• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Team Baldini vs Team Timmeh - power struggle

Anyone remember an article written some weeks back around the time AVB was sacked which basically hinted that Spurs needed to watch Sherwood and potential stories being leaked to the media?

It kept saying that for a Corporate body worth multi-millions such media links and leaks that went against 'the party-line' would be very dangerous

According to the Guardian podcast Baldini made a habit of offering his resignation after a manager's departure in Italy to the point where it became a bit of a running joke.

There were several reports that Baldini and AVB had fallen out prior to AVB's departure and that Baldini was instrumental in advising Levy that it was time for him to go.

I think the core of the problem is that Levy hasn't backed Baldini properly.

The transfer committee (including Timmeh) was still operating in the summer in parallel to Baldini-AVB (Chadli and Eriksen as 'good deals' in place of the proper left sided player AVB wanted the most obviously example). And similiarly Levy appointing the cheap option coach over Baldini's recommendations (Spalletti, Yakin etc).

Levy needs to step back and get on with the stadium, and properly delegate footballing matters to Baldini.

There's a lot of speculation there with nothing to back it up. My understanding is that Baldini was part of the committee along with Levy, Sherwood and AVB. I'd be interested in reading or listening to anything that backs up your theory of two transfer committee's working in isolation. Also how do you know which coaches Baldini recommended?

Sack them all! I'll take over the club, employ Peter Risdale as Finance Director and bring back Arry. It'll be a fun ride whilst it lasts.

According to the Guardian podcast Baldini made a habit of offering his resignation after a manager's departure in Italy to the point where it became a bit of a running joke.

There were several reports that Baldini and AVB had fallen out prior to AVB's departure and that Baldini was instrumental in advising Levy that it was time for him to go.

Just to support this here is the Guardian podcast in question. Baldini offering his resignation is from 7:35

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ootball-weekly-podcast-liverpool-malky-mackay

Baldini AVB falling out here

https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptains-it-com/second-captains-football-17-12

The Mirror have sexiesr things to write about than this tbh. Why would they make it up?

They don't have to have made it up for it to be wrong. It could be that they didn't have the time, resources or inclination to check out the story properly and ran it anyway.

This has some element of truth to it I'm sure - all the stories coming out before AVB went e.g. the club were considering Hoddle also had no quotes, but have been proven since to have some truth to them.

And I think this shows our club to be an absolute joke if true. Are we really going to get to the point where Levy loses 3 technical directors in 9 years - effectively the position that is most crucial to our long term planning? That is amazing. Arnesen he couldn't have really helped, but Commoli was his appointment and he either could have backed him more (Commoli thinks he should have got a second chance to pick 'his' manager after Ramos) or sack him, but the sacking goes down as a failure. But fair enough, we give Levy a second chance to get the right DoF. He hires Baldini. A smooth operator with connections all over Europe. He can charm his way through any negotiation. The Head Coach actually wanted him here. Oh hang on a minute, we've sacked that Head Coach and appointed a guy who reportedly wanted the DoF's job, and who is now involved in a power struggle with that man. The whole point of the continental structure is that the DoF runs the football side and picks the coach. If this is true, it's embarassing for Levy, it really is.

(If true...) The guy claims he wants the continental structure but gets far too involved as a traditional old school chairman would be for it to work properly. And because of that, he never gets the benefits that the long term structure and system should bring. He's never really trusted his DoF and Head Coach to work in tandem, and was actually most effective when paired with Harry, because they balanced each other out. Harry would tell him what we needed in the squad in simple terms, rather than Commoli going mental signing players with potential regardless of need. And in return, Levy would temper Harry's enthusiasm to break the bank and sign unsustainable players. The result was we had our most consistent league finishes for 20 years.

He then appoints AVB - if he was going to go through the trouble of sacking AVB he certainly should have backed him. And if AVB was actually the worst manager ever, impossible to work with and his position was untenable, he should certainly back the DoF to appoint his choice. Otherwise there is literally no point in what we are doing. Make Sherwood full time manager and be done with it if this is how we are going to act. Don't pretend we want a continental structure and then not behave in a way that allows it to work. It's a ****ing joke.

not surprised if true - the unbalanced squad despite having a lot of money to spend last season points to differences between coach and DOF.

surprsied if baldini didn't appoint the first team coach though i.e. tim sherwood should have had baldini's vote for the job right ?

Maybe its something he brings from the world of business. Rival departments in internal competition with each other etc.

Yeah, it's that sort of dynamic tension that made Mr. Byrite such a giant of the high street.

When he writes his book on how to succeed in business I'll be the first to buy it. (Just in case there's ever a toilet roll shortage. You never know).

Seeing it all from block 29.

Message to Levy, if you have an idea please back your guy and stick to it rather than flip flopping like an idiot. I can't argue with the progress we've made over the past decade but for crying out loud get your house in order.

No wonder he refused to talk to THST when they asked. I'd love to think there was a plan here but it honestly feels like we have brought in a bunch of mavericks all wanting to stamp their own authority on the club.

I'll know it's gone terribly wrong when we bring in Fletcher or Long and Baldini leaves. It will mean Levys master plan lasted just 6 months, he trusted two guys to spend over £100m then let them leave.

The situation is far from bleak, we're still in an incredibly promising position but these last few months have threatened to derail our climb and is looking like possibly plunging us back to the dreary days of the noughties.

No need to provide the evidence.

That is completely believable.

I don't think there will be a single problem between Tim and Baldini. Tim has repeated himself often in IVs. He does not want any more prospects.

He wants players who are better than anyone in our 1st XI.

No need to provide the evidence.

That is completely believable.

I don't think there will be a single problem between Tim and Baldini. Tim has repeated himself often in IVs. He does not want any more prospects.

He wants players who are better than anyone in our 1st XI.

So I take it you think this story in the media as posted by the OP is complete BS? If so, where do you think it came from?

Back