• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Lots of Utd fans, and quite a few arsenal fans disappointed they are not in for Dembele. My neighbour is a gooner and would love Wenger to sign him (he also raves about Sandro).

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

That is one brick Website fulham have.

Anyway SSN dont seem to be overjoyed with us getting Dembele\o/. They only mentionned it briefly.

I want an apology Jordinho, I told you him not being in their squad tonight meant something!

tbf we need to wrap this up as quickly as possible

Yep, and if we are potentially involved in deals for Willian, Lloris (and possible other incomings) in addition to possible outgoings of Jenas, Rose, Thudd, Dawson etc we will be working around the clock.

The only concern I have about Dembele is that he doesn't seem to be someone who keeps the ball (not in terms of being hard to get the ball off) as in he doesn't seem to build possesion or act as the metronome for fulham as Modric was for us, that said I haven't watched him play CM that much at all so I could be talking a load of crap.

Nah this guy is the real deal... I really dont understand why bigger teams are not in for him..

thing is a brick or average player on a hot streak will score lots of goals or just win a load of goal saving challenges. Dembele's close control and dribbling ability can't be fluked. The fact is he came to England and displayed that pace, aggression and skill from day one. Now at 25 he's matured to the point he's starting to use those raw attributes intelligently to dominate games. Terrific player

Top signing. A CM who can pass and get goals.

Now for Lloris...

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Barcelona had a total deal with Tottenham on the loan of Ibrahim Afellay, but the player has now asked to join German club Schalke. [terra]

The only concern I have about Dembele is that he doesn't seem to be someone who keeps the ball (not in terms of being hard to get the ball off) as in he doesn't seem to build possesion or act as the metronome for fulham as Modric was for us, that said I haven't watched him play CM that much at all so I could be talking a load of crap.

Last season only 6 players completed more passes, or had a higher %, one or the other. He's obviously not Modric level in that respect but he's not bad.

I like the fact he can score some goals aswell. Always a bonus. You need players who can strike a ball especially if you play with just one striker.

Still optimistic we will get Willian. We still need attacking options, and to find additional goals. So would not be surprised either if there is a real unexpected transfer with Defoe leaving

I havent seen enough of Wilian to get excited about it, but I do like the idea of cover for the wings

I like the fact he can score some goals aswell. Always a bonus. You need players who can strike a ball especially if you play with just one striker.

Wouldn't call him prolific though. Hasn't really scored a lot of goals has he?

can this Willian cover the CF position if necessary ?

thinking we may hold off on a forward until Jan, when the Brazilian season ends :-"

Back