• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Ottamendi, Stones, Laporte and Fernandinho a better back up centre half than most teams have as a first choice centre half. How does that match our zero number 9 problem?
2 of them are awful are one isn’t even a centre back
Sounds kinda familiar doesn’t it
Of course your entitled to the opinion but to me stones or ottamendi wouldn’t get in our side

2 of them are awful are one isn’t even a centre back
Sounds kinda familiar doesn’t it
Of course your entitled to the opinion but to me stones or ottamendi wouldn’t get in our side
No it doesn’t sound familiar. City have 4 bona-fide options to play center half in the second half of this season, 3 of which are actually centre halves by trade. We have zero number 9s for the whole second half of the season.

The other thing to add is City can have circa £80m worth of duds and don't even blink.

We can't carry mistakes like that.
What was wrong with us doing a deal for (say) Rondon, like Man Utd did for Ighalo? Might’ve cost us £8 million for the 5 months but how much worse off will we be next season with no CL? I bet that £8 million would be covered just by advancing against Leipzig

Some seem to think we’re the only club in the World who happen to have a very good first choice player.

Further to the above when you have only one number 9 in the whole squad and are a club who expect to be competing for all of the trophies, there should be ample opportunity for a second striker to still play many games even if behind Kane in the pecking order.
Kane always, always starts when fit. That's not because we don't have another 9, it's because he's that good.

I'm fairly sure we're one of very few teams with a player that good, in a position where we only play one player, who don't have oil money to tinkle away on wages.

Kane always, always starts when fit. That's not because we don't have another 9, it's because he's that good.

I'm fairly sure we're one of very few teams with a player that good, in a position where we only play one player, who don't have oil money to tinkle away on wages.
Then we had better be prepared for him to suffer injuries like this one every season. Don’t have the money for second striker option? Good to know what the most expensive STs in the country get us!.... I think even Watford have 4 strikers.

What was wrong with us doing a deal for (say) Rondon, like Man Utd did for Ighalo? Might’ve cost us £8 million for the 5 months but how much worse off will we be next season with no CL? I bet that £8 million would be covered just by advancing against Leipzig
The one who used to play for Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

9, 8, 7 & 11 goals per season in his last 4 PL seasons is a very good reason.

EDIT:
And he's also apparently on £60K a week. For Salomon fudging Rondon :ross:

Last edited:
Then we had better be prepared for him to suffer injuries like this one every season. Don’t have the money for second striker option? Good to know what the most expensive STs in the country get us!.... I think even Watford have 4 strikers.
You're counting Welbeck aren't you, admit it. :D

He was an option I’m surprised we didn’t go for TBH
The guy would do a job possibly...
But I can’t agree with you on city’s CB options... they have own CB of any quality. Him being out has given them such a drop in quality they have given Liverpool the league. That’s the level their other CBS are at.... stones and Ottamendi are so bad he has opted to play an ageing DM there instead

The one who used to play for Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

9, 8, 7 & 11 goals per season in his last 4 PL seasons is a very good reason.

EDIT:
And he's also apparently on £60K a week. For Salomon fudging Rondon :ross:

And if you can't shift him in the summer, he costs you a lot more than £8m and could block us signing a player who could fill the position long term.

And if you can't shift him in the summer, he costs you a lot more than £8m and could block us signing a player who could fill the position long term.

He said a deal like Ighalo (ie a loan deal until the end of the season).

I find some Spurs fans' insistence on denying we may have mismanaged our striker squad management baffling. Espcially if we're talking about a club that wants to win trophies.

If we're happy finishing 5/6th and win nothing , then we've not done anything wrong.

He was an option I’m surprised we didn’t go for TBH
The guy would do a job possibly...
But I can’t agree with you on city’s CB options... they have own CB of any quality. Him being out has given them such a drop in quality they have given Liverpool the league. That’s the level their other CBS are at.... stones and Ottamendi are so bad he has opted to play an ageing DM there instead
Whether City have quality or not at centre half is subjective. You cannot argue that they do not have any center halves however. I could make the same argument for us at defensive midfield.... 3 options, all crap, but at least they are options. Is there another team in the PL without a single number 9 to play the second half of the season?

Whether City have quality or not at centre half is subjective. You cannot argue that they do not have any center halves however. I could make the same argument for us at defensive midfield.... 3 options, all crap, but at least they are options. Is there another team in the PL without a single number 9 to play the second half of the season?
There's about 15 clubs without a single number 9 good enough to start for us for the rest of the season.

There's about 15 clubs without a single number 9 good enough to start for us for the rest of the season.
15 clubs who don’t have a better number 9 option for Mourinho’s defensive, long ball game than Moira or Bergwjin? I’m not sure there are 3, let alone 15.

Last edited:
[

15 clubs who don’t have a better number 9 option for Mourinho’s defensive, long ball game than Moira or Bergwjin? I’m not sure there are 3, let alone 15.
In which case I can see why you're frustrated.

If I thought any of the ten a penny, journeymen, half-arsed forwards dripping around the bottom of the league were good enough for our club then I'd be fairly tinkled off that we hadn't employed any of them.

But I don't. I don't think any of them are good enough and am perfectly able to cope with deferred gratification.

In which case I can see why you're frustrated.

If I thought any of the ten a penny, journeymen, half-arsed forwards dripping around the bottom of the league were good enough for our club then I'd be fairly tinkled off that we hadn't employed any of them.

But I don't. I don't think any of them are good enough and am perfectly able to cope with deferred gratification.
I hope your patience is rewarded, I truly do.

I fear we slip out of the CL placings this season, thus severely reducing our transfer budget this summer, meaning that we cannot improve our squad as we need to and slip further from the top instead of solidifying our place amongst the elite clubs.

I will gain no pleasure if we fall back amongst the also rans. I go to each game wanting Jose to prove me wrong. Hopefully he will change his tactics so that we’re playing not deep and using long balls with no physical presence up front to make it work.

Last edited:
The fact that more clubs can pay high wages also means strikers are less happy to sit on the bench these days.

In the past we’ve had the likes of Mido, Kanoute and even Keane and Defoe spend considerable time on the bench.

Nowadays players of that quality prefer to be first choice on a big salary at a lesser club than sit on the bench week after week. It’s difficult to buy a backup.

I hope your patience is rewarded, I truly do.

I fear we slip out of the CL placings this season, thus severely reducing our transfer budget this summer, meaning that we cannot improve our squad as we need to and slip further from the top instead of solidifying our place amongst the elite clubs.
If we don't qualify for the CL this season you've only got one man to blame, and he'll probably be fudging things up for Madrid by that point.

Back