• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

I agree that Dembele is stronger than Modric but Modric was never easy to get off the ball. Modric is a tenacious bugger and his tight turning circle means that he can move and release the ball as well as anyone I can remember seeing.

i don't think we could expect to replace him like for like, a slight change in player style was always going to be on the cards and with that it'll bring a slightly different style of play from the team

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

BILD says that Hamburg SV have agreed a contract with VDV

HSV and Levy are 5 million Euro apart in their valuation atm

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/hsv/klar-mit-van-der-vaart-25914154.bild.html

I said that this would happen Tuesday too, it's all guess work but every time I want to make anything up in future, I'll cite these and then not a single person can doubt me. :D

Livermore is poor, way over-rated by Spurs fans. 4th choice is higher than he should be

Who else would you have over him? Jenas and Hudd look to be off. (If Hudd doesnt leave, then he'll be 3rd/4th with Parker).

I have done Like Mumorn and changed my avatar. LLoris is the man. I'll take the blame if it doesnt happen.:-"

Livermore is poor, way over-rated by Spurs fans. 4th choice is higher than he should be

That's harsh, what has the guy wrong since the start of last season?

Well if this goes through then that's 24 happy Spurs fans ^^^(poll results)^^^ and I'm one of them :D

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham
#Afellay while there are more than one club in the race I'd not be shocked if Spurs edged it

i don't think we could expect to replace him like for like, a slight change in player style was always going to be on the cards and with that it'll bring a slightly different style of play from the team
Yeah, we'll never get another 'Modric' but we can get a 'Dembele' who can be equally as good! Also, he has got a bit of height to him (6 footish?) which we could also use to our advantage!

ALOT of people are going to potentially be eating ALOT of words come saturday [-o<

Last edited:

tumblr_m8yx2e6JlW1qizx72o2_250.gif

I agree absolutely. My only concern about Dembele is that we might be paying top price for a player on a hot streak

I would hope and imagine that we have talked to Dembele's people to make sure he would be up for signing for us before making an official bid. Would be huge egg on the face if he told us to bog off.

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham
#Afellay while there are more than one club in the race I'd not be shocked if Spurs edged it

Would love it if he came. If anyone asked me in june if I'd swap Modric for (potentialy) Dembele, Lloris, Wilian and Affelay I'd have said they where crazy.

Although we all moan about leaving it late.... Come on, you must all agree, you love these last minute signings (for the fact they happen!) nervous no one is coming and then BAM; slapped in the face with a wet fish! We all know we love the end of the market... That's why Levy does it, to entertain us and show us he is the boss!

I agree absolutely. My only concern about Dembele is that we might be paying top price for a player on a hot streak

Nah this guy is the real deal... I really dont understand why bigger teams are not in for him..

Who else would you have over him? Jenas and Hudd look to be off. (If Hudd doesnt leave, then he'll be 3rd/4th with Parker).

Hudd. Very simplisitically, you meed 4 CMs if you're playing 2 proper CMs. Ideally 2 defensive (Sandro, Parker) plus 2 creative (Thudd and Dembele?). Just think that Livermore is very limited in basic football skills (ie passing, tackling, shooting) and I dont see the need for a 3rd defensive midfielder. Think he'd be better loaned out to prove himself (a la Caulker last year) or needs to be 5th choice....but then wouldnt play much

Back