played in substitute Georgiou, crisp low drive from the left angle beat keeper Palmer.

Spurs 1-2 West Brom.

77 mins Goal disallowed

Ogilvie slotted home from close range but equaliser chalked off for earlier foul. Lads pushing and pushing.

85 mins GOAL!

Vincent-Young burst down the right, cross volleyed home at the far post by Georgiou.

2-2

Back