• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Superspur vs Leicester OMT: The Sequel ***

I wish we could be Leicester, for once. A recently promoted team can sit top of the league, never giving up, fighting from minute one to minute ninety and winning in all sorts of places they shouldn't be: is it impossible for Spurs to do that, or are we just doomed to be the team that flatters to deceive, every single time?

Sigh. We actually were, for a while. But then we do stuff like this.

I know your pi$$ed mate and I don't blame you but we are a team who don't give up. It could have gone either way. You have to think some day Leicester's fortune will turn. Right now Morgan and Huth are monsters that block everything heroically, but soon they may start deflecting in. But honestly, good for them. It could have gone any way today, we could have just as easily won that as lost that. It doesn't comfort me, but I'm not going to lament those lads out there. Still proud of this young group of lads representing Tottenham.

It was coming (see post during the interval). Spurs have 20+ shots 16 corners Hit the bar. Cant score. Oppostion get late winner. It's what we do. And now we get Sunderland coming off the back of a erection inducing win.
Wont be the slightest bit surprised if we fail to win Saturday either. Not saying we are going to lose, just it would not surprise me. You just cannot get your hopes up with Tottenham it's pointless...literally tonight

fudge Townend off and use the money to get one in. It can't be that hard surely?

Apparantly it is. We have had since Aug 31st to be scouting the 'right fit' for Pochettino, but 4 months later we sit here with same problem we had a few seasons ago.

Anyone got Eidur Gudjohnsen's mobile number?

Leicester are not so bad either. Mahrez is an exciting player I'd have at Spurs. Vardy isn't so bad. Their team spirit is excellent, they are resilient, and they can play at pace. They might not win the Premier but I think they deserve more respect than some people are giving them - and I'm sure our players would agree after Sunday and tonight.

It's all very well having and young and exciting team but what we lack is an experienced older player and captain to grab our team by the balls and get them going when we are not playing well.
It just disappoints me that when other results go our way we don't make the most of it.
Just when for the first time in years I think we could actually win the league you then get a result like tonight , we could be 6th by Saturday.
Still a long way to go.
I hate football at times.

fair enough, i'd be venting had we played poorly or failed to show adequate effort
I though we played well enough to win that too, but the result was all important tonight.

The door was ajar just a crack. Now I think it has been firmly closed again.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.
I think it's the manner of the loss that hurts: the usual well-laid Mourinho-type tactic of hanging in there until late on and getting a headed goal from a set-piece. I thought we were past giving away late headed goals now.

Gutted.

And all those saying Leicester are brick etc etc, it was a GREAT result and method by them. We if we are REALLY to be a top 4 side should be above getting sucked in like that. And i'm sure WE have won games in that fashion ourselves in the last 18 months or so.

What a brick night though:(

I missed the game !

I wonder what Poche is thinking right now ? That to break the top 4, push for the title this season (?) we need to invest RIGHT NOW in another top striker ? How likely is that to happen ? Or to get any decent player ? I'll have to have faith in Poche, he has found Dele Alli, moved Dier, pushed Kane, found Toby ... now, just another one or two pieces to make us a clinical finishing team.

Losing to them, 1-0, isn't too bad ... but we do need to win far more against teams below us to have any chance of breaking the top 4/winning a title, than we have been doing first half of the season. We need to be more clinical.

I'd laugh so hard if we manage to beat them at their ground next week in the FA cup though ! But I don't think it's a priority.

Leicester are not so bad either. Mahrez is an exciting player I'd have at Spurs. Vardy isn't so bad either. Their team spirit is excellent, they are resilient, and they can play at pace. They might not win the Premier but I think they deserve more respect than some people are giving them - and I'm sure our players would agree after Sunday and tonight.
They're not about individuals. They have a tremendous unity and they really do just take one game at a time.

A lot is running for them right now.

It was always asking a lot to finish in the top four with only one centre forward in a team that mostly plays 4-2-3-1 . The management must have known this was likely to be an issue. If anything we are doing better than I expected, but as the season progresses the burden placed on Kane is bound to tell, physically and mentally.

We need someone else who can fulfill the same role - lone striker, play with back to goal, link play, score goals, if only to give Harry a break during the game. And Son is clearly not that player, either.

If tonight doesn't prove that to the ones that matter at the Club then quite frankly I give up

Kane yet again after 70 minutes run out of legs and the bench had no forwards to freshen anything up.... That is the most galling thing for me

Not the fact we lost as I've seen a lot worst but the fact we just don't have that option despite our finances is just plain crazy

Also, when is the OP's avatar getting changed?!?

No mercy, after such a brick OMT:mad:

I mean "Superspurs" wtf, was this a comic or what?!!

Off with the avatar!!

fair enough, i'd be venting had we played poorly or failed to show adequate effort

And that's another thing: there's showing effort, and then there's actually winning games. We can be the most perspiring side in the world, but if we struggle to create anything, miss chances when they're presented to us and then give away stupid goals like that one (or the ones against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and against this same bloody Leicester team three days ago) , then there is still going to be a problem, even as the team is acknowledged as the most hard-running one in the league. Our excellent defense has saved us so far, and turned some of those uninspiring attacking performances into draws or narrow wins by dint of their excellence. That won't last if they concede goals like the ones they did to this Pulisball Supreme side over the course of the last two games.

I know your pi$$ed mate and I don't blame you but we are a team who don't give up. It could have gone either way. You have to think some day Leicester's fortune will turn. Right now Morgan and Huth are monsters that block everything heroically, but soon they may start deflecting in. But honestly, good for them. It could have gone any way today, we could have just as easily won that as lost that. It doesn't comfort me, but I'm not going to lament those lads out there. Still proud of this young group of lads representing Tottenham.

In 11-12, we thought Chelsea's fortune would turn, aaaaaaaaaaaaaalll the way up until John Terry walked up to lift the CL trophy, kitted out and everything. Understand: luck will never go our way as it does for other sides, never. We may get a decision here, a decision there, but we will never be as consistently lucky as some other sides, because we're simply cursed by some kink in the quantum mechanics around the Lane that will never, ever go away. I've accepted that.

But that is also why I am doubly angry when a good Spurs side like the one we have now stumbles idiotically into the most typical defeat imaginable for Tottenham Hotspur: play well, miss chances, and then get done by dopey defenders failing to deal with a long ball (Perez), a corner (Huth) or a free kick (?). Especially after starting to talk crap about the title and top four: shut the f*ck up, and get on with playing, because you haven't earned the right to tempt fate by shooting your mouths off like that.

Almost every bounce in our box ran for them to shoot from. Lot of luck but also a lot of hard work

Almost every long clearance from a deep defender after a period of pressure found its way to a Leicester shirt in the second half: that's not luck, that's good positioning.

Their tactics were caveman like, but they were there, and they were effective.

Well, we'll see how things are REALLY in terms of backing the coach if we still have no option to bring off the bench to give Kane a rest or support....all this talk about MoPo and Levy having "great rapport" will be chaff if we do the same as we've done in previous Januarys (e.g. 2011, 2013 etc).

Action speak louder than platitudes and words...

The unpalatable truth is that we are not quite good enough at the moment with the system we use.This has been coming a while.We need to make better use of the squad and find players that can cross. Kane can't do everything.Lamela is not quite there yet either but we are probably ahead of where we should be going in the right direction etc.cold wet and deeply unsatisfied.

Im strangely non plussed about it all, havent allowed myself to get sucked in by all the title talk and am 99% sure we will finish where we normally finish. I find it hard to get very excited by football in the premiership at the minute, would rather go and watch my son play gaelic or hurling or swim at a gala! This is all just so fking false, the next 2 days will be filled with the same sh1t......train hard, bounce back, gutted, young team etc etc This club as long as Ive followed them have always needed to grow a pair and do you know what....they still havent!
And what the fk has Son done to deserve being dumped on the bench since he came back? He was the only bright spark before his injury!

Back