• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow imagine getting him and Sahin...i'd jizz in my pants and wouldn't give a single fudge about Luka whatshisname.

Totally agree, more creativity and more of a goal threat and with parker and sandro as our defensive players and hudd and livermore central midfield would be sorted. Could then get rid of jenas, dos santos, bentley and piennar and sort the wings out, a back up to lennon and bale would be good.

KPB was never voted player of the season?

Young player of the year by readers of the German Beano I think.

Kevin-Prince Boateng has made several appearances for the German Under-16, Under-19 and Under-21 teams. On July 20, 2005, he scored a spectacular goal in a Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) European Under-19 Football Championship game against Greece in his side?s 3-0 victory. This goal was voted as the Goal of the Month by viewers of a popular German TV sports show. That year, he won Fritz Walter Bronze Medal as well as the Best German Young Player of the Year title. On July 27, 2006, Kevin-Prince Boateng was adjudged as the Fritz Walter Gold medal winner and the 2006 Best Young Player in Germany by a jury consisting of the German Football Association (DFB), Youth Coaches and Members of the DFB Board. As of 2008, he has won a total of five international caps for the German U-21 side.

The chap has plenty of talent but suffered from (a) being played as a defensive midfielder which he is not and (b) an obsession with his appearance, while at Spurs. He could have been good but was mismanaged IMHO.

In what way doesn't he suit him?

Issue with VDV in a AVB system is more about the defensive work than the attacking.
High pressure game and defending from the top, VDVs mind would be in it as he's hardworking, but perhaps not his legs.

Carvalho doesn't need pace; His positioning is world class.

It's a problem if AVB is the manager and we play a high defensive line, leaving the defenders with a lot of space to cover.
Terry style.

Reports in the Netherlands claim that Ajax and Tottenham have reached an agreement over a 12million euros transfer fee for Belgium international defender Jan Verthonghen.
by @skysportsrobp 1:55 PM

I'm surprised that the Dutch player of the year - and one of his prime age, a captain, a 2-time title winner - is only worth €12m and that Spurs seem to have been the only ones in the race for his signature.

I'm surprised that the Dutch player of the year - and one of his prime age, a captain, a 2-time title winner - is only worth €12m and that Spurs seem to have been the only ones in the race for his signature.

He only has one year on his contract. Arsenal, Milan and Barca were all linked with him.

Last year of the contract probably has something to do with the low'ish price, but it's still best part of ?10mil so not exactly for free.

Yeah, apparently some well known pundit on Dutch TV came out and said that the deal is done between the clubs, but that personal terms have to be hammered out. Also, apparently Vertonghen gets a nice cut of the transfer fee, and Ajax are trying to change that.

Yeah, apparently some well known pundit on Dutch TV came out and said that the deal is done between the clubs, but that personal terms have to be hammered out. Also, apparently Vertonghen gets a nice cut of the transfer fee, and Ajax are trying to change that.

I see little point in that, especially if their valuation is met? Surely what we throw at the player afterwards is irrelevant from their point of view as long as we pay 'their' price?

Thats kind of my point. Ive seen "Moyes to Spurs" articles that contain the line "..also linked with Rangnick", "AVB to Spurs" articles that contain the line "..also linked with Rangnick" as well as "Martinez to spurs" "Blanc to Spurs" articles that contain the line "..also linked with Rangnick"

But not one "Rangnick to Spurs.." article. He seems to just be a name linked to us for the sake of linkage!

Bingo!

Back