• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
'It will take £40million to prise Luka Modric away from Tottenham, Press Association Sport understands.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...m-7962088.html

Looks like the price is going up.. :lol:

More importantly..

The Brazilian defender supposedly posted on Facebook his disappointment at the Tottenham boss for meeting his club-mate Hulk at the Olympic team's hotel.

However, Danilo has quickly moved to clear up the situation and denied making the comments on former Porto boss Villas-Boas.

"Various Portuguese media reported something I supposedly said, criticising the visit of former FC Porto technician Andre Villas-Boas of Hulk at the hotel to the Brazilian team!," he posted. "For clarification, I DO NOT USE FACEBOOK!

"I admire the work of the Villas-Boas and do not see any problem in paying a visit to a friend with whom he worked and was very successful! #clarification"

Might not be such a good thing for us..

If Liverpool and Arsenal are in the hunt for 'new striker' it'll just make it that much harder to find one of our own...

Arsenal? They've already bought some, plus seem to only buy when absolutely squeezed. They don't seem so good at buying strikers in a rush.
Liverpool? Pah! If we could hijack Siggy, we can hijack any of their striker targets (that is, assuming they can get Carrol off their squad list first)

Might not be such a good thing for us..

If Liverpool and Arsenal are in the hunt for 'new striker' it'll just make it that much harder to find one of our own...

I think that Arsenal have done their spending on strikers this summer and pretty underwhelming it was too.

And Liverpool are likely to be massively out of pocket if they sell Saurez and Carroll and I can't see FSG dipping into their pockets again after getting burnt by Comolli and Dalglish last time. I think that Rodgers will have to work with the funds that he can generate.

I think that Arsenal have done their spending on strikers this summer and pretty underwhelming it was too.

And Liverpool are likely to be massively out of pocket if they sell Saurez and Carroll and I can't see FSG dipping into their pockets again after getting burnt by Comolli and Dalglish last time. I think that Rodgers will have to work with the funds that he can generate.

Can you elaborate more on why you say this? Don't agree or disagree, just curious as to why you think they are underwhelming and why you think they will not succeed at Arsenal (I assume this is what you mean)

The selling of Suarez and Carroll would generate maybe 30-35m.. That's enough to start a bidding war..

Can you elaborate more on why you say this? Don't agree or disagree, just curious as to why you think they are underwhelming and why you think they will not succeed at Arsenal (I assume this is what you mean)

Replacing a top striker in RVP with a relatively unproven french youngster and an older german player who wasn't good enough in the bundesleague (sp?)...

Underwhelming to say the least..

Edit: Imo there are very few Strikers that can possibly come in and 'replace' Rvp. He was just that good for them.

Last edited:
Back