• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We know King and Gallas are on their death beds. We need a new defensive leader. Someone to marshal the defence, a strongman in front of a strong keeper. A Tony Adams, Alan Hansen, defensive legend.

So the question is, given that we are apparently just about to sign Vertonghen, is he the man?

I'd say no. Everyone compares him to Vermaelen, who I don't rate as a defender. He seems to be a decent tackler, and scores goals, but he falls over a lot and he has no positional sense whatsoever. He runs up the pitch into attack and leaves the barn door open. If Vertonghen is the same, well, GHod help us.

Vertonghen was player of the year in the Dutch League, but I'm not sure how much that counts for.

Has anyone here watched him consistently? Any Holland-based contributors who can shed light on whether he's the man to spearhead our defence for the next five years?

you are right though, i hadnt read your post...just your overreaction to someone asking you question

but reading i guess you're not really saying much here anyway aside that you think vermaelen is crap and positionally poor. which i find to be totally wrong personally

so you havent seen him , at least that bits answered....and you dont want him if he's like vermaelen cause you want a leader

what do you think of dawson

G'night bud. See ya araound, no? Our paths will cross again, I hope?

this cant be happening. is this really happening??

its like one of those online fantasy adventure games is rolling around in your head...its got to be....
TTID is that you? afan?

what was the name of the guy that coined the phrase "i'll end you" ..did we get his IP address?

seriously, dude, or dudette...you really need to grow up with this thing out of your system. even if you're young , you have to understand that this is an adult forum......just relax and stop trying to see 'aggression' where there is none. its like you're trying to prove something to us

Last edited:
you are right though, i hadnt read your post...just your overreaction to someone asking you question

but reading i guess you're not really saying much here anyway aside that you think vermaelen is crap and positionally poor. which i find to be totally wrong personally

so you havent seen him , at least that bits answered....and you dont want him if he's like vermaelen cause you want a leader

what do you think of dawson

Yes, you chose to attack me without reading my post. That is why I am preparing myself for the onslaught. Secure your windows.

Yes, you chose to attack me without reading my post. That is why I am preparing myself for the onslaught. Secure your windows.

hehe, i see now that you're not actually serious.

can you highlight the areas of my post where you feel i attacked you? the purpose of that is to know how to address you in the future without you feeling you're being ridiculed or patronised or whatever

and if i have actually truly said, in the views of most adults, anything thats worthy of being considered an attack...i'll apologise for it. right now i see nothing of the sort

Last edited:

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

hehe, i see now that you're not actually serious.

can you highlight the areas of my post where you feel i attacked you?

Dude, you were crapping your pants that I was creeping around under your windows. You really were. Get a grip. This is the internet. fudge me. I think I deserve an internet Gold Star for this one.

Dude, you were crapping your pants that I was creeping around under your windows. You really were. Get a grip. This is the internet. fudge me. I think I deserve an internet Gold Star for this one.

okay okay, i'll admit..you're kind of funny

but focus on the points you raised, you dont think we need a vermaelen? but do you think we already have someone here that can successfully carry out the role you're asking for? i.e what do you think of dawson?

and it would help me , and others for that matter, if you could highlight how you have felt attacked so that people can address you better (if they want)

Actually Totting Them Up, perhaps I was a bit harsh on you before when I asked about your age - apologies.

You are perhaps the new board hero - i'm just starting to get your humour. Bravo! =D>

okay okay, i'll admit..you're kind of funny

but focus on the points you raised, you dont think we need a vermaelen? but do you think we already have someone here that can successfully carry out the role you're asking for? i.e what do you think of dawson?

and it would help me , and others for that matter, if you could highlight how you have felt attacked so that people can address you better (if they want)

Buddy, the fact that you actually believed that I was kind of lurking underneath your windows like a big bad beastie makes this one of the best internet takes of all time. I can't save it myself for posterity - I hope someone else can. Your panic was a joy to me, a joy. Thank you.

I love you.

Buddy, the fact that you actually believed that I was kind of lurking underneath your windows like a big bad beastie makes this one of the best internet takes of all time. I can't save it myself for posterity - I hope someone else can. Your panic was a joy to me, a joy. Thank you.

I love you.
I once saw a video of a kitten playing with a ball of yarn that was great. Check that one out. It's obviously not quite as good as yours but it's very engaging and is beautifully shot.

I once saw a video of a kitten playing with a ball of yarn that was great. Check that one out. It's obviously not quite as good as yours but it's very engaging and is beautifully shot.

We, this evening, have been participants in the internet at its wonderful best. Thank you, africanspurs. We are your fans.

Back