• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't see a problem sticking with Friedel this season. Still have Cudicini and Button as backup if Gomes leaves.

Problem is that Friedel doesn't fit AVB's system at all. With his high lines you need a ballplaying keeper who is quick off his line - the cliched 'sweeper keeper'.

I think Cudicini may have left the club (he was out of contract as of last week)

Yeah, but Vertonghen has so far varied from €8m to €14m in the media. They're just guessing.

Strikers, in an article someone just posted (loan and academy thread? not sure) it states Harry Kane is staying, so he may become our number 3..

9m euros plus 3m add ons :D

Problem is that Friedel doesn't fit AVB's system at all. With his high lines you need a ballplaying keeper who is quick off his line - the cliched 'sweeper keeper'.

I think Cudicini may have left the club (he was out of contract as of last week)

Cudicini was listed as retained on the official list sent to the PL.

Mate do you have to bring this brick up all the time?

Vertonghen: four plus two years
From our special reporter
De Lutte - Nothing can stop the transfer of Jan Vertonghen to Tottenham Hotspur in the way. After a marathon session at the Amsterdam ArenA were the interests of Ajax - Nakhli Mondial - and Amsterdam in broad agreement on the part of the transfer Vertonghen (nine million down, three million variable) receives.

Late Friday night, the agreements were put on paper. Once that's done, put the Belgians in London signed a contract for four years with an option for another two seasons.

That deal is still around, is a relief for Vertonghen, who yesterday left the training camp of Ajax. "The last days were not easy," he acknowledged in De Lutte.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/ajax/12511057/__Vertonghen__vier_plus_twee_jaar__.html

footie news & gossip @caughtoffside

COS: Tottenham Complete Signing of Man United Defender Ezekiel Fryers: Tribunal Likely to Set £3m Fee

Fiorentina could reveal the signings of Emiliano Viviano, Mounir El Hamdaoui and Francesco Della Rocca on Monday morning, according to Sky Sport Italia.

The trio have interested the Florence club for a while and deals are seemingly nearing their completion with their three respective employers.

The most significant of the arrivals is goalkeeper Viviano, who will return to the city of his birth if the transfer is pushed through.

He is currently co-owned by Inter and Palermo but with neither club assuring him of regular action, Fiorentina are expected to wrap up a loan deal.

El Hamdaoui, a Moroccan striker, should arrive on a permanent deal from Ajax although there are no suggestions as to the price that Fiorentina will have to pay. El Hamdaoui will be tasked with being the foil for the Viola’s Stevan Jovetic next season.

Della Rocca is co-owned by Palermo and Bologna but, like Viviano, should join Vincenzo Montella’s side on a loan deal.

Despite the three incomings, Fiorentina have doubts over Valon Behrami’s future after he rejected their initial proposal for an extended contract. Negotiations are expected to be on-going amid interest from Napoli.

http://www.football-italia.net/20879/fiorentina-announce-three-arrivals

Rose out on loan, and this guy LB stand-by if Ekotto/Vertonghen not available??

I think Rose will be sold. IMO he showed at the end of last season that he's just not up to playing at this level.

We'd also need to include him in our 25 this season (unlike Fryers) and I can't see us justifying a place on him.

I wouldn't cry if we sold Rose. He's certainly no left back, in my opinion. I also think Townsend is a better alternative on the left wing than Rose.

I think Rose will be sold. IMO he showed at the end of last season that he's just not up to playing at this level.

We'd also need to include him in our 25 this season (unlike Fryers) and I can't see us justifying a place on him.

Wasnt sure, but I thought I read a loan to WBA was on the cards,

Do agree though, bar the odd game, I havent been keen on him at LB, and Townsend looks a better option as a back-up LW

I wouldn't cry if we sold Rose. He's certainly no left back, in my opinion. I also think Townsend is a better alternative on the left wing than Rose.

Personally I dont think we should give up on him yet. at teh end of the season befor ethe one just finished,he looked half decent when deputising for Benny. He's definitely not a LW but could make it at LB.

Best bet is to loan him out for a full season to find out. No point keeping him in the squad given that we wont learn whether he's good enough if he doesnt play. Then decide whether to sell at end of next season

Back