• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I rate Sturridge highly still but i do agree that he's too greedy to be a long term success playing on the right of a 3. Partner him up with someone like Ade in a formation that consists of 2 strikers and he'd be dynamite (but i don't want to see us switch to 4-4-2 so forget it).

He's a natural striker who's been force-moulded into a wide forward since that's the only position available at Chelsea

I'm guessing Rodgers would opt for a similar deplyoment (not his optimum, imv)

Carrol

Suarez -- Sturridge

Henderson -- Lucas -- Gerrard

I don't think that he has the qualities to lead the line. He is suited to playing off a striker in 4-3-3 but we do not have the players for this formation. He's an ok player but not one that we need.

I don't think that he has the qualities to lead the line. He is suited to playing off a striker in 4-3-3 but we do not have the players for this formation. He's an ok player but not one that we need.

Does this mean playing wide right of a 3?

His best form was at Bolton in a 4-4-2. He was then offered a position out wide at Chelsea or back out on loan.

I think for us he'd play up top with Rafa or Defoe in our classic 4-4-2 with 2 wide man. Alternatively - he could cover the wings if need be

What's the latest dudes. In turkey sunning it up for 2 weeks and haven't checked any news. We any closer to actually signing Vertonghen and what's happening with Modders????

Someone put their neck on the line recently with this saying he will be announced June 1st... hoping it gets done before that tho so we can concentrate on our striker situation (something we fail to significantly strengthen year in year out since Berba left)

Vertonghen will be a brilliant signing for Tottenham' - Ajax star Christian Eriksen
The Ajax captain is set to move to White Hart Lane this summer and the Danish striker feels his club-mate has outgrown the Dutch league

Jun 10, 2012 11:14:00 AM

Greg Stobart
Based in Kharkiv

Ajax playmaker Christian Eriksen is confident Jan Vertonghen will be a ‘brilliant signing’ for Tottenham and says the defender has outgrown the Dutch league.

Vertonghen, the Ajax captain, is expected to move to Spurs this summer although the two clubs are yet to reach an agreement on a transfer fee.

The 24-year-old has one year left on his Ajax contract and has urged the club to lower their €15 million (?ú12m) valuation, with all parties confident that the transfer will be completed.

Eriksen, who is currently playing for Denmark at Euro 2012, feels Vertonghen will be an excellent addition for Spurs and will have no problem adapting to the Premier League.

“He is a brilliant signing for Tottenham and a really, really good player,” Eriksen told Goal.com. “He is too good for the Dutch league now. It’s too easy for him and it’s the right time for him to leave.

“He is the best player in Holland and has all the skills that will make him a success in the Premier League. He is good with and without the ball, he is physically strong and he’s a leader for the team.

“From what I see, Tottenham like to play good football so I think he will be a perfect signing for them. I know there was interest from other clubs but he made up his mind.

“I’m sad to see him leave Ajax but it’s a good transfer for him.”

His best form was at Bolton in a 4-4-2. He was then offered a position out wide at Chelsea or back out on loan.

I think for us he'd play up top with Rafa or Defoe in our classic 4-4-2 with 2 wide man. Alternatively - he could cover the wings if need be

I don't think that he would be very effective playing ahead of VdV. He would be playing up front on his own most of the time, this requires selflessness and chasing a lot of lost causes and I do not think this suits his game.

Cheers fellas. Haven't missed anything then. Read an article saying 'united beat Chelsea to Modric 25m signing' feared the worst and then it said that united are entering the race for him, fcuking journalism at its best. Idiots

i dont think i want sturridge anymore...i think for a wing forward he is extremely selfish and lacks vision.

but as a squad player? why not

Sturridge doesn't want to play on wing, he wants to play centrally. A lot of these overpaid tacos really fail to understand the concept of a team sport.

Why do people keep suggesting players as squad players when they're already at a bigger club earning more money as a squad player?!

Vertonghen will be a brilliant signing for Tottenham' - Ajax star Christian Eriksen
The Ajax captain is set to move to White Hart Lane this summer and the Danish striker feels his club-mate has outgrown the Dutch league

Greg Stobart
Based in Kharkiv

Ajax playmaker Christian Eriksen is confident Jan Vertonghen will be a ‘brilliant signing’ for Tottenham and says the defender has outgrown the Dutch league.

Vertonghen, the Ajax captain, is expected to move to Spurs this summer although the two clubs are yet to reach an agreement on a transfer fee.

The 24-year-old has one year left on his Ajax contract and has urged the club to lower their €15 million (?ú12m) valuation, with all parties confident that the transfer will be completed.

Eriksen, who is currently playing for Denmark at Euro 2012, feels Vertonghen will be an excellent addition for Spurs and will have no problem adapting to the Premier League.

“He is a brilliant signing for Tottenham and a really, really good player,” Eriksen told Goal.com. “He is too good for the Dutch league now. It’s too easy for him and it’s the right time for him to leave.

“He is the best player in Holland and has all the skills that will make him a success in the Premier League. He is good with and without the ball, he is physically strong and he’s a leader for the team.

“From what I see, Tottenham like to play good football so I think he will be a perfect signing for them. I know there was interest from other clubs but he made up his mind.

Good lad Eriksen. You can join as well, if you want...

Greg Stobart
Based in Kharkiv

That makes him sound like he (Eriksen) would be receptive to a bid

"Also asked him whether he might join Vertonghen at Spurs one day. He said 'maybe"'

Redknapp said yesterday that whilst watching Ajax, Eriksen was not a player he was looking at. So Vertonghen and brick de Jong it is then

Back