• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yep, you could well be right.

we should go for it now, slap down some decent money and really go for it.

we must have the wages of at least half a dozen players that we could move on to help pay his money.

Thing is, we have said this for last few windows but it's not proven easy to shift Jenas, Bentley, Dos Santos etc.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Everytime I see that I always think the Not serious part is to do with The Joker being in 'The Apprentice' or Nick Hewer in Batman movie.

There's probably only so many times you can go back to the 3 promoted championship teams each summer and offer Bentley lol.

You would imagine GDS would be a bit easier to shift seeing as he's Mexican/Brazilian and has already played in Spain and Turkey.

Thing is, we have said this for last few windows but it's not proven easy to shift Jenas, Bentley, Dos Santos etc.

i know, and i think the time has come to take what's on offer, whether it's ?ú2m or ?ú4m each or whatever... get rid, free up ?ú100k-?ú250k a week in wages (depending the total who go).

i know it's a loss at the end of the day, but i'd imagine all those you mentioned are paid for in full by now so it's not like we'd leave ourselves short for the installments (at a guess, of course)... that's my take on it.

Matt Jarvis was the PL player that delivered most accurate crosses. I'm surprised Liverpool isn't all over him.

Here's another fun stat:

Most goals from direct free-kicks in Europe's top 5 leagues this season: Barcelona 6, Sunderland 5, Betis/Malaga/Lille/Palermo/Brest 4

Players with most goals from direct free-kicks (top 5 leagues this season): Santi Cazorla/Be??at/Bruno Grougi 4, Seb Larsson/Lionel Messi 3

Jesus, give it a rest on Saha and Nelsen. FREE TRANSFERS WHO TEMPORARILY REPLACED PAV AND BASSONG AND WHO ARE NOW OUT OF CONTRACT. fudge me.

1 million % agree with this. When people try and criticise Redknapp signings they always refer to Nelson/Saha/Pienaar as if they were bought in to be first teamers. They were all short term cheap option SQUAD players to freshen things up, I remember reading somewhere Redknapp saying how Bassong and someone else had to go because they weren't giving out good vibes in training and that can affect squad morale.

So they left in January and we got in a couple of capable stop gaps with a fresh and positive mindset, big deal......

1 million % agree with this. When people try and criticise Redknapp signings they always refer to Nelson/Saha/Pienaar as if they were bought in to be first teamers. They were all short term cheap option SQUAD players to freshen things up, I remember reading somewhere Redknapp saying how Bassong and someone else had to go because they weren't giving out good vibes in training and that can affect squad morale.

So they left in January and we got in a couple of capable stop gaps with a fresh and positive mindset, big deal......

Couldn't agree more. I honestly don't see the problem with either signing.

John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot
Le Soir says Ajax & #thfc supposed to finalise Vertonghen's move this weekend but Spurs said to be upset, Ajax seem to be listening to #afc

John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot
Re Vertonghen, earlier post, guess Spurs tinkled off as thought deal done with Ajax. #afc #thfc

to be honest Levy should walk away if Ajax dont stop playing these games.....they have a player with one year left on the contract, it seems that Spurs have offered the most money so far, player wants to come to Spurs, Ajax are being cnuts....but then i guess Levy is also a cnut when teams come in to buy Tottenham players. serves him right then:)

Back