• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
freddie sears has left west ham, another one of there great ones not gone onto anything. That noble lad is cack as well but no doubt i will have to hear the hammers fans raving about him this season.

No way am I accepting £28 million for Modric, fuk that? Either Madrid want him or they don't, if they do they do not get to name their own price. £12m is a lot of money. To be honest I am not worried because when it comes to bargaining in "Levy I trust"

But Adebayor doesn't fit into our wage structure. If we're gonna splash out big wages it should be for a special player.
Leandro for instance will cost less than Adebayor when we add the wages and fees up over 3 seasons. And he could sold on for a profit.

We need both. The only problem with Ade last season was that he had no cover/competition for him.

Ade's wages can be met by paying an up front signing on fee (as the transfer fee is so low).

No way am I accepting £28 million for Modric, fuk that? Either Madrid want him or they don't, if they do they do not get to name their own price. £12m is a lot of money. To be honest I am not worried because when it comes to bargaining in "Levy I trust"

If it's £28m, then surely it'll be £28m and Sahin.

£40m has got to be the minimum for Modric, especially if Moutinho is going to cost £25m.

I think people have lost the head a bit if they think Madrid will pay £50m for Modric. Even £40m seems outlandish to me. I think the Mirror story of an opening bid of £28m sounds about right, with negotiations getting it up to a maximum of £35m in the end. Even that amount would be a stretch for Madrid I reckon.

So Forlan has signed for Internacional. Now will any ITK nail their balls to the mast and confirm a deaql is in place for Damiao or Oscar to move out? They cannot afford the extra wages of Forlan so something has to give. Suspiciously quiet from the revered ITK.

Edit: I include ITK from other sites...... :^)

Last edited:
football genius, currently doing his coaching badges....

david-ginola-legend-french-football-top-greatest-player-470x336px.jpg

Still got my Ginola shirt in the wardrobe & i'm 34 now. Magician he was!

So Forlan has signed for Internacional. Now will any ITK nail their balls to the mast and confirm a deaql is in place for Damiao or Oscar to move out? They cannot afford the extra wages of Forlan so something has to give. Suspiciously quiet from the revered ITK.

Edit: I include ITK from other sites...... :^)

One of them said a deal for Oscar is further along than what the press are saying.

Havn't seen that info so I may have to take back what I said. Does seem implausible that they can take Forlan on, albeit on a free, and pay his 'top' wages without having to cut their cloth. Maybe I am clutching at straws! [-o<

Don't know if its been mentioned but just read on Eurosport that Julio Cesar on his way out of inter, he's been left out of their pre season squad and they brought in the Palermo keeper on loan this year.
Hasn't had his best couple of years but worth a look?

Does the Sandro being part of the Olympics count as a club announcement? That's four in a row KEEP THE STREAK ALIVE LEVY! I must confess I don't recall much about Sigurdssons actual playing ability apart from the goals so that may not be a good thing but, hopefully I'm just forgetful, Now whats the deal with this Oscar chap? I'm worried about vertongen for some reason it reminds me of Arshavin and thats never good although he seems a nice type of chap and dedicated to us and not whoring himself out to his many *ahem* boyhood clubs

Dont know if this is an legit account or a fake, but...

Ezekiel Fryers ‏@EzekielFryers51
Joined for Tottenham, thank you for all the support.

Bit suss that he only follows 8 people too including Benny, Danny Rose & Spurs official. Anyone else on twitter, only just started getting in to it myself.

I think its because our other striker options last season were so poor. For me Adebayor is way too inconsistent. He's seems to have an attitude that he's happy enough whether he's played well or not. He rightly knows there's more to life than football but that's not really what we need from our main striker. I don't think AVB has the man management skills needed to bring out the best in him neither.

What do you base this on? Did you watch him last season? You'd have had every chance mate, Harry flogged the brick out of him and played him to the bone, often as a lone striker. He was excellent, and had he enjoyed a bit more rest, I'd say he'd have put another few chances away. Further, had the refs not been tossers, he'd have had three CLEAR goals (not even close decisions)...you should, IMHO, also place a "bit" more faith in AVB to have learnt from the Chelski situation, where I have NO DOUBT he was put up to the task of being ruthless and left stranded in no man's land by his "sponsors" when the brick hit the fan.

Let me ask you, who would YOU have instead of Adebayor who would have a similar first season?

Back