• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Lorient have announced the loan signing of Ryan Mason.

odd move going abroad, must say to start with i thought he had gone back to orient, anyway a few of our boys have gone on loans abroad i wonder if this is a new trend we are seeing and that we are going to send players on loans abroad to clubs that play in a similar style or if it is because the skill level is higher abroad.

hope he gets some games and comes back a better all round player.

he is meant to be one of the quite good ones Gomelt, i was wondering why we were not playing youth tournaments as much as we used to, i liked it when the players were going round the world playing in competitions against other teams

The is certainly a trend now with us loaning abroad, would love to hear a comment on this from tim sherwood or somebody to see what the idea behind it is, not saying im against it, quite like the idea just wonder what the reasoning is.

Absolutely fair play to Simon Dawkins.

Few years ago he must have thought his career especially in top flight football was over. Released from Spurs. Then we suddenly re-signed him, sent him on loan to one of our affiliated clubs in America and he played well and now has a loan move to a Prem club. Absolutely good luck to him. Would annoy me if he went and scored goals there though and looked good considering OBIKA was ahead of him here!!?

Also, great to see Pritchard out on loan. Lets hope he delivers.

Good to have it from the horse's mouth:

@pritch_93: Happy to have signed a new 2 and a half year contract with spurs and also going on loan to Peterborough till the summer. #No10

Very good sign that we are sending our best players out to gain experience at other clubs. My assumption is that whatever club they are going to wanted them in the first place, did research and feel that the kids can help them.

Good to have it from the horse's mouth:

@pritch_93: Happy to have signed a new 2 and a half year contract with spurs and also going on loan to Peterborough till the summer. #No10

This has been worrying me for a while now. Great news. He's definitely one of our most talented youth players, and I can only hope he impresses at Posh and starts his journey into our first-team (hopefully!). :)

Thinking about the Gomelt loan, it still makes no sense.

He's supposed to be highly rated, right? But it's not like he's been pulling up trees in the NextGen or for the U21s? How is he going to be good enough to help out Espanyol?

Seems a little bit like we're offered him on loan almost as a trial if they want to sign him permanently. A bit like Juve did with Falque to Villareal and then to us. Of course that's just speculations on my part, I have no clue.

Back