• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

That Reading 6-4 game

Remember my brother and I both paying an absolutely ridiculous amount for my ticket for this match, maybe something like £60!! Ended up being worth it though - cracking match if definitely one we were had a fair bit of luck in. Berbatov was ridiculous in that match - will never forget his performance. That third he scored was almost worrth the match ticket alone..

I thought this game was under BMJ too, but if you watch the vid its juande Ramos and Poyet on the bench!!!

**** me, I'd have put my first born and the house on this being under BMJ. Had to go Googling the dates because I didn't believe my eyes.

Still though, to me, my happiest time supporting Spurs was under Jol. A decade and a half of utter ****e finally came to an end. Up to him, if I'm not wrong, we hadn't finished in the top 6 or the bottom 6 of the Premiership. While we should never be bottom 6, it was a disgrace that we weren't top six in 15 years. BMJ gave us our pride back.

Aaah Berbatov! What an artist. What sublime skill and talent. Comparisons are odious, but I think he gave me more joy even than Gareth Bale. The Keane / Berbatov partnership was excellent.

While Berba had a great game, I believe no one can deny his best performance was the one against Bolton when Keane got sent off in the first half.

What a game that was indeed!

Although watching that video just reminds me of how great it was to have a forward like Berbatov who could pretty much do it all... a clinical finisher who had the awareness to create chances for better placed teamates, tall plus strong enough to bully CBs and win aerial duels but still having the skill to play one-touch football... basically the best parts of Soldado, Defoe and Adebayor all rolled into one really!

[video=youtube;JyQxAqYDGL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQxAqYDGL8[/video]

Even the plod is clapping him @7:44

Try picking a top 3 out of that. Almost impossible.

If Spurs have a reputation for playing great attacking football but being a soft touch and **** at the back, this season was almost too cliché to be true.

4-4 with Chelsea and Villa. Spanking West Ham, Wigan and Derby 4-0, Fulham 5-1, oh and of course that lot from down the road 5-1. And of course, losing 4-1 at home to Keegan's Saudi Sportswashing Machine who had hardly won a game, losing 4-1 away to Birmingham who got relegated AND losing 3-2 to them at home, let alone getting absolutely dingdonged on at home against Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton. Seem to remember we had a habit of letting in last minute goals in that season

What Joe Hart is going through now does remind me a bit of what Robinson went through then. I guess the only difference is that whilst David James was in fine form back then, there's no realistic candidates to take Hart's place at the moment.

That was awful. Luckily I didnt go to that game, it was on Sky and Robbie Keane got sent off didnt he? Last minute zim zimmer from their left back or something wasnt it?

Even the plod is clapping him @7:44

Try picking a top 3 out of that. Almost impossible.

It is.

Personally, would vote for
1/ Charlton away, the turn on the halfway line
2/ Middlesborough away, superb finish
3/ Besiktas away, turns the key inside out

I seem to remember us bossing the game, but had a look at the highlights, and my word, some shocking defending on display! :-# Amazing game in the end though. :lol:

Cheers for that, interesting memories. I had taken my (long suffering) fiancee up to the Lochs of Scotland for a romantic break. Naturally I was listening to the goal reports coming in as we drove around, getting more and more angry and sweary. By the end I wasn't even happy we won because I was so pis sed off we let in 4 to Reading.

(We live near Reading so some of my mates are Reading fans)

Berbatov was awesome that day, so powerful and skilful, nearest player around now is Michu. The same blend of power, technique and stroppiness

What a game that was indeed!

Although watching that video just reminds me of how great it was to have a forward like Berbatov who could pretty much do it all... a clinical finisher who had the awareness to create chances for better placed teamates, tall plus strong enough to bully CBs and win aerial duels but still having the skill to play one-touch football... basically the best parts of Soldado, Defoe and Adebayor all rolled into one really!

[video=youtube;JyQxAqYDGL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQxAqYDGL8[/video]

Terrifies me that this was 7 years ago.

Back