• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Maybe your right
I don’t think we did anything wrong working on the assumption that we can had cover and looking at the mediocrity available in January the club stuck with the plan
Then you and I definitely think differently. As of January the 2nd we had no cover at all. We had a single (out of position) player playing up top because our single number 9 was out for the season. Bearing in mind at that point we were still in three competitions with, perhaps another, what?.... 30 games to play? I don't think it is anything like sensible to expect to be able to play all of those 30 odd games using that same player. Remember also that if we were to make 4th we had very little room to slip up and if we want to win a trophy we also need to play our strongest team, so the only player who is adequate up front would've had to have played every game for the rest of the season.

As I said before Villa lost one of their two centre forwards to injury so went out and signed another two! Man Utd lost theirs so went and got one.

We are obviously fine missing out on CL football and winning nothing.

So you would prefer players who are poor and take up space rather than one who would useful and add value to the squad?
I would've preferred us to have brought in a player that can actually play as a number 9 as cover for the inevitable occasions when our single player was injured or suspended. There is nothing that mandates a player we sign needs to be "poor". There is also nothing to force us continuing to have to have that player in our squad next season (well nothing other than Levy not wanting to make a bit of a loss).

I don't understand the point you are making.

Good players can struggle to adapt to the Premier League. Ndombele might be one of these, time will tell.

I was commending you on your example of as you say an excellent player starting off let's say less than well.
Ndom is the antithesis of Sissoko, kind of good control but can't stay on his feet and even walk at times (exaggerated for effect;))

The way I see it Levy is saying he isn't bothered about trying to win a trophy or even finish in the top four this season. I expect us to go out of the CL this round with a whimper and only a lucky draw will save us in the FA Cup if we manage to get past Norwich.

Then if you really think that i would humbly suggest that you are wrong.

I would've preferred us to have bought in a player that can actually play as a number 9 as cover for the inevitable occasions when our single player was injured or suspended. There is nothing that mandates a player we sign needs to be "poor". There is also nothing to force us continuing to have to have that player in our squad next season (well nothing other than Levy not wanting to make a bit of a loss).
We have made the mistake before of signing stop gaps and I don’t Think we will do it again
We have also made expensive mistakes when targeting certain types of players
Maybe, just maybe Mou said let me have more time with the players we have and see what their like before we sign anyone

We are absolutely terrible at picking players, dreadful.
We buy players like a struggling clubs does.
It will be interesting to see what Mourinho does in our system!

Last edited:
We have made the mistake before of signing stop gaps and I don’t Think we will do it again
We have also made expensive mistakes when targeting certain types of players
Maybe, just maybe Mou said let me have more time with the players we have and see what their like before we sign anyone
If that is the case then fair enough, but the expectation then must be that we will go out of the CL, not win the FA Cup and fail to quality for next season's CL.

I always wondered why no one else was in for him in the summer.
But having since read about his unprofessional background and his emergence in the third tier of french football I'm now no surprised.
Remember what Poch said about if he had Dembele earlier and his comments to Jenas about how much better he would have made him.

NDombele is another of Poch's project players. He reckoned he could refine this really raw player.
I don't think Mourinho has ever done that with anyone.

I would've preferred us to have bought in a player that can actually play as a number 9 as cover for the inevitable occasions when our single player was injured or suspended. There is nothing that mandates a player we sign needs to be "poor". There is also nothing to force us continuing to have to have that player in our squad next season (well nothing other than Levy not wanting to make a bit of a loss).
Ignoring clubs on cheat mode, how many clubs in the world have a player good enough to start for Spurs waiting on the bench behind a player as good as Kane?

I do realise, yes. I realise that his game has disintegrated to such an extent that rather than pointing to goals, assists and quality performances, we now use km covered as the yardstick by which to judge our main creative outlet.

I see. Another context-less blast of opinion. "His" game. He is told by the manager where to play, right?

Dele this season in the PL.

18 starts (2 sub).
7 goals
3 assists

Before Kane's injury

12 starts (1 sub)
6 goals
3 assists

I'll use those fig leafs well before I get to 'running around'.

As I've pointed out many many times. He has a goal and assists record that compares with many of the best AM's even though he has spent a lot of time not as AM. Your Maddison's, Grealish's and historically Lampard's (without the pens) have never returned the numbers Dele has.

He's a special talent who we need to persevere with through tricky times.

Thank you for articulating this so well.

Ignoring clubs on cheat mode, how many clubs in the world have a player good enough to start for Spurs waiting on the bench behind a player as good as Kane?
They don’t have to be waiting on the bench. You can actually sign somebody else’s first choice if you’ll pay the money. If I look around the world right now, most clubs have a better number 9 than Moura and Bergwjin. It’s all the more galling when the manager’s deep, defensive, long ball game relies on one.

They don’t have to be waiting on the bench. You can actually sign somebody else’s first choice if you’ll pay the money. If I look around the world right now, most clubs have a better number 9 than Moura and Bergwjin. It’s all the more galling when the manager’s deep, defensive, long ball game relies on one.
And how many of them are both motivated enough to be what we need and willing to get no playing time at all when Kane is fit?

And how many of them are both motivated enough to be what we need and willing to get no playing time at all when Kane is fit?
Some seem to think we’re the only club in the World who happen to have a very good first choice player.

Further to the above when you have only one number 9 in the whole squad and are a club who expect to be competing for all of the trophies, there should be ample opportunity for a second striker to still play many games even if behind Kane in the pecking order.

Last edited:
Back