• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

How the fudge can time run out. How long was the transfer window?

Well it can if you leave things late. Always going to risk things falling apart, but maybe leaving it late was the only way a realistic compromise could be met. Unfortunately in this case it does not seem like it worked.

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Why would they spend all day negotiating, and then apply for the extension, and then give up an hour before the extension is supposed to end? Don't understand that.

I also don't understand, if there is a room with Levy, AVB, Zahavi, Cullen, Collecot, Eales...how the hell does anyone know they are giving up? Surely all the time is spent in that room sorting the deal out?

It really wasnt a timing issue. if anything a deadline helps to focus the mind and sharpen the negotiations. if we couldnt do it, we just couldnt reach the necessary agreement with the club or the player or both.

Why would they spend all day negotiating, and then apply for the extension, and then give up an hour before the extension is supposed to end? Don't understand that.

I also don't understand, if there is a room with Levy, AVB, Zahavi, Cullen, Collecot, Eales...how the hell does anyone know they are giving up? Surely all the time is spent in that room sorting the deal out?

The extension stuff was probably just hoax.

Not sure, all very unclear. Perhaps they worked late on Moutinho deal, that didn't come off and extension was really for Kane deal? Really do not know and doubt we will find out.

Can't we just have Porto terminate his contract & we send them a £20m donation out of pure kindness?

If there is any truth in the extension story I suppose the most likely scenario is Porto tried to raise the price or the player himself did a Michael Bridges

It really wasnt a timing issue. if anything a deadline helps to focus the mind and sharpen the negotiations. if we couldnt do it, we just couldnt reach the necessary agreement with the club or the player or both.

A deadline can do that, but as many many negotiations have shown it can also lead to collapse. But truth is we don't know so none of us can say for sure it was not about timing or whatever. Just a confused picture.

If there is any truth in the extension story I suppose the most likely scenario is Porto tried to raise the price or the player himself did a Michael Bridges

Thing is to get an extension that would imply the agreements were in place, just the documentation was not?

Well thats my deadline. Off to bed now peeps. Its been fun and exciting. And really not too bad all things considered.

Nite nite all

Time out. Now time to wait

So the extension was to allow norwich to sign Harry Kane.

Bed time

That's it. No more transfer talk for a while, which is a bit of a relief. Looking forward to the game tomorrow. COYS! Gooooodnite.

Assuming the extension was for Moutinho and not Kane..

Exactly. As I said few posts above, it could be we failed to complete Moutinho deal (for whatever reason) and extension was in fact about Kane.

am I the only one not that impressed by the yellow top, covers way too much for my liking!

Back