• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Someone just posted this on SC:

I don't post regularly as you can see. I'm not someone 'ITK' but found out from someone important today (and saw photo) of Sigurdsson having successfully completed his medical in a Spurs top with my source (who's one of my bosses).

He's signed for us on the quiet yet to be announced and has had his medical today! That's all I know (nothing about the fee etc)

Oh, I'm a doctor in London btw.

Hope this helps!

Follow up

My first (and probably last) piece of in the know. How exciting.
I actually wasn't going to post as thought if the leak gets traced to here they (Spurs) may be upset with my boss, however a quick google before I posted and our interest seems have come up on the daily mail website already, so hopefully I shan't be tracked down.
Sorry I don't have the photo; I was shown it on his phone. Happy to apologise if not true.

I have to say I was quite underwhelmed by the news as I assumed this may be a Modric replacement but everyone here and my ITK boss seem quite happy with it!

Like I say, all I've been told is he's signed under the radar and I saw a photo of him in a spurs shirt (not a match day one, a t-shirt) shaking hands with Spurs medical staff after his successful medical! No idea re: fee.

I did ask my boss if he knew anything about our boss(Spurs) but he said he knows nothing about managers.

KopWorld LFC Forum @Liverpool_FC_:
Gylfi Sigurdsson has returned back to Iceland after meeting with both LFC & Reading and will make his decision soon

Im not that excited by Sigurdsson - He is a Thudd type player and im more inclined to go for Thudd - love the Thudd.

Why would Sigurdsson wear a Spurs top for his medical?
And why would someone be allowed to take a photo if it was so top secret?

I remember when someone leaked a pic of Charlie in a Spurs shirt and it wasn't until a couple of City games later that he was officially announced. I know this Sig stuff is most likely crap but just wanted to re-live that little story.

Im not that excited by Sigurdsson - He is a Thudd type player and im more inclined to go for Thudd - love the Thudd.

Really?

I'd see him as a very direct replacement for Niko. An understudy for vdV who will hopefully actually be used from time to time.

If Modric leaves and we get Sahin in return. I'd LOVE to see this:

...................New Striker....................
Bale...............Sigurdsson..........Lennon
........Sahin.....................Sandro..........

Putting Sigurdsson in ahead of van der Vaart is a bit like putting Caulker in ahead of Kaboul.

........................Ade....................
Bale.................Rafa...............Sigurdsson
........Sahin.....................Sandro..........

I could cope with.

those Sigurdsson rumours (doctor, pic and all that)......i really doubt the Spurs medical staff would allow a pic to be taken if they are trying to keep everything hush hush

just saying like

I was thinking more along the lines of both are passers, both take shots and both are ok in the tackle and tracking back etc

He's ten times the player Tom Huddlestone is. He is more a goalscorer who makes breathtaking runs into the box than a passer tbh (although he is a good passer).

He's ten times the player Tom Huddlestone is. He is more a goalscorer who makes breathtaking runs into the box than a passer tbh (although he is a good passer).

Not ten times the player. I think Thudd is brilliant so I am biased.

He is more of a goalscorer then - so Sigurdsson is a poor mans Lampard (no bad thing mind) just sayin

Not ten times the player. I think Thudd is brilliant so I am biased.

He is more of a goalscorer then - so Sigurdsson is a poor mans Lampard (no bad thing mind) just sayin

It's a bit like apples and oranges IMO. Thudd is more of a sit back, dictate tempo type of player(Alonso?) whilst Sigur?sson is at his best higher up around the box, putting in crosses/shots and making his presence felt in the penalty box(Lampard/VDV?).

As I've said before I don't personally know the guy, but the whispers here in Iceland are that he's currently mulling over a few offers after meeting with teams before the weekend, one of which is ours.

This brings up an interesting point though. Would he join a team that's currently without a manager? And if so, has he been briefed on who we're currently talking to, what the future vision of the club is etc? Would he risk coming here, and then having a manager come in who won't use him or have assurances been made, even from the new yet-to-be-formally-hired manager, that he's part of the puzzle?

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
Significant change of stance on Modric sale. Tottenham ask Real Madrid for cash, Carvalho and Nuri Sahin. #thfc #rmcfhttp://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/real-madrid-look-to-bring-in-tottenhams-luka-modric

interesting!

Back