• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He and Taylor (their CB) had a disagreement in training so Carroll punched him - put him into hospital with a broken jaw and took a long time to recover.

There is plenty of record of him drinking to all hours (even while at Liverpool)

He spent time living at Nolans house - cant remember why - and causing trouble there as well.

Basically he seems to be a stupid, classless oik who has destructive/self destructive tendencies with little regard for consequence.

While I think he is a decent player (and much under rater / over slagged off as a footballer for sure) who would do an effective job in our side I just cant bring myself to condone the baggage that would appear to come with him.

Oh, is that one of the injuries Taylor was suffering with!? That's shocking... reminds me of when Barton stubbed a cigarette out in Ousemane Dabo's eye while at Emirates Marketing Project.

Living with Nolan was something discipline-related too, Nolan was meant to act as a senior player and mentor him. I think it worked, but Nolan was just not the right role model! I remember them bringing a load of coked-up girls back after a heavy night haha.

I do still partly agree with Arc, I think as players mature this sort of stuff calms down. Obviously there are some players who just never grow out of it, but if we only had 1 first team striker at the start of the season, I wouldn't mind us going in for him (at a reasonable price). As it stands we may in fact have 0! The football team comes first - what we can put on the pitch. If Carroll is distinctly better than what we have, and we can't find anyone better, we need to sign him in order to stay competitive in the league. At the moment Carroll would be our first choice striker. I don't think he's good enough for that, but that is a mark of how ill-suited our strikers are to our system. We need to sign 2 strikers.

For the record I think Bale was mediocre up front in the first half against NY. I know it was the first game there of his professional career, but he didn't look comfortable with his back to goal and didn't use his body well in protecting the ball under pressure, while he also really lacked aggression in these encounters. He is a much more direct player than that, it's his power and balance, exhibiting strength at speed, along with the stamina to run all game that makes him a physical asset, not his outright strength when holding up the ball. Definitely an interesting option, and it will be worth our while getting him used to that role over time, but we simply cannot rely on him to play there at the moment.

Here's the list of scorer's from positions 6-15 in Spain last year (1-5 are truly unrealistic)

17 Fernando Llorente Athletic Bilbao
17 Roberto Soldado Valencia
16 Ruben Castro Martin Betis
15 Arouna Kone Levante
15 Michu Rayo Vallecano
13 Alvaro Negredo Sevilla
12 Alexis Sanchez Barcelona
12 Miku Getafe
12 Carlos Vela Real Sociedad
11 Salomon Rondon Malaga

There's a few on this list I haven't a clue about. Besides the obvious choices, Llorente, Sanchez and Soldado, would any of the others be deemed worthy as backup to Ade?

Michu has gone to Swansea, Carlos Vela? I bloody hope not. Rondon and Kone have been linked to PL clubs.

Llorente earns around a third of what we could realstically offer him, imv. Bilbao are also building a new stadium and a large cash offer could swing the deal, who knows. All down to the player's willingness to leave Spain, or better yet Bilbao where he's very much regarded as a king-man.

Our ideal signing, no doubt - The LION!

Why would any of those be unrealistic apart from Soldado? Bilbao have this mythic quality to them, but if someone comes with money, they'll think about it. As for players like Kone, I wouldn't go near him, what makes him unrealistic?

If Levy actually offered their value, we could probably buy any of those apart from Soldado, maybe even him. Problem is, Levy offers 75% of worth over 5 year installments!

The unrealistic ones aren't listed. Messi, Ronaldo and whoever.

Why would any of those be unrealistic apart from Soldado? Bilbao have this mythic quality to them, but if someone comes with money, they'll think about it. As for players like Kone, I wouldn't go near him, what makes him unrealistic?

If Levy actually offered their value, we could probably buy any of those apart from Soldado, maybe even him. Problem is, Levy offers 75% of worth over 5 year installments!

You think Alexis Sanchez is gettable but Soldado isn't?

However, Carroll in particular has displayed behaviour much worse than those guys ever have - I would want a lot more confidence in his future conduct and dont think "Give him a chance" is really the level of confidence I would like to see before agreeing a multi million pound commitment

When was the last time he punched a team-mate?

I think they meant that the top 5 scorers were omitted from their list (Messi, Ronaldo, Benzema, etc.) because they are truly unrealistic.

Here's the list of scorer's from positions 6-15 in Spain last year (1-5 are truly unrealistic)

17 Fernando Llorente Athletic Bilbao
17 Roberto Soldado Valencia
16 Ruben Castro Martin Betis
15 Arouna Kone Levante
15 Michu Rayo Vallecano
13 Alvaro Negredo Sevilla
12 Alexis Sanchez Barcelona
12 Miku Getafe
12 Carlos Vela Real Sociedad
11 Salomon Rondon Malaga

There's a few on this list I haven't a clue about. Besides the obvious choices, Llorente, Sanchez and Soldado, would any of the others be deemed worthy as backup to Ade?

Negredo would excellent competition for him.

Llorente earns around a third of what we could realstically offer him, imv. Bilbao are also building a new stadium and a large cash offer could swing the deal, who knows. All down to the player's willingness to leave Spain, or better yet Bilbao where he's very much regarded as a king-man.

Our ideal signing, no doubt - The LION!

snoop-dogg-snoop-lion.jpg

I guarantee that we have atleast made an enquiry into Carroll. I will also guarantee that come 31st August we will have signed him on loan. There is no two ways about it.

I dont give a brick what AVB says I dont give a brick about what anyone says about us not wanting him or not interested with etc I will put a fiver on it with anyone. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I have never been so sure in my life even when I walked into a brothel with a grand in my pocket and was sure I was gonna get laid.

I think he meant he's left out the top 1-5 goal scorers from the list - as they're unrealistic.

Oh, is that one of the injuries Taylor was suffering with!? That's shocking... reminds me of when Barton stubbed a cigarette out in Ousemane Dabo's eye while at Emirates Marketing Project.

Living with Nolan was something discipline-related too, Nolan was meant to act as a senior player and mentor him. I think it worked, but Nolan was just not the right role model! I remember them bringing a load of coked-up girls back after a heavy night haha.

I do still partly agree with Arc, I think as players mature this sort of stuff calms down. Obviously there are some players who just never grow out of it, but if we only had 1 first team striker at the start of the season, I wouldn't mind us going in for him (at a reasonable price). As it stands we may in fact have 0! The football team comes first - what we can put on the pitch. If Carroll is distinctly better than what we have, and we can't find anyone better, we need to sign him in order to stay competitive in the league. At the moment Carroll would be our first choice striker. I don't think he's good enough for that, but that is a mark of how ill-suited our strikers are to our system. We need to sign 2 strikers.

I dont disagree with your assesment, he would certainly be our #1 striker at this point in time. I actually think he is a decent striker. I would just hope we wouldnt need to resort to a gamble on him come the end of the window. And by gamble I am exclusively referring to concerns over his attitude/effect on the team.

Can you do the same for Germany and Italy.. I like this game!

Why the hell not. It beats working anyway.

Goals Player Club
29 Klaas Jan Huntelaar Schalke 04
26 Mario Gomez Bayern Munich
22 Robert Lewandowski Borussia Dortmund
18 Marco Reus Borussia Monchengladbach
18 Lukas Podolski FC Cun.t
18 Claudio Pizarro Werder Bremen
17 Martin Harnik VfB Stuttgart
16 Stefan Kiessling Bayer Leverkusen
15 Raul Schalke 04
13 Shinji Kagawa Howard Webb FC
13 Vedad Ibisevic VfB Stuttgart
12 Arjen Robben Bayern Munich
12 Franck Ribéry Bayern Munich
12 Mario Mandzukic Wolfsburg
12 Patrick Helmes Wolfsburg

Goals Player Club
28 Zlatan Ibrahimovic Oil
24 Diego Milito Inter
23 Édinson Cavani SSC Napoli
23 Antonio Di Natale Udinese
19 Rodrigo Palacio Genoa
16 German Denis Atalanta
16 Fabrizio Miccoli Palermo
15 Sebastian Giovinco Parma
14 Stevan Jovetic Fiorentina
12 Miroslav Klose Lazio
12 Mattia Destro Siena
11 David Di Michele Lecce
11 Marco Rigoni Novara
11 Pablo Osvaldo Roma
11 Emanuele Calaio Siena

I think they meant that the top 5 scorers were omitted from their list (Messi, Ronaldo, Benzema, etc.) because they are truly unrealistic.

Ah, got ya. Thought he was saying the top 5 of his list were unrealistic... The world in which we cannot attract and buy Arouna Koné is the day Spurs is dead as a club!

Back