• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

That Reading 6-4 game

Daisuk

Les Medley
I seem to remember us bossing the game, but had a look at the highlights, and my word, some shocking defending on display! :-# Amazing game in the end though. :lol:

[video=youtube;A0rZx6Fvz-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0rZx6Fvz-A[/video]

Was never gonna happen, but just makes me wonder what could have been if we'd had Berbatov for the Harry era. Which, as that video reminded me, was the only era we've ever been good at defending set–pieces in my lifetime.

One of my favourite games of all time, despite the fact it should have carried a govt health warning.

Tbh I didnt remember us being in total control at any time. For some reason that day we made Kitson look like Maradona. That spell of defending at 2-1 for around five minutes was shocking, how we never went 3-1 down was beyond me.
Got lucky with the pen at 4-4, Defoe was a good yard inside the box ready for the rebound.
The highlights dont show it, but pretty sure Berbatob had a great chance to make it 7 in the last few minutes too.

That was one entertaining season, IIRC wasnt there something like a 100 goals seen at the Lane?

Was never gonna happen, but just makes me wonder what could have been if we'd had Berbatov for the Harry era. Which, as that video reminded me, was the only era we've ever been good at defending set–pieces in my lifetime.

His goals in that game alone were quality, okay the first was being in the right place at the right time. Loved the way he blasts the second into the net.
The turn for the 3rd was pure skill, and the 4th...the way he bullies past the defender and powers the ball home....ah memories

That was one entertaining season, IIRC wasnt there something like a 100 goals seen at the Lane?

If Spurs have a reputation for playing great attacking football but being a soft touch and **** at the back, this season was almost too cliché to be true.

4-4 with Chelsea and Villa. Spanking West Ham, Wigan and Derby 4-0, Fulham 5-1, oh and of course that lot from down the road 5-1. And of course, losing 4-1 at home to Keegan's Saudi Sportswashing Machine who had hardly won a game, losing 4-1 away to Birmingham who got relegated AND losing 3-2 to them at home, let alone getting absolutely dingdonged on at home against Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton. Seem to remember we had a habit of letting in last minute goals in that season.

What Joe Hart is going through now does remind me a bit of what Robinson went through then. I guess the only difference is that whilst David James was in fine form back then, there's no realistic candidates to take Hart's place at the moment.

Match ratings? :D

Kaboul and Hudd look so laboured in that.

Pascal did well!

I like this new mature, measured and patient approach we have...

But my oh my - Berbatov...

One of my favourite games of all time, despite the fact it should have carried a govt health warning.

Agreed with both, those 2 years under Jol where we scored over 100 goals each time, were my most fav times at the lane in recent times, we were the entertainers

In Jan, swap Ade for Berbs

I'd take him back any day of the week for Ade. The wound has healed, he can come back. What a fantastic striker he was.

And yeah, that season was insane. I worked as a journalist that year, covering a lot of our games (this was one of them) and the Chelsea at home game. The whole sports section thought I had gone completely mad after Berbatov missing a gigantic chance to make it 5-4 to us in overtime against Chelski.

I was there that day. Drank lots of beer and missed at least 3 goals due to a couple of toilet breaks.

I seem to remember us bossing the game, but had a look at the highlights, and my word, some shocking defending on display! :-# Amazing game in the end though. :lol:

[video=youtube;A0rZx6Fvz-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0rZx6Fvz-A[/video]

Was a hell of a game to be at and one of many that season

what was the game where Berbatov got man of the match despite someone else (Keane) scoring a hat trick?

What a game that was indeed!

Although watching that video just reminds me of how great it was to have a forward like Berbatov who could pretty much do it all... a clinical finisher who had the awareness to create chances for better placed teamates, tall plus strong enough to bully CBs and win aerial duels but still having the skill to play one-touch football... basically the best parts of Soldado, Defoe and Adebayor all rolled into one really!

[video=youtube;JyQxAqYDGL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQxAqYDGL8[/video]

My favourite goal was the goal by Malbranque to make it 4-4. It was a great goal but his facial reaction was funny. He was so disgusted and embarassed by the scoreline to celebrate the goal with the others :lol:. It was not really enjoyable as our defence were so shyte you didn't know how many goals we would concede that day.

I am convinced this was the match that made Berbatov become big-headed and decided he was bigger than the team and so should leave Spurs.

what was the game where Berbatov got man of the match despite someone else (Keane) scoring a hat trick?

Not sure if Keane got a hat trick but Bolton at home one year (maybe that year), I think Keane got sent off just before half time but we were three or so goals up. Second half Berba was up front by himself and was incredible. Think we won 4-1. That's the kind of hold up play we're missing now.

Agreed with both, those 2 years under Jol where we scored over 100 goals each time, were my most fav times at the lane in recent times, we were the entertainers

I thought this game was under BMJ too, but if you watch the vid its juande Ramos and Poyet on the bench!!!

Back