• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Uruguay international claimed earlier this month that he did not know where he would be playing next season, but was well aware of interest from abroad.

He said: “No, I do not know my future.

"Right now, my future is going on holiday. Then, we will see what happens.”

Based on this the Mirror has deduced that we're trying to sign Alvaro Pereira to replace Benny.

They do spend a lot of time moaning about how overrated everyone else's players are.

ie. Walker is toss and only has the pace to save him while Johnson is the Messi of full backs.

Who BEN
Date 29th June
Site FTL

Something more than transfers Avb going on

A few directors not taking holidays at moment at the club as need to tie things up.

I think ground and takeover thing clearly must be happening don't need all these people around just for a new manager and players

Alan brazil said on talk sport he's got a contact that's got news about spurs that will blow your socks of , any one no what it is

Here we go again.... anyone else remember last year when there was at least one supposed ITK claiming something big is coming... important people have cancelled their holidays.... the buzz around the club is that nothing this big has happened since the Klinsmann signing.... blah blah blah

Over the last week a number of senior backroom staff have been leaving, there is likely to be a new manager announced in the next couple of weeks, that manager will also need to have his backroom staffs contracts approved, we see news like Bale's new contract.

Ground and takeover must clearly be happening? What is this guy on?

A football club is actually a relatively small business from an operational perspective. Whether we're appointing a manager or completing a relatively low level signing, there is still a relatively large financial commitment that would require a formal sign-off.

We're in the final weeks of a training ground build which is slightly behind schedule, and would naturally require a senior presence to ensure the project gets over the line without any further delays. There are apparently TUPE issues to manage with some staff not moving to the new training ground. On top of that there's plenty of completely standard work for these guys to be doing for the start of the season.

If there was a big event relating to the training ground or a takeover it would still take months to complete, it wouldn't be a secret, and a Director taking a week off will make no difference whatsoever.

Exactly the same thing was being said last year and it was shown to be complete fiction.

The Uruguay international claimed earlier this month that he did not know where he would be playing next season, but was well aware of interest from abroad.

He said: “No, I do not know my future.

"Right now, my future is going on holiday. Then, we will see what happens.”

Based on this the Mirror has deduced that we're trying to sign Alvaro Pereira to replace Benny.

AVB did try to sign him for Chelsea too

Here we go again.... anyone else remember last year when there was at least one supposed ITK claiming something big is coming... important people have cancelled their holidays.... the buzz around the club is that nothing this big has happened since the Klinsmann signing.... blah blah blah

Over the last week a number of senior backroom staff have been leaving, there is likely to be a new manager announced in the next couple of weeks, that manager will also need to have his backroom staffs contracts approved, we see news like Bale's new contract.

Ground and takeover must clearly be happening? What is this guy on?

A football club is actually a relatively small business from an operational perspective. Whether we're appointing a manager or completing a relatively low level signing, there is still a relatively large financial commitment that would require a formal sign-off.

We're in the final weeks of a training ground build which is slightly behind schedule, and would naturally require a senior presence to ensure the project gets over the line without any further delays. There are apparently TUPE issues to manage with some staff not moving to the new training ground. On top of that there's plenty of completely standard work for these guys to be doing for the start of the season.

If there was a big event relating to the training ground or a takeover it would still take months to complete, it wouldn't be a secret, and a Director taking a week off will make no difference whatsoever.

Exactly the same thing was being said last year and it was shown to be complete fiction.

Yeah you're right; this 'lot of activity' nonsense gets regurgitated each year - rinse and repeat job.

It's a bit of a stretch for some folk to suggest that ergo it's to do with a takeover. We've in the process of a management change; negotiating settlement terms for those outgoing and agreeing contracts for those coming in - all of which takes time. Separate to this is the transfer of staff to the new Training complex - which has nothing at all to do with TUPE - but everything to do with negotiating redundancy packages. Employment contracts are such a pain in the arse that it can very easily tie senior directors up.

We also have the imminent major product launch, aligned to the on-boarding of UnderArmour as the partner, and it's within both our interests and theirs, that this launch goes smoothly and it successful. Again, a lot of meticulous planning involved. There's also some suggestion that the sponsorships contract(s) may be in renegotiation; they both expire tomorrow, and there's been no formal announcement of any extension, so it could be that the club is also in a tendering process.

And then yes of course we have the Northumberland Development Project, which will be ramping-up as certain key milestones are met. There has been the inference from someone who IS genuinely 'in the know' that there is a tendering process in-place with regards to the building contracts. Although I should imagine the architects and project leads will manage this process, it'll still require close and frequent interaction with senior directors of the club.

And all of the above is supplementary to what must now seem boring 'BAU' side of things, ie: trading footballers. Far easier to plan holidays if, in actuality, your 'strategy' (in loose terms) on player trading will be focused around mid-late August.

With such a period of transition - in all areas of the business - would the club really wish to invite even more pressures in terms of takeovers and scrutiny in terms of due diligence? I very much doubt it. It just wouldn't make any sense, as business insecurity would only act to suppress any valuation which would be found. All about timing really, and selling a business which is in transition isn't the right way to go about getting top dollar. Levy is many things, but he isn't as stupid as to do that.

It does make me laugh sometimes how the majority of football fans look at the running of their clubs in isolation; they concentrate solely on merely the buying and selling of footballers - completely ignoring the fact that it's a little bit more complicated than that. This gibberish that Levy is showing incompetence by not signing anyone in June, as if he's got absolutely nothing better to do or worry about :lol:

'Our talking point this morning is George Best, his liver transplant and the booze culture in football. Don’t forget, the best caller wins a crate of John Smith’s.'

'One moment I'm playing football and the next – whack – I wake up in hospital unconscious.'

'He held his head in his hands as it flashed past the post.'

'The tackles are coming in thick and thin'.

'Roy Keane, his face punches the air...'

Alan Brazil: "I was sad to hear yesterday about the death of Inspector Morse, TV's John Shaw." Mike Parry: "John Thaw, Alan." Alan Brazil: "Do you know, I've been doing that all morning. John, if you're listening, sorry mate."

"The man is United – cut him and he bleeds red". His evaluation on Sir Alex Ferguson.

"Villa have had a complete reservation of fortunes." After Martin O'Neill took over as manager of Aston Villa.

Back