• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

You are such a negative drama queen! You don't simply totally dismiss a player after 2/3 of a season, especially a player coming in from a foreign league.

To much sense in that for some, its crazy that some fans in todays game expect players to have a immediate effect and when they do not are crap.

To much sense in that for some, its crazy that some fans in todays game expect players to have a immediate effect and when they do not are crap.

after 9 months or so I’d settle for giving a flying tinkers and as for ‘an immediate effect’, please!
Skipp was far more involved and at it!

after 9 months or so I’d settle for giving a flying tinkers and as for ‘an immediate effect’, please!
Skipp was far more involved and at it!

I would be to scared that if he was bad again next season we would not be able to sell him. So as a hedge despite the fact he could come good, I would sell.

I would be to scared that if he was bad again next season we would not be able to sell him. So as a hedge despite the fact he could come good, I would sell.

At a loss?

Given some backing and good coaching he’ll come good. Maybe not the 60m+ player people expect but he’s a young guy playing in a new country without regular games. Mourinho has to get him up to speed and confident.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

At a loss?

Given some backing and good coaching he’ll come good. Maybe not the 60m+ player people expect but he’s a young guy playing in a new country without regular games. Mourinho has to get him up to speed and confident.

You get him playing to 75% of his potential and we’re talking a £60m player IMO
When I see Maddison being quoted at more than that then this guy has the scope and range

You get him playing to 75% of his potential and we’re talking a £60m player IMO
When I see Maddison being quoted at more than that then this guy has the scope and range

How many times have we seen fans write off players? Aurier 4 months ago...now one of our more established players (and only real width in many games). Sissoko written off by everyone....just about kept our midfield working for the previous 2 seasons.

People lamenting 4 years ago, but Walker was one shaky defender for the first few seasons he played, plenty of fans on here didn’t like him. He came good.

With an unsettled side, the manager has to give players (especially new ones) confidence and develop an effective team structure/shape for them to play well within. We haven’t been able to do that with injuries and rotation.

The sooner Ndombele settles the closer we’ll be to cementing a midfield unit. We desperately need one.

Last edited:
How many times have we seen fans write off players? Aurier 4 months ago...now one of our more established players (and only real width in many games). Sissoko written off by everyone....just about kept our midfield working for the previous 2 seasons.

People lamenting 4 years ago, but Walker was one shaky defender for host few seasons, plenty of fans on here didn’t like him. He came good.

With an unsettled side, the manager has to give player confidence and rebuild an effective structure/shape. We haven’t been able to do that with injuries and rotation.

The sooner Ndombele settles the closer we’ll be to cementing a midfield unit. We desperately need one.

It’s natural in the modern game
Right now Fernandes is the messiah along with Gilmour at Chelsea
Don’t get me wrong both have been great since making their debuts but I do think in both instances the excitement around them is about 20% more than merited
One of course is an experienced international in his second time playing in a foreign league with a settled team in good form. And the other is kid that came in IMO with no pressure and is revelling in it

look at Parrott the other night... he felt the weight of fans expectation on his shoulders in a manner so far in contrast go Tanganga

and it’s the same with Tanguy as he cost mega mega money and he hasn’t hit the ground running

A good manger is a psychologist and has to see how different players react. In Ndombele’s case I think he does feel the pressure of expectation. What should you do? Make sure he’s on top of the core things - positioning, his role in the side - then take off as much pressure as poss and play him in 5-10 consecutive games. Lazy or complacent can be a way of covering up insecurity.

Talent is there.
Is the ability to get it cranking week in week out? This is the responsibility of the club/manager.
Let's face it, if he can be managed properly, the bloke is going to be tremendous.
Imagine how Jose would have coated off sissoko in his early years!

A good manger is a psychologist and has to see how different players react. In Ndombele’s case I think he does feel the pressure of expectation. What should you do? Make sure he’s on top of the core things - positioning, his role in the side - then take off as much pressure as poss and play him in 5-10 consecutive games. Lazy or complacent can be a way of covering up insecurity.

When you watch training videos you can see some players really putting in the intensity, and others going through the motions e.g. raising their leg half as high as all the others, chatting to their mate, jogging at the back rather than sprinting to the front. 'Nonchalant' is just a polite way of saying lazy.

MouMou sees them every day, sees how much they want it in training, perhaps he has decided enough is enough and he needs to either buck up Ndombele's ideas, or force Ndombele into asking his agent to find a way out. MouMou doesn't want "this" Ndombele sitting on his bench for 3 years.

Talent is there.
Is the ability to get it cranking week in week out? This is the responsibility of the club/manager.
Let's face it, if he can be managed properly, the bloke is going to be tremendous.
The manager can only do so much. Mourinho is surely doing the best he can.

It's up to Ndombele to prove himself, improve himself.

I'm happy enough witholding judgement until he's had at least another preseason. I wouldn't be shocked if Mourinho isn't.

It’s natural in the modern game
Right now Fernandes is the messiah along with Gilmour at Chelsea
Don’t get me wrong both have been great since making their debuts but I do think in both instances the excitement around them is about 20% more than merited
One of course is an experienced international in his second time playing in a foreign league with a settled team in good form. And the other is kid that came in IMO with no pressure and is revelling in it

look at Parrott the other night... he felt the weight of fans expectation on his shoulders in a manner so far in contrast go Tanganga

and it’s the same with Tanguy as he cost mega mega money and he hasn’t hit the ground running

I think most would be OK if he showed anything close to putting in effort, he isnt and he is strolling round the pitch.

No one knows what he is like in training and if he is doing it there as well Jose was well within his rights to slate him

Being new to the league isn't an excuse not to work hard.

Back