• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kolo Toure leaving City apparently... anyone? think he would be a good signing myself

No would like us to build a CB partnership rather than continually patching things over with older players. Lets get in Vert to play alongside Kaboul and develop an understanding

No would like us to build a CB partnership rather than continually patching things over with older players. Lets get in Vert to play alongside Kaboul and develop an understanding

I agree. I'd like us to bring in Vertonghen who would play alongside Kaboul when fit, with potentially Caulker understudy and Dawson providing back-up where necessary.

If Gallas stays then again he can provide any experience requirements. I'd like to think King will stay on in a coaching role to mentor the younger defenders also.

Better than a CB pairing where one of them breaks down every other game forcing a change in the pair.

i hear you, but he is our King. we live or die by him......Long Live the King.

but seriously, i would rather have king every other game than 90% of the Cb's out there..including verty.

but seriously, i would rather have king every other game than 90% of the Cb's out there..including verty.

I know what you mean. And it's hard to disagree with.

Partly because it's hard to judge how different our CB pairing would be with a 'better understanding' of each other.

King is finished. He's always be a SPurs legend but we need to move on. We need to get a settled partnership; dont mind having Gallas as back-up and for Europa etc for another year but we need to move on and have a partnership which can play together over multiple seasons. THere's plenty of experience near Vert/Kaboul in Parker and Freidel

King against Norwich confirmed for me his time is up. Sad to say but he cost us that day along with forwards not being able to hit the target

I know what you mean. And it's hard to disagree with.

Partly because it's hard to judge how different our CB pairing would be with a 'better understanding' of each other.

For me its easy to disagree with. The 2011/2 version of King wasnt as good as Gallas or Kaboul nor would be ahead of Vertonghen. We cant live in the past and assume King will ever be the player he was

'Our talking point this morning is George Best, his liver transplant and the booze culture in football. Don’t forget, the best caller wins a crate of John Smith’s.'

'One moment I'm playing football and the next – whack – I wake up in hospital unconscious.'

'He held his head in his hands as it flashed past the post.'

'The tackles are coming in thick and thin'.

'Roy Keane, his face punches the air...'

Alan Brazil: "I was sad to hear yesterday about the death of Inspector Morse, TV's John Shaw." Mike Parry: "John Thaw, Alan." Alan Brazil: "Do you know, I've been doing that all morning. John, if you're listening, sorry mate."

"The man is United – cut him and he bleeds red". His evaluation on Sir Alex Ferguson.

"Villa have had a complete reservation of fortunes." After Martin O'Neill took over as manager of Aston Villa.

He also asked a freind of Bob Monkhouse how his health was.......after he had died.

King is no longer as fast and agile as he used to be, will always be a legend, but we need to move on, cant keep playing him cos "he is King" need to be ruthless and play the best players in that position available and unfortunately on several occassions last season King showed that he is no longer that.

Back