• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because it flatters their egos, to present the idea that they actually know more about the club - and it's not just as simple as Daniel Levy being a tightfisted prick. Ooooooooh no, that's faaaaaar too simplistic and simply must be dismissed with an needlessly patronising tone.

I find it hilarious that the blame for not sourcing a striker was - at one piont in time - laid at the feet of Redknapp. Apparently he was clueless, no plan, no direction, no perception of where the team was weak. All hail AVB - he'll see it; he's the messiah - he'll bring us our wonderful striker!

Nah, no fudging striker. Change of manager, but no fudging striker. Guess what, who's the ever-present?

KNOCK! KNOCK! Yep, it's Daniel Levy girls and boys.

Because you know what's happening and know that Levy has deliberately screwed up signing a striker several times?

He's a gambler; gambling that the selling club will be so keen to move a player on that, in the final knockings of the transfer window, they'll drop the price by a few quid. Because that always happens, doesn't it Daniel?

Gambling the performance of Aug - Jan...in the hope of saving a few quid.

Good plan that isn't it.

Another question.

Let's say for the sake of argument that there is a number either in % of transfer fee or as a set amount per transfer that we can save by delaying these transfers by drawing out negotiations, at least one average.

If that number is big enough it obviously becomes better to wait, Levy style.

At what point do you think it's better to wait?

Say we can save £1m per transfer on average (transfer fee and wages combined), is it worth it in your opinion? How about £2m?

I don't think we're scouting him if he's a target for this window. It's either someone else or we're just keeping an eye on his form, showing him we're interested.

i think the club are unsure about spending over 18-20 mill pounds for him, which is what it will take to get him imo

what makes me laugh is that we are still scouting Damiao.....i mean, if they havent made their minds up by now then we really are fooked

We're not scouting him. Done that.

We've now moved onto making a bid for a player. This is where it goes bandy.

"How much is Damiao?"

"£20m"

"Oh. Okay, I bid £6m"

I'm sure Levy is now renowned as a tinkletaking timewaster.

Grow some balls, Daniel, if you wanna bat with the big boys.

Maybe not, but he needs AVB to state who he wants to bring in surely....

The same way he waited for Vertonghen and Sigurdsson?

I know what you meanm, fella - but a quality player would improve the squad - and AVB could always work around that and shape his formation accordingly. If we signed Llorente before AVB came I doubt many would complain. Both strategies could work, imv and Levy has a 4 year head-start

Another question.

Let's say for the sake of argument that there is a number either in % of transfer fee or as a set amount per transfer that we can save by delaying these transfers by drawing out negotiations, at least one average.

If that number is big enough it obviously becomes better to wait, Levy style.

At what point do you think it's better to wait?

Say we can save £1m per transfer on average (transfer fee and wages combined), is it worth it in your opinion? How about £2m?

Levy knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing.

Oh wow Daniel, you saved us £1m! Here, have a pat on the back - well done.

Any chance you could buy us a striker though, as we haven't scored for 5 games and we're in the bottom half.

But hey, you saved £1m - you absolute financial genius.

Well, where's the striker, Einstein?

If he hasn't fudged up signing a striker, then what does it say about the idiotic management beneath him?

When Redknapp came in we signed a bunch of strikers. We had a strong pool of strikers, we're not Chelsea or City, we weren't going to bring another one in unless it was a really good deal or we sold someone first. And now we have sold, so obviously this window it's a bit more urgent.

Back