• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
teletext Agent 49: Absolutely no truth in the Van Der Vaart rumours. Rafael is staying at Spurs.

Chris Young @YoungSunEcho
Fletcher on verge of penning 4 year deal. #safc v spurs for Johnson

Don't see why people are melting over this one. Fryers said he wanted to sign, Spurs said we wanted to sign him, the tribunal came back with a ridiculous figure. Spurs said we didn't want to sign him at that price, Fryers has moved out of the country as no EPL club will pay £6m for a completely unproven youngster with about 2 hours of competitive football under his belt.

Get the fudge over yourselves.

Who the hell decided this figure? Utds tenticles reach everywhere.

Tottenham look set to rival Manchester United for Fulham star Moussa Dembele.

The Cottagers have already rejected a “very low bid” from the Red Devils for the Belgian International, but talkSPORT understands that Spurs are prepared to trigger the £15m buy-out clause in his contract to take the midfielder across London.

Dembele has just a year left on his current deal, with a year option Fulham would be certain to activate, but they are facing a real fight to hold on to him beyond the end of the current transfer window.

With Luka Modric looking to be on his way to Real Madrid, Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is keen to add more creativity to his midfield after finally signing striker Emanuel Adebayor from Emirates Marketing Project.

Meanwhile, Sir Alex Ferguson will have to up his initial bid for the midfield schemer who joined Fulham from AZ Alkmaar for £5m two years ago under former boss Mark Hughes.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120823/exclusive-spurs-join-man-united-race-fulham-star-179303

Tottenham look set to rival Manchester United for Fulham star Moussa Dembele.

The Cottagers have already rejected a “very low bid” from the Red Devils for the Belgian International, but talkSPORT understands that Spurs are prepared to trigger the £15m buy-out clause in his contract to take the midfielder across London.

Dembele has just a year left on his current deal, with a year option Fulham would be certain to activate, but they are facing a real fight to hold on to him beyond the end of the current transfer window.

With Luka Modric looking to be on his way to Real Madrid, Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is keen to add more creativity to his midfield after finally signing striker Emanuel Adebayor from Emirates Marketing Project.

Meanwhile, Sir Alex Ferguson will have to up his initial bid for the midfield schemer who joined Fulham from AZ Alkmaar for £5m two years ago under former boss Mark Hughes.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120823/exclusive-spurs-join-man-united-race-fulham-star-179303

ANy chance of triggering it before 12pm, so he could be the squad for tomorrow?

he played in some youngster / reserve match up at middlesbrough for us where we got beaten convincingly 4 or 5-0, remember windy putting it on twitter, we probably have links with leige having got M'Poku from them and then sending him back. Shrewd Levy screwing over whisky nose is how i like to read it

Sky Sports sources understand Norwich are in talks to sign Argentine midfielder Lucas Biglia on loan from Anderlecht.

The 26-year-old has been linked with numerous Premier League clubs in recent seasons but looks set to join the Canaries on a season-long deal after spending six years with the Belgian club.

Biglia is a deep-lying playmaker of some repute and was linked with a move to Arsenal earlier this summer so would represent something of a coup for manager Chris Hughton.
The player himself recently indicated that European football was a priority.

"I can leave for €8million (£6.3m) in the current market. I agreed this transfer fee myself," said the Argentina international earlier this week.

"There are clubs ready to pay that amount but they are not better than Anderlecht so for now I focus on this club. I want to at least be playing in Europe."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8013977/Canaries-to-swoop-for-Biglia

Jesus Christ, why are we not in for him at that kind of price? I appreciate that Moutinho is number one priority, perhaps Isco is second choice, but if we end up not replacing Modric when this guy is available for such a low price then I'll be livid, perhaps even more so than the ridiculous decision to go into the season with only 3 strikers, one of them clearly not good enough to play in the Premier League, one of them not able to play as a lone striker and one of them going off for the African Nations in February.

ANy chance of triggering it before 12pm, so he could be the squad for tomorrow?

My guess is no. Probably depends on our progress on other deals. Shame the transfer window closes just hours AFTER the deadline to register players for next weekend.

playing devils advocate...... it all depends on how you approach this information

the ONLY thing that JJset is stating as fact is that Zeki is in training with us

but the second line is not a fact he has stated...he is using the initial fact as evidence, stupidly, that Zeki is our player. the second line is JJsets premature assumption ..../ an educated guess or opinion with a high chance of coming true.

JJset gambled and lost
but i can see how people can try and hitch a ride on that comment and say that JJset got it right 'but things happen and it didnt work out'

No africanspurs, that was someone else's comment.

It seems in these days of 140 characters, txt spk and no punctuation, it is easy to misinterpret who said what, when, why etc.

Most ITKs are 6 degrees of separation away from Levy, I think Jjetset is 5 degrees of separation away from levy - so he knows a bit more but he is still only hearing who we are interested in and will not know definitively etc.

Why do so many see that a club are targetting a player and go 'Why are we not in for him'?!

There's thousands of players, we clearly have our targets and if we're not in for him then we don't want them. We can't be in for every flipping player!

Why do so many see that a club are targetting a player and go 'Why are we not in for him'?!

There's thousands of players, we clearly have our targets and if we're not in for him then we don't want them. We can't be in for every flipping player!

The club should set up online polls for its members to decide who to sell and who to buy and what fees are acceptable. It's the only way forward I say.

Chelsea have completed the signing of Marseille right-back Cesar Azpilicueta for a reported £7million.

West Ham have completed the signing of Matt Jarvis on a five-year from Wolves

MUFC boss Sir Alex Ferguson has ruled out making any more signings before the close of the transfer window.
- Signing imminent then.

Back