• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tbf that article is a simple round up....but a Portuguese journo did tweet that Lewandowski was AVB's number one striker target. Imo there is something there and time will tell guess

It's just the phrases they use.

According to reports Manchester United target Robert Lewandowski is interesting Tottenham Hotspur.

The London Evening Standard claims Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is eyeing the Borussia Dortmund striker.

It is understood that Villas-Boas would like to bring in two forwards in this transfer window.

Lewandowski is thought to have been the first choice but he may be too costly for the White Hart Lane club.

Just read a transfer round up:

"Luka Modric took a step closer to quitting Tottenham yesterday after talks with new boss Andrew Villas-Boas."

Gotta love the Daily Star!!!

Ive been extremely disappointed with Pienaar since we brought him in. I thought he would be so much better than he was.

Since AVB came onboard I did immediately think though that Pienaar could be just the sort of player he would like.

Will be interesting to see how he goes now...

@therealstevenpi
Official Twitter Page of Everton and South Africa National Team Captain Steven Pienaar

Think that tells you how much he wants to play for Spurs.

You just stated categorically "Moutinho will be too expensive, we really need to accept this and move onto more affordable targets" as though it is fact. Is it a fact or is it now a hunch?

In business terms the simple equation Modric - Moutinho = Profit should illustrate that while its a lot of money it doesnt mean its not the sort of decision a 'business man' would make.

I do appreciate it looks as though Moutinho will be very expensive. And his reported price is somewhere above where I would consider his 'true' value to be. That said, I believe a players REAL value is whatever the buying club are willing to pay to get his services. It represents what he is worth to them.

What is his worth to us?

Personally I think he is a fabulous player. I do believe he is one of few able to replace Modric in our side without us losing quality in the process - no mean feat. I also believe his signing could be the single biggest chance AVB has of a successfull career with us. A midfielder (key position), of high class, who already knows EXACTLY how to play the AVB way? Given that we are to transition into a new playing style thats possibly priceless right now.

Its a very good chance with Moutinho we can hit the ground running, that AVB can establish his authority/position as THFC Manager and avoid he pitfalls of a shaky start.

Also, as a club our ambitions are to aim high - to target regular CL football. We have sacked an established and successful manager and brought in a new one whom we believe will improve us further. We have to back this man, at the very least initially, and give him the tools he requires to do his job.

Totally agree. Modric for Moutinho and £5m+ profit is a cracking deal. It doesn't matter what the respective prices are.

Moutinho, Sahin and Cabaye are about the only potentially obtainable players out there who could replace Modric, and Moutinho's link to AVB makes him by far the outstanding candidate.

Anything less will be like replacing Carrick with Zokora, or Berbatov with Crouch, again

Totally agree. Modric for Moutinho and £5m+ profit is a cracking deal. It doesn't matter what the respective prices are.

Moutinho, Sahin and Cabaye are about the only potentially obtainable players out there who could replace Modric, and Moutinho's link to AVB makes him by far the outstanding candidate.

Anything less will be like replacing Carrick with Zokora, or Berbatov with Crouch, again

I'm not so sure. I think that Modric is a little better than Moutinho and I'm not sure that there is a profit to be made on Moutinho in the future. But if AVB wants him and we can afford him, we should bring him in.

Ive been extremely disappointed with Pienaar since we brought him in. I thought he would be so much better than he was.

Since AVB came onboard I did immediately think though that Pienaar could be just the sort of player he would like.

Will be interesting to see how he goes now...

Pienaar has been absolutely awful for Spurs in all but one match. If the quotes about Everton having no money are correct (which does ring true) then I'll be disappointed, to be honest, as I thought we were about to get shot of him.

Pienaar has been absolutely awful for Spurs in all but one match. If the quotes about Everton having no money are correct (which does ring true) then I'll be disappointed, to be honest, as I thought we were about to get shot of him.

The Baines to United talk have gone quiet. Think that's the only way they're going to have some money to spend.

How I rate Hulk has nothing to do with my POV here at all, so stop trying to attribute that to me straight away.

I appreciate people meet up in a friendly manner. Ive already stated Im happy to believe it is perfectly innocent.

That is besides the point. AS A MANAGER Villas Boas has a responsibility to conduct himself in a manner befitting his position.

So much damage can be done if this situation was taken the wrong way - whether it was innocent or not has no bearing on it - its PR, it relations, professionalism.

Im guessing we want to keep good relations with Porto considering their midfield start is supposed to be our priority target. Porto could well take this situation the wrong way - thats not good...

Really, mate, I think you are underestimating the intelligence of the Porto president. I dare say that he isn't so childish and petulant as to get the hump with Spurs about this unless we suddenly show an interest in Hulk.

The Baines to United talk have gone quiet. Think that's the only way they're going to have some money to spend.

I spotted this on the guardian website, so might be life in the old dog yet.

Spartak Moscow may resurrect their failed January swoop for Everton's Johnny Heitinga, and with Joseph Yobo close to a £2.5m Fenerbahce switch there may suddenly be enough money in the Goodison Park safe for Steven Pienaar to be re-signed (though that may leave them a bit short on defenders).

Back