• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"I will go where I will play often and in the right position"

...so which part of the non-existent management team guaranteed that for him?

We should really consider Sturridge if available, imv

Also looks like this could well be the end of Kalou - on a free anyone?

We should really consider Sturridge if available, imv

Also looks like this could well be the end of Kalou - on a free anyone?

the couple of Chelsea fans i know who actually properly follow them don't rate Sturrdige that highly and they really don't rate Kalou !

They've already announced he's leaving on a free. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Would much rather we sign Hoilett. Better than Kalou already, a lot younger, can play both side and up top....as I've said many times before, Hoillet is very similar to Ashley young when he was at Watford

Billy - i think he s been largerly under used and can be useful wide cover for us if needed. Cant be worse than Kranjcar or Gio - quicker, stronger and far more experiences in addition to a winners experience

Just one to consider, thats all

the couple of Chelsea fans i know who actually properly follow them don't rate Sturrdige that highly and they really don't rate Kalou !

This is very true, I sat in a box at Brum City last season with a couple of Chav season ticket holders & they hated him too & was confirmed that day when he was utterly useless. Not for me thanks even on a free, Sturridge on the other hand I'd have, can't believe Wellbeck is in the England squad ahead of him, was toss @ Sunderland last season & if Heskey could have matched his goal tally this season playing for Man Yoo

Good luck to Chelsea, they can buy as many midfielders as they please, but until they replace drogba, they'll only go downhill

Billy - i think he s been largerly under used and can be useful wide cover for us if needed. Cant be worse than Kranjcar or Gio - quicker, stronger and far more experiences in addition to a winners experience

Just one to consider, thats all

i don't watch much Chelsea so what i see of them both is limited - Sturridge looks a half decent prospect, i don't quite think he has half the potential some people think but i wouldn't be against him signing as he is young and English and barring a miraculous drop in standard would still command a good sell on fee should it not work out for him here. in other words a fairly risk free signing (should he be available)

as for Kalou - again i haven't seen much of him just throwing it out there what some Chelsea followers i know think, although the games i have seen him play he generally looks sub standard but then that's only a handful of games i have watched

Last edited:
Dragon1 on FTL
"harrys been offered 1 year rolling deal but as ghost says is currently in uae seriously considering role there,as I've said his relationship with dl is pretty fudged"

Good luck to Chelsea, they can buy as many midfielders as they please, but until they replace drogba, they'll only go downhill

You can be absolutely sure that they will sign Falcao or Cavani (or something in that class) before the season starts

I dont buy into this " Torres is now our main striker " flimflam - they will sign a new world-class striker

Cavani apparently wants to stay in Naples. I actually fear they'd swoop for the Basque lion - lure him with the existinh spaniards, etc

Back