• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Television Coverage Of Spurs

how Legal is this? I understand Kodi itself is legal but the addons to stream stuff are a grey area?

Are there any addons to watch the football that are 100% legal, guess you'd have to pay/subscribe to those?

Ok, downloaded kodi and installed wookie. Can't say I am impressed. Haven't found a single sports channel with higher than 540p so far. Lot's to choose from, but difficult to find what you are looking for.

Sent from outer space

so whats a good cheap android box to use? (not interested in one which is preloaded)

had a Fire TV stick for a while but found it quite temperamental

The ones i buy dont come preloaded. I load the stuff on there myself
@Spursman won't I need some kind of subscription to access all the "restricted" channels, such as sky sports? And are there other channels that show the 3 pm games? Oh, and is it possible to record or rewind, say I get home just when a game has finished, can I rewind back to the kick off?

Sent from outer space

ALL sports channels are open to use without paying more. sky, bt, bien, all sports etc There are loads of channels that show 3pm games, it just about finding a good stream for it. When there is a game on, it usually displays the fixture 3 or 4 times on the selection list. If one stream is no good you can try others.

You wont really need to record anything in terms of movies, tv shows etc. its all on demand. You cant rewind live tv, however there are addons that alllow you to watch the match again, or just the goals. Ares football its called.

how Legal is this? I understand Kodi itself is legal but the addons to cat video on youtube stuff are a grey area?

Are there any addons to watch the football that are 100% legal, guess you'd have to pay/subscribe to those?

nothing is 100% legal besides BT & Sky in the UK. However like you said its very much a grey area. No one has ever been prosecuted for streaming content.

Copyright law is just that. (to copy) streaming is not copying hence the grey area. The more popular these boxes get the higher chance the law may change a bit. BBC are already saying the use of iplayer is now chargeable on TV license from sept 1st

Ok, downloaded kodi and installed wookie. Can't say I am impressed. Haven't found a single sports channel with higher than 540p so far. Lot's to choose from, but difficult to find what you are looking for.

Sent from outer space

Takes a bit of time to get used to, try DC Sports, Zem Sports, Halow sports. Their streams are usually very good. You have to remember the streams are free to use. Its not going to be perfect every time. During live games the providers try to provide the best streams possible. When nothing is on they maybe get a big lazy and just add whatever

what version of wookie did you install?? lite? new or retro? lite is the best one in my opinion

ALL sports channels are open to use without paying more. sky, bt, bien, all sports etc There are loads of channels that show 3pm games, it just about finding a good cat video on youtube for it. When there is a game on, it usually displays the fixture 3 or 4 times on the selection list. If one cat video on youtube is no good you can try others.

You wont really need to record anything in terms of movies, tv shows etc. its all on demand. You cant rewind live tv, however there are addons that alllow you to watch the match again, or just the goals. Ares football its called.
Actually there is a fork of the IPTV simple client plugin that allows full PVR features.

It's only available in the current version of Kodi, and you'll have to compile it yourself:
https://github.com/rkubera/pvr.iptvsimple

Takes a bit of time to get used to, try DC Sports, Zem Sports, Halow sports. Their streams are usually very good. You have to remember the streams are free to use. Its not going to be perfect every time. During live games the providers try to provide the best streams possible. When nothing is on they maybe get a big lazy and just add whatever

what version of wookie did you install?? lite? new or retro? lite is the best one in my opinion
Installed new. Isn't it just the look that differes between them?

Sent from outer space

Installed new. Isn't it just the look that differes between them?

Sent from outer space

the look and also the types of addons. There are so many addons out there but if you stick to Exodus, UK Turk, 123 movies, M4U, DC Sports, Halow Sports, Zem sports, Music box. You cant go wrong really. However you might have interests in things i dont and find other addons useful

Lite has less on there and i think its a nicer layout personally.

ooo thats interesting, ill look into that. cheers
Apparently there's a better version at:
https://github.com/simphax/pvr.iptvsimple/tree/recording

Make sure you use the recording tree. If you manage to compile for Windows, please let me have a copy - I don't have VS on my new laptop and I don't intend to get into DLL hell by installing an old version.

Edit: If you're able to offer a Kodi box that does PVR recording without a backend you're going to make a fortune!

ALL sports channels are open to use without paying more. sky, bt, bien, all sports etc There are loads of channels that show 3pm games, it just about finding a good cat video on youtube for it. When there is a game on, it usually displays the fixture 3 or 4 times on the selection list. If one cat video on youtube is no good you can try others.

BUT...if I understand correctly - if you want a guaranteed stream for all 380 PL games you should get a subscription from this guy: @MBOX_HD_IPTV ?? You sell the boxes - this guy on twitter sells the high quality subscription on top?

Sort of right, you will be able to pick up all games on the free streams.

MBOX is just no nonsense click on the game and its starts without having any buffer or picture issues. Last season i watched majority of games on a free stream and it was fine. Sometimes you have to try a couple to see which one is best

Sort of right, you will be able to pick up all games on the free streams.

MBOX is just no nonsense click on the game and its starts without having any buffer or picture issues. Last season i watched majority of games on a free cat video on youtube and it was fine. Sometimes you have to try a couple to see which one is best

Thanks - my mate had kodi last year on his fire stick. Sometimes great quality, sometimes he couldn't find a stream. I think MBOX is what I'm after - I just want to click and watch - as I used to with PLP until it sadly lost the PL rights :(

Thanks - my mate had kodi last year on his fire stick. Sometimes great quality, sometimes he couldn't find a cat video on youtube. I think MBOX is what I'm after - I just want to click and watch - as I used to with PLP until it sadly lost the PL rights :(
Same for me. I don't want to spend half the afternoon looking for a stream that might work. I want it to work like regular TV, and in HD. If not, I'm not gonna bother.

Back