• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thanks Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:ross: I'd say charlatan is a pretty good description of a ****e pundit made redundant by a ****e tv station playing at being a manager.

Whereas I'd say it's a good description of somebody who tries to use a central defensive pair of Dawson and Capoue to play a high line against Liverpool.

I guess page 7 of the uefa coaching manual must have stated that this was the way to set up a team.... Unfortunately the Charlatan didn't get as far as page 8 where it said 'unless the opposition have pacy forwards and you have 2 central defenders with no pace and the turning circles of a large oil tanker'.

Yeah the same 'Charlatan' who was so good at fooling people he got us our record PL points total

Oh are we back to points per game again?.... I thought we weren't allowed to use those sort of stats?... Or is that only when they are being used to show that Sherwood actually did pretty well? :ross:

Or the same one couldn't get us into the top 4 despite having one of the best players in the World playing for us.... :lol:

You mean the one who the 'charlatan' turned into one of the best players in the world? That 'charlatan' who was so GHod at trickery he even hoodwinked Bale into doing that?;)

You mean the one who the 'charlatan' turned into one of the best players in the world? That 'charlatan' who was so GHod at trickery he even hoodwinked Bale into doing that?;)

It's funny but I'm sure I remember Bale being really rather bloody good under Redknapp! Or did I imagine being in the San Siro and seeing him score a second half hat trick and then taking Maicon to the cleaners at WHL? If the Charlatan was such a good coach to suddenly create this world class player in only one season then why couldn't he repeat it with Lamela last season?

It's funny but I'm sure I remember Bale being really rather bloody good under Redknapp! Or did I imagine being in the San Siro and seeing him score a second half hat trick and then taking Maicon to the cleaners at WHL? If the Charlatan was such a good coach to suddenly create this world class player in only one season then why couldn't he repeat it with Lamela last season?

Yes Bale was good under Redknapp. But was he referred to as "one of the best in the world" at that time? Or did that tag only come in the 2012/13 season?

Yes Bale was good under Redknapp. But was he referred to as "one of the best in the world" at that time? Or did that tag only come in the 2012/13 season?

Or was it just natural progression from a 21/22 year old player?.... Looks to me like he has got even better still this season at Real Madrid.... and I expect him to do the same next season and so on until his peak in a couple of years time.

Or was it just natural progression from a 21/22 year old player?.... Looks to me like he has got even better still this season at Real Madrid.... and I expect him to do the same next season and so on until his peak in a couple of years time.

Was going to write something very similar bit you beat me to it.

Confuses me how those who ****ged of Tim can still defend avb???? If Tim was **** avb was uber ****.

Was going to write something very similar bit you beat me to it.

Confuses me how those who ****ged of Tim can still defend avb???? If Tim was **** avb was uber ****.

I think too many people were taken in by his expensive tailored suits, designer stubble and gravelly voice.... Unfortunately our chairman was also one of them ;)

You mean progressing to being "one of the best in the world" is just a natural progression for a 21/22 year old player? Harry Kane should be dynamite in a year or two then

You mean progressing to being "one of the best in the world" is just a natural progression for a 21/22 year old player? Harry Kane should be dynamite in a year or two then

Yeah that's exactly what he meant, it's got nothing to do with bales talent application dedication etc.

Yeah that's exactly what he meant, it's got nothing to do with bales talent application dedication etc.

I think you'll find it's probably a combination of both talent/application of the player and the manager using him to his and the team's strengths.

I think you'll find it's probably a combination of both talent/application of the player and the manager using him to his and the team's strengths.

Not exactly rocket science though is it?

'Bale runs like a whippet and has a shot like Hot-Shot Hamish - get the ball to him as much as possible!"

**** me .. can we get the new guy in so we don't have to rehash the AVB vs. TS argument ...

newsflash .. titanic just sunk .. second news item, neither AVB OR TS were good enough .. hence they are both on their way ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back