• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Superspur vs Leicester OMT: The Sequel ***

That depends on what the manager wants. He may not want a short term fix, he has certainly suggested as much in the past and him turning down Austin in the summer seems to back this up.

Personally I think that would be madness because if we don't get too 4 now the pressure on Poch is huge and all it woods take would be a poor start next season and the fans will turn. Don't forget our team will be more knackered next season as there all at the euros

I think if we go out of the F.A. cup and Europa which I am expecting in both, then in the long run it will help our league position because the way in which we play we can only do once a week to a good standard.

I also do not think we will buy unless we sell or qualify for champs league. So by trying to get 4th is the best thing in improving the squad. I think going out the cups is the best thing in an odd way.

Personally I think that would be madness because if we don't get too 4 now the pressure on Poch is huge and all it woods take would be a poor start next season and the fans will turn. Don't forget our team will be more knackered next season as there all at the euros

Said to my mate tonight alli and kane will be shocking this summer because they will be so tired, it will be 2 summers without a rest for Kane, are we going off to Aus again for a friendly this summer?

Can't fault the performance. I thought we played really well at times. Lady luck has certainly not been on our side in these games vs Leicester!
Oh, and Lee Mason is a taco!

It's really not luck mate. It was a professional defensive job that worked well against us for the most part

I think if we go out of the F.A. cup and Europa which I am expecting in both, then in the long run it will help our league position because the way in which we play we can only do once a week to a good standard.

I also do not think we will buy unless we sell or qualify for champs league. So by trying to get 4th is the best thing in improving the squad. I think going out the cups is the best thing in an odd way.

But the arguably we have sacrificed other results in order to succeed in those competitions.

We have draw a hell of a lot after Europa, games we should have won for example

Now that was disappointing. Thought we deserved a draw tonight. Kane so unlucky, then we gift them the corner goal from poor marking.

Credit to Leicester though, they fight like crazy, every single one of them. Boring, defensive tactics, but they do it very well and probably should've scored before they did.

At least we can now stop fantasizing about the title.

maybe we would do better if we played Raneiri anti football and just tried to put ten men behind the ball. That'd be funny to watch, neither us or Leicester wanting to get beyond the half way line. In all seriousness, if that is what you have to do to win games, they can have their glory. I would not shell out cash to watch that crap. Hardly much of an advertisement for English football is it?
I'd like to review this statement at the end of the season. Also, they aren't loaded with star players, I admire them to keep getting results - it's their, and our, mindset that is impressing me as much as anything else.

It's really not luck mate. It was a professional defensive job that worked well against us for the most part
I thought they looked quite poor defensively but we didn't capitalise on it. Schmeichel couldn't catch a cold and we should have carried on with the shots from distance

Although we may have suffered from being in the Europa Cup, and may not have a great chance of winning it, I still think that it is good for us to compete in the Europa Cup. After all we want to be in the CL, so we may as well get used to the challenges of competing in Europe at the same time as in the Premier.

I think that all people need to be considerate of other posters. That means that those that vent should try not to be like a broken record and those of us of a happier disposition should give you a little space to vent your frustrations.
I hear you but there are broken records with happy songs on them too..it goes both ways....right this is getting a bit weird.

Last edited:
The FA Cup replay is already shaping up to be a very important game now. The club, Poch and Levy went the whole hog in happily talking about that merry sing-along night they all had with Ossie and company, reminiscing about the magic of the Cup and the ways we won it while Ossie was around. If they go out in the third bloody round to bloody Leicester City, having had two games to learn their tactics (having luckily drawn and narrowly lost them respectively, not the best record), it will not speak well of Poch or of the team. You think the FA Cup's important? Prove it, beat Leicester, avenge the past few days.

We can't dodge out of the FA Cup now, even if we wanted to.

Things to remind ourselves ...
  • we are such a young team, youngest average in the league ? We can only get better
  • we have lost, marginally, to a team that has been at, or near, the top all season so far
  • we have only lost 3 games in the EPL so far. 1 more than Leicester
  • we have the second best goal difference, 1 less than Emirates Marketing Project

An important point - we have Sunderland next ! Let's smaaaassshhh them and shut Roy Keane up !

Is Kane a centre forward then?

He spends most of his time deeper and is hardly ever the player furthest forward. He does not do much in terms of hold up play either, we like to play out from the back.
Kane is clearly being asked to do this. A number 9 will come short of being asked to or if he's a '9 and a half'. He played 10 A LOT as a youth and he will always get involved. Generally his hold up play is good and he would do well with a forward thinking striker withhim. He got isolated tonight

The FA Cup replay is already shaping up to be a very important game now. The club, Poch and Levy went the whole hog in happily talking about that merry sing-along night they all had with Ossie and company, reminiscing about the magic of the Cup and the ways we won it while Ossie was around. If they go out in the third bloody round to bloody Leicester City, having had two games to learn their tactics (having luckily drawn and narrowly lost them respectively, not the best record), it will not speak well of Poch or of the team. You think the FA Cup's important? Prove it, beat Leicester, avenge the past few days.

We can't dodge out of the FA Cup now, even if we wanted to.

Yeah, i did cringe and think it was the best opposition motivator when the story of the sing-along came out. I mean WHO actually told/leaked that???

It's the sort of brick you'd expect from Gooners...:mad:

It's a must-win regardless of that though; we owe Leicester a win; preferably a pasting

But the arguably we have sacrificed other results in order to succeed in those competitions.

We have draw a hell of a lot after Europa, games we should have won for example

I know and I would not have played any of the good players in the group stages of the cup and just hoped we got through.

I think this is why Leicester are doing well this season, they are just focusing on the league.

Also the is a financial angle as to whether we should take the europa league seriously, the is so little prize money on offer in the early rounds that unless you win it and get automatic entry into the champs league, then I think the odds would be more in your favour to go all out for the league and get in that way.

With Levy being a financial man I am surprised it has not been mentioned to the managers over the last 7 years that europa league should be treated like the league cup. It is sad but it is the modern game, it is not all about glory, it is about keeping your best players and adding to them and to do that you need to be in the champs league. We have to sacrifice everything else to get there. Then we grow as a club.

I thought they looked quite poor defensively but we didn't capitalise on it. Schmeichel couldn't catch a cold and we should have carried on with the shots from distance

We didn't test the keeper enough, crossed from deep and didn't move it quick. They wre not invinciBle and we completely fudged up

Back