• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
alf Rangnick and Gerard Houllier have joined Salzburg, with Roger Schmidt appointed head coach of the Austrian champions.

Rangnick has been linked with several coaching vacancies across Europe, including West Brom, since quitting Schalke in September last year citing exhaustion.

He has now been named as Salzburg's sporting director, while former Liverpool and Aston Villa boss Houllier will serve as the club's global sports director.

Schmidt arrives from Germany 2 Bundesliga side Paderborn, having guided them to a surprising fifth place last year.

Schmidt replaces Ricardo Moniz, who unexpectedly left the club following their title success earlier this month.

Oh my, TWO sports directors, one club.

when did he say he is a Spurs fan?

He hasn't said it but I've seen it mentioned in a few reports that he supported us as a kid.

Yeah, apparently some well known pundit on Dutch TV came out and said that the deal is done between the clubs, but that personal terms have to be hammered out. Also, apparently Vertonghen gets a nice cut of the transfer fee, and Ajax are trying to change that.

Doubt that's true, I thought everything was agreed with the player aaaages ago.

Cos hes slow like corluka and likely to get caught out in a half competitive league?

I haven't seen anything of him to suggest he's Corluka slow? Pretty sure he matched Ashley Young for pace a couple of times at Wembley. I don't know why people have to be so down on prospective signings, at least let him get through the door before slaughtering him.

alf Rangnick and Gerard Houllier have joined Salzburg, with Roger Schmidt appointed head coach of the Austrian champions.

Rangnick has been linked with several coaching vacancies across Europe, including West Brom, since quitting Schalke in September last year citing exhaustion.

He has now been named as Salzburg's sporting director, while former Liverpool and Aston Villa boss Houllier will serve as the club's global sports director.

Schmidt arrives from Germany 2 Bundesliga side Paderborn, having guided them to a surprising fifth place last year.

Schmidt replaces Ricardo Moniz, who unexpectedly left the club following their title success earlier this month.

Oh my, TWO sports directors, one club.

Blast from the past. Sooner or later some cheap journo will pick up on this and link it back to us.

Walker, Kaboul and Benny are three of our five fastest players too so it's not like he'll be playing alongside Charlie and Daws.

From the few Ajax games I've seen I'm more concerned about his poor positioning, but will reserve judgement till I've seen play for Spurs.

[video=youtube;JsG6hA9chos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsG6hA9chos[/video] [video=youtube;H3oyxj4Now4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3oyxj4Now4[/video]

Couple of decent videos to gauge his speed.

I like the way he breaks forward with the ball. Sort of like Kaboul but with end product. In saying that I remember that he got caught out on a couple of occasions against utd when he got stripped of possession.

I also notice that he is very two footed and makes space for himself rather easily.

I like him.

Tottenham Hotspur have entered into a dialogue with Real Madrid over the potential sale of Luka Modric.

In a significant change from the stance last summer that the midfielder would not be allowed to leave the club under any circumstances, Daniel Levy is discussing a cash-plus-player exchange for the Croatia international.

The Tottenham chairman expects a substantial transfer fee, thought to be in the region of ?25 million (Dh143.8m), plus two Madrid internationals, Ricardo Carvalho and Nuri Sahin.

Modric is aware that he is the preferred recruit of Florentino Perez, Madrid's president, and he is likely to reprise the tactics of last summer and publicly ask to leave White Hart Lane, if necessary.

Modric is contracted to Tottenham until 2016 and impressed again on an international stage, in Euro 2012.

His club's failure to reach the Champions League has increased the pressure on Levy to come to a compromise deal on Modric's future, and a sale to Madrid is more palatable than to one of the player's Premier League suitors.

Sahin, 23, a €12 million (Dh55.4m) signing from Borussia Dortmund last summer, struggled to adapt his passing game to the speed and directness of Real's Primera Liga-winning tactics, and while still valued by Jose Mourinho could be sacrificed to make possible a Modric deal.

Carvalho, 34, remains the most technically accomplished defender at the Bernabeu, but had his playing time limited by injury last season.

If Carvalho does return to the Premier League as part of the Modric transfer the former Chelsea defender can expect to be coached by Andre Villas-Boas, who is believed to have accepted Tottenham's proposal to take on their vacant position by the beginning of pre-season.

A provisional agreement to appoint Villas-Boas on a three-year contract is in place following a series of talks between Tottenham, Villas-Boas and representatives, according to sources close to the discussions. The official announcement has been delayed as the Portuguese is still being paid his Stamford Bridge salary of ?2m net as part of his March severance agreement from Chelsea.

Tottenham's thinking in approaching Villas-Boas has been to revitalise a football department that had grown stagnant under Harry Redknapp. Levy regards Villas-Boas as a modern, attack-minded coach who will reform the Englishman's lax training culture, improve players' fitness, and prepare them properly for matches as the club moves into a custom-built training centre in Enfield.

Further angered by Redknapp's tendency to publicly undermine him on matters such as transfer strategy, Tottenham's principal had been preparing the ground to replace him all of last season. Extensive talks were held with Carlo Ancelotti before the Italian took up a better-remunerated position with Paris Saint-Germain.

Levy then manoeuvred unsuccessfully to extract a multimillion compensation package from the Football Association for the final 18 months on Redknapp's Tottenham contract as the manager's numerous media allies aggressively pushed him for the England job.

Exploratory discussions were held about Mourinho taking over at White Hart Lane before the Madrid manager reconsidered a decision to return to Premier League football this summer.

Villas-Boas's candidacy has been promoted by Tim Sherwood, one of just two survivors from a cull of Redknapp's extensive support staff, and an individual who is now poised to take on increased responsibilities for player recruitment.

Despite the impressive tactical and organisational qualities Villas-Boas demonstrated in his sole complete season as lead coach, at FC Porto, and while opposition scouting for Mourinho at that club, Chelsea and Inter Milan, the appointment carries an element of risk for Tottenham.

Undermined by Roman Abramovich's failure to swiftly implement an agreed plan to overhaul Chelsea's squad, Villas-Boas struggled to manage certain senior players and results rapidly declined.

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/real-madrid-look-to-bring-in-tottenhams-luka-modric

If Modric leaves and we get Sahin in return. I'd LOVE to see this:

...................New Striker....................
Bale...............Sigurdsson..........Lennon
........Sahin.....................Sandro..........

Tbat is nice.&it keep s Bale on the left.

Maarten Stekelenburg ‏@M_stekelenburg
Goodluck my friend @Jan_Vertonghen by tottenham hotspur! It was a nice time witch you by AJAX!
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Back