• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wolves have admitted some seats in the new ?ú18m Stan Cullis Stand will be taken off sale because half the Molineux pitch cannot be seen from them. "It's happened because we haven't gone ahead with the Steve Bull Stand redevelopment, otherwise the roof would have continued round," said club spokesman Matt Grayson.

AtcPqZ-CAAAopOQ.jpg

Tottenham are hopeful of tying up a ?ú9.6 million move for Jan Vertonghen next week as they edge closer to an agreement with Ajax.

The Sweeper has learned that the Dutch giants have now indicated they are ready to accept Spurs’ offer for their captain, with the two clubs now mainly discussing the structure of the proposed payments.

Vertonghen will be in London next week for Belgium’s game against England on June 2, and Spurs hope to be able to conduct a medical for the defender before Saturday’s match.

Tottenham are hopeful of tying up a ?ú9.6 million move for Jan Vertonghen next week as they edge closer to an agreement with Ajax.

The Sweeper has learned that the Dutch giants have now indicated they are ready to accept Spurs’ offer for their captain, with the two clubs now mainly discussing the structure of the proposed payments.

Vertonghen will be in London next week for Belgium’s game against England on June 2, and Spurs hope to be able to conduct a medical for the defender before Saturday’s match.

This is more like it. These next 7 days should hold the key. If he hasnt signed by the end of next weekend it will start to look bleak

"Sir Alex Ferguson's old friend Dave Whelan, the Wigan owner, has claimed the Manchester United manager, 70, will retire at the end of next season."

Mr whelan won't have any friends at the rate he is going The man can't keep a secret.

"Sir Alex Ferguson's old friend Dave Whelan, the Wigan owner, has claimed the Manchester United manager, 70, will retire at the end of next season."

Mr whelan won't have any friends at the rate he is going The man can't keep a secret.

The chairman version of Redknapp.

Some of it ain't even secrets, just fabrications.

Some ITK on the Vertonghen deal and other stuff... All the same bloke, probably (no, likely) copied from other ITK and media:

Vertonghen deal finally looking finished as Ajax have accepted a 9.6 Million offer #coys #yidarmy #thfc -- THFC News (@THFC_Rumours)

The news that Remy has been ruled out of the Euros could make his move to Tottenham a lot quicker #coys #thfc #yidarmy -- THFC News (@THFC_Rumours)

Demba Ba will not be offered a new contract, attracting interest from #thfc and #lfc -- THFC News (@THFC_Rumours)

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...tenham-finally-set-to-land-vertonghen-as-ajax

TOTTENHAM FINALLY SET TO LAND VERTONGHEN

Another ITK jumping on the Vert deal

@THFC_Rumours it is all done. Agents fees were the problem. Announcement wed/thur. #skysportsmark -- Mark Klendjian MBE (@2drivemark)

So, onto Llorente...

lost in the final of the UEFA, lost in the Cope Del Rey final, is manager's contract is up... do we think he might be ripe for a change after those disappointments and possible departure of his manager?

i'd hope so... and i'd break the bank to do it! \o/

i know it's a hackneyed old line, but by moving on the 'deadwood', almost for whatever we can get, would free up so much on wages, plus adding even just a few mil to the kitty could make it plausible, surely?!?

So, onto Llorente...

lost in the final of the UEFA, lost in the Cope Del Rey final, is manager's contract is up... do we think he might be ripe for a change after those disappointments and possible departure of his manager?

i'd hope so... and i'd break the bank to do it! \o/

i know it's a hackneyed old line, but by moving on the 'deadwood', almost for whatever we can get, would free up so much on wages, plus adding even just a few mil to the kitty could make it plausible, surely?!?

Sadly, I think that ship sailed long ago, mate - with the final nail being struck next month once he lines up as Spain's starting striker in their first 11. That would automatically add 10-15m to his price tag and blow his wages out of our range completely

Sadly, I think that ship sailed long ago, mate - with the final nail being struck next month once he lines up as Spain's starting striker in their first 11. That would automatically add 10-15m to his price tag and blow his wages out of our range completely

yep, you could well be right.

we should go for it now, slap down some decent money and really go for it.

we must have the wages of at least half a dozen players that we could move on to help pay his money.

Back