• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Team Baldini vs Team Timmeh - power struggle

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood in power struggle with Franco Baldini over appointment of chief scout

Sherwood has an icy relationship with the Italian, who is in charge of player recruitment at White Hart Lane

Tim Sherwood wants to appoint his own chief scout in the latest episode of his power struggle with Franco Baldini, writes Dave Kidd of the Sunday People.

Tottenham boss Sherwood has an icy relationship with the club's Italian technical director Baldini, who currently heads player recruitment.

And Sherwood now wants to appoint his own man as chief scout, in direct competition to the Italian.

It is believed that Baldini – former England No.2 to Fabio Capello – is unlikely to remain beyond the end of the season, as long as Spurs continue to perform well enough to keep Sherwood in his job.

Baldini joined the White Hart Lane club last summer from Italian club Roma.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-boss-tim-sherwood-power-2989784

Interesting to see how this one plays out.

Rumour was that Baldini was pushing for Spalletti to take over as coach last month. And the story in the summer was that Timmeh was ****ed off that Baldini was appointed DoF over his head.

timmy.jpg

The thing is, to make the DoF-coach thing work, the DoF really needs to appoint the coach (or even the other way round like AVB did pushing Levy to get Baldini in).

Levy seems to almost foster these factions - power hungry underlings who'll fight each other for his favour, all this transfer committee vs DoF vs coach nonsense.

They say conflict creates creativity, but for us it just magnifies the shambles we are.

The thing is, to make the DoF-coach thing work, the DoF really needs to appoint the coach (or even the other way round like AVB did pushing Levy to get Baldini in).

Levy seems to almost foster these factions - power hungry underlings who'll fight each other for his favour, all this transfer committee vs DoF vs coach nonsense.

They say conflict creates creativity, but for us it just magnifies the shambles we are.

I'm hoping this is crap because of the source but if it's true then I give up on Levy. If there is any truth in this, for me, this proves he doesn't know what he's doing.

I'm hoping this is crap because of the source but if it's true then I give up on Levy. If there is any truth in this, for me, this proves he doesn't know what he's doing.

Maybe its something he brings from the world of business. Rival departments in internal competition with each other etc.

Maybe its something he brings from the world of business. Rival departments in internal competition with each other etc.

Don't buy that. In business, you might have your sales guys in competition with each other or the marketing guys. But that's to get them increasing sales. This isn't comparable if true.

The structure for us is that the DoF plays a massive role in bringing in players and provides continuity in a world where coaches come and go regularly. Having him in competition with the coach makes absolutely no sense if the ultimate goal is to win football matches.

To change our structure back to a DoF model, sack a coach and bring in a new coach who can't work with the DoF is terrible business. If Baldini goes, are we back to a traditional structure or do we bring in a new DoF? If we maintain the structure, does Tim bring in the DoF? Baldini going after a year is my favourite buttplug in itself. Where's the consistent recruitment strategy if the main main goes.

Competition between the players is great because they should want each other's position. Competition between guys who have to be working in tandem with each other to make the structure work is counter-productive. It's impossible to believe that a man like Levy would have taken the decision to fire AVB (a decision I agreed with) and made an appointment which would undermine the structure he seems so keen on.

I could forgive this with Santini/Arnesen because Levy seemed to have a vision and I put that down to teething problems. This is unacceptable (if true) and brings the old Keith Burkinshaw quote to mind.

Don't buy that. In business, you might have your sales guys in competition with each other or the marketing guys. But that's to get them increasing sales. This isn't comparable if true.

The structure for us is that the DoF plays a massive role in bringing in players and provides continuity in a world where coaches come and go regularly. Having him in competition with the coach makes absolutely no sense if the ultimate goal is to win football matches.

To change our structure back to a DoF model, sack a coach and bring in a new coach who can't work with the DoF is terrible business. If Baldini goes, are we back to a traditional structure or do we bring in a new DoF? If we maintain the structure, does Tim bring in the DoF? Baldini going after a year is my favourite buttplug in itself. Where's the consistent recruitment strategy if the main main goes.

Competition between the players is great because they should want each other's position. Competition between guys who have to be working in tandem with each other to make the structure work is counter-productive. It's impossible to believe that a man like Levy would have taken the decision to fire AVB (a decision I agreed with) and made an appointment which would undermine the structure he seems so keen on.

I could forgive this with Santini/Arnesen because Levy seemed to have a vision and I put that down to teething problems. This is unacceptable (if true) and brings the old Keith Burkinshaw quote to mind.

I think the core of the problem is that Levy hasn't backed Baldini properly.

The transfer committee (including Timmeh) was still operating in the summer in parallel to Baldini-AVB (Chadli and Eriksen as 'good deals' in place of the proper left sided player AVB wanted the most obviously example). And similiarly Levy appointing the cheap option coach over Baldini's recommendations (Spalletti, Yakin etc).

Levy needs to step back and get on with the stadium, and properly delegate footballing matters to Baldini.

I think the core of the problem is that Levy hasn't backed Baldini properly.

The transfer committee (including Timmeh) was still operating in the summer in parallel to Baldini-AVB (Chadli and Eriksen as 'good deals' in place of the proper left sided player AVB wanted the most obviously example). And similiarly Levy appointing the cheap option coach over Baldini's recommendations (Spalletti, Yakin etc).

Levy needs to step back and get on with the stadium, and properly delegate footballing matters to Baldini.

Yeah I agree. It still beggars belief though that Levy would appoint a man who couldn't work with the club's DoF.

We'll should be a laughing stock if this is true. That said, weren't Levy and Baldini sitting next to each other yesterday and looked fairly pally. If I was Baldini, I wouldn't be doing that with a man that was undermining me.

Yeah I agree. It still beggars belief though that Levy would appoint a man who couldn't work with the club's DoF.

We'll should be a laughing stock if this is true. That said, weren't Levy and Baldini sitting next to each other yesterday and looked fairly pally. If I was Baldini, I wouldn't be doing that with a man that was undermining me.

Perhaps Baldini knows that Levy is just humouring TS?

The more I think about it I think this is an article put out to shake things up for Baldini, perhaps TS using his links with the media to try and get a head start in the PR war.
Prob just BS and a wet dream for those who back TS and think Baldini is just some foreigner bloke who's getting paid to do 'naff all'

Let's see if there are any more such stories that come out - and the timing (this one being neatly after a loss to the Goons, nice deflection...)

Mourinho has Ambromovich, it's slightly different but technically the same.

And Wenger has not won a trophy since his DOF left in 2007: David Dein. That man bled Arsenal, and I don't mean in the TS 'cut me in two and I bleed Spurs' way

Back