• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

37 mins

Spurs 4 Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1

The ball falls to Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Michael Richardson after their corner and he shoots from distance

Half time: Spurs 4 Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1.

Positive, attacking football from Spurs this 45 with goals from Coulibaly, Townsend, McEvoy and Kane

A goal and two assists for Andros Townsend in the first half on his return from injury

A6345_zps9cfeb3b0.jpg

U21 Half time substitution

Andros Townsend gets an impressive 45 mins game time and is replaced by Aaron McEneff

Spurs U21 sub - 53.

Zeki Fryers is replaced by Ruben Lameiras

71 - Spurs U21 substitution.

Joe Pritchard replaces Adam Smith

Last edited:
Just back from the game, and unfortunately it is not all good news.

Townsend came off at HT with a recurrence of his hamstring injury, left leg, pulled up chasing a ball in the last minute of the half.

Not as problematic, is that Fryers also had to go off with an injury, although it wasn't clear what his injury was. He walked off the pitch, but needed a golf cart to take him back to the building

On to the good news, we were very impressive against a very young looking Saudi Sportswashing Machine

A great performance from Kane, who constantly played brilliant through balls to our other key player, Ken McEvoy (Bale look-a-like). McEvoy was involved with most of our good attacking play, and had it not been for some terrible finishing from Coulibaly and Lameiras (although his chance was a tricky one to finish) - he would have had a handful of assists. Kane's control was supreme, and he was clearly the most 'ready' on the pitch for first team action.

Smith looked very assured and was talking to the younger/less-experienced guys around him the whole time. He is too good to be playing U-21's

Stewart was also very good at centre back, less comfortable at left back (where he moved to after Fryers went off - but he was being doubled-up). He also captained the team

Coulibaly was pretty average, and for me the worst player for us today - offside the whole time, and wasted many chances

Veljkovic played the first half in central midfield with Grant Ward, and the second half in central defence. And Gallifuoco was the other central defender

Both Velkjovic and Gallifuoco were pretty good - large lads

Ward was very interesting indeed - pacy, had some good moves, just lacked the vision sometimes

Keeper was pretty good - VERY vocal

Lameiras and McEneff - were energetic and worked very hard off the ball
Line up was different to 6061's - it was more like:

Archer

Smith - Gallifuoco - Stewart - Fryers

Townsend - Veljkovic - Ward - McEvoy

Kane

Coulibaly

(Although Townsend and McEvoy constantly switched)

Second half, when Townsend came off, it went to:

Archer

Smith - Gallifuoco - Stewart - Fryers

McEvoy - Veljkovic - McEneff - Ward

Kane

Coulibaly

And when Fryers went off, Veljkovic dropped back to CB, Stewart moved to LB and Lameiras came in to central midfield

A very enjoyable FREE experience!!!

I think Kane looks like a good player no doubt, but it's his lack of pace that worries me. When coming on with 10/15 minutes (can't remember exactly how much) left of a game against United he still looked particularly slow. In the premier league I think you do need a burst of pace to become top quality as a forward - Berba being the main exception but I don't think Harry has that grace and guile to supplement not being speedy as ****, hopefully I'm wrong. Perhaps playing behind a resurgent Ade could work though.

I think Kane looks like a good player no doubt, but it's his lack of pace that worries me. When coming on with 10/15 minutes (can't remember exactly how much) left of a game against United he still looked particularly slow. In the premier league I think you do need a burst of pace to become top quality as a forward - Berba being the main exception but I don't think Harry has that grace and guile to supplement not being speedy as ****, hopefully I'm wrong. Perhaps playing behind a resurgent Ade could work though.

bear in mind that he is just 19, his pace was no issue today against a very pacy Saudi Sportswashing Machine team...it was relentless first half, and he seemed to have so much more time when he had the ball than anyone else, a bit like modric/berbatov used to have...

What about Teddy Sherringham? The first time I saw Kane play I thought that he looked to be that type of player.... Decent physically, no pace at all but very good great touch, vision and awareness.

LOAN WATCH

Lawrence Vigouroux helped Hyde FC claim their first win of the season in the Skrill Conference Premier on Tuesday night.

Our on-loan goalkeeper made several flying saves to keep his clean sheet intact, in doing so helping his side claim a 2-0 victory at Welling United.

It wasn’t such a great night for our trio on loan at League One Swindon Town, though. Grant Hall, Alex Pritchard and Ryan Mason were all in the thick of the action, but they couldn’t prevent their side from slipping to a 2-0 defeat against basement side Stevenage.

Ryan went close with a free-kick after Swindon had fallen behind but Stevenage wrapped up the victory with a second half penalty, awarded after Grant was penalised for his challenge on Francois Zoko.

Personally,I'd rather him on the bench than Naughton.

Tough call - its like saying would you rather be run over by a bus or run over by a lorry. I dont think either will make it in the PL and, given its a squad game nowadays, I dont think either are likely to be good enough as a back-up RB. The loan looks good for Fredricks though - will get him games and help us sell him perhaps in teh summer

Our Under-21s are back in Barclays U21 Premier League action at Stoke City today (Friday, January 17).

The lads will be looking to build on Monday's fine 4-1 victory against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

It's a younger squad than lined-up against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, including First Year trainee Anton Walkes.

Kick-off at Stoke is 1pm.

Squad:

Ball, Coulibaly, Gallifuoco, Lameiras, McEneff, McEvoy, A McQueen, D McQueen, Michael-Percil, Miles, Stewart, Veljkovic, Walkes, Ward.

Tough call - its like saying would you rather be run over by a bus or run over by a lorry. I dont think either will make it in the PL and, given its a squad game nowadays, I dont think either are likely to be good enough as a back-up RB. The loan looks good for Fredricks though - will get him games and help us sell him perhaps in teh summer

I agree to a certain extent I suppose. I just find watching Naughton very painful.

U21s v Stoke City

Miles

A McQueen, Ball, Gallifuoco, Stewart

Lameiras, McEneff, Veljkovic

McEvoy, Coulibaly, Ward

Subs: D McQueen, Michael-Percil, Walkes​

Last edited:
Back