• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sky sources understand that Bayern Munich are interested in signing Emirates Marketing Project striker Edin Dzeko.

Who: Akqayid
When: 29th May
Where: SC

This whole Friday thing.....

As I said at the weekend. He's on thin ice, he's been talking to them again, and some others (UAE for example). But seems all pre-emptive.

I've just text my man and the rePly was (insert cut and paste here).....

'Friday? DL must have made his move. I'll find out more tomorrow with some of the England lads at training'

My guess it's Chelsea, if he does go. Hazard met with HR over xmas, this know. Adding some things in there, such as nephew, previous talks, links, RDM current situation.... It may be 2+2=5 but Watch the odds. UAE v Chelsea... Deep down you know who he'd pick? Do we?

Leighton Baines - "Of course the links with Manchester United are flattering, they are a great club, but I'm at a club that I love"

"I've been at the club 5 years and know first hand what this club means to people, it would be very hard to leave"

Manchester United have agreed a Ôé¼15 million deal for Japan midfielder Shinji Kagawa, according to reports in Germany

Manchester United have agreed a €15 million deal for Japan midfielder Shinji Kagawa, according to reports in Germany
I always knew this would happen - yet i'm still sad. Kagawa is the one player I would sign more than any other. The kid makes things happen around the last third and will attack the box head on. Something THFC has lacked for a while. Staying with Dortmound, we should look at Boyd - USA's newest international. JK is very very high on him and knows that he'll never get a shot at BVB in the next few years. Raw but is a big fast kid that can score.

Who: JJetset
When: 29th May

On Fazza telling people he thinks JJetset is actually Jenas (insert fudging huge rolling eyes smiley here)

JJetset said: ↑
Ha ha do you think I would be on this site still if I was Jenas?!!!

No legs in the H to Chelsea story either.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Emirates Marketing Project could be about to flex their financial muscle by making a bid for Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder, 27.

Full story: talkSPORT

Manchester United are reportedly close to agreeing a ?ú12m deal for Borussia Dortmund's 23-year-old midfielder Shinji Kagawa.

Full story: Metro
Emirates Marketing Project's Adam Johnson

Manchester United are keen on winger Adam Johnson

Manchester United have made initial enquiries about the availability of Emirates Marketing Project's 24-year-old winger Adam Johnson.

Full story: Caught offside

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill is also keen on Johnson and wants to give him the chance to rekindle his England career.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Manchester United and Emirates Marketing Project both have their eye on Patinkle Cisse, who scored 13 times in 14 games after joining Saudi Sportswashing Machine in January.

West Ham are pressing ahead with their bid to sign Jussi Jaaskelainen, 37, as rivals for his signature West Brom continue to search for a manager.

Full story: Daily Mail

Rennes have told both Arsenal and Inter Milan they can forget about signing 21-year-old Yann M'Vila until after Euro 2012, with the want-away midfielder likely to attract more offers whilst in the shop window.

Real Madrid sensation Joselu, 22, could start a transfer battle this summer with six Premier League clubs desperate for his signature.

Everton are looking to lure Benfica forward Oscar Cardozo, 29, to Goodison Park this summer.

Full story: Caught offside

Andy Johnson could be the next big name to swap the Premier League for the Pro League after the Fulham striker's agent confirmed there is interest in the player from the UAE.

Full story: Sport360

Liverpool will have to act fast in a battle with Galatasaray if they want to resurrect their interest in Real Madrid's 29-year-old midfielder Hamit Altintop.

Ledley King becomes a free agent next month but is set to be offered as new 12-month contract at Tottenham when he sits down for crunch talks this week.

OTHER GOSSIP

Liverpool are hopeful of unveiling Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers as their new boss and Louis van Gaal as their director of football within days.

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez

Roberto Martinez to consider Aston Villa job

With Liverpool cooling towards Roberto Martinez, the Wigan boss has let it be known he'll consider the Aston Villa job.

Brian McDermott is set for a ?ú15m transfer kitty after the takeover of Reading by Russian tycoon Anton Zingarevich was confirmed

Phil Jones is likely to get another chance to establish himself as England's first-choice right-back going into Euro 2012, as Roy Hodgson rates Glen Johnson a considerable doubt for Saturday's friendly against Belgium.

Full story: the Guardian

Martin Jol is making sure his Fulham squad don't enjoy an easy summer by sending his coaching staff to check on their fitness.

AND FINALLY

England fans will be hoping Andy Carroll is better suited to international football than he is schoolyard games, after the Liverpool striker failed to complete 60 seconds of 'the yes/no game'.

The Sun

ÔÇó Pep Guardiola wants a face-to-face meeting with Roman Abramovich before deciding whether or not to become the Chelsea manager.
ÔÇó Swansea last night gave Liverpool permission to speak to Brendan Rodgers.
ÔÇó Schalke will bid ?ú12m for Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart.
ÔÇó Ralf Rangnick is a shock contender to take over at West Brom after Birmingham rejected their approach for Chris Hughton.
ÔÇó Reading will have a ?ú15m transfer kitty after the club's Russian takeover was confirmed.
ÔÇó QPR are ready to lure Robert Green across London with a ?ú2.5m-a-year offer.
ÔÇó Adam Johnson could quit Emirates Marketing Project after missing out on a place at Euro 2012.
ÔÇó Portsmouth defender Joel Ward has signed a four-year deal with Crystal Palace.
ÔÇó Swansea are set to step up their summer spending with a ?ú3m bid for Bristol City's Albert Adomah.
ÔÇó Steve Simonsen has been axed by Sheffield United.
ÔÇó Manchester United are close to finalising a deal for Borussia Dortmund's Shinji Kagawa.
ÔÇó Ian Holloway has been promised Blackpool will not stand in his way if a Premier League team comes calling.
ÔÇó Everton want ?ú2m-rated Peterborough striker Paul Taylor.
ÔÇó Fulham are back on the trail of FC Twente striker Nacer Chadli.

Daily Mirror

ÔÇó Brendan Rodgers is close to sealing a deal to become the new Liverpool boss.
ÔÇó Alan Pardew is facing a battle to keep Patinkle Cisse at Saudi Sportswashing Machine this summer.
ÔÇó Tottenham will offer Ledley King a one-year, pay-as-you-play deal.
ÔÇó Birmingham have rejected West Brom's approach for their boss Chris Hughton.
ÔÇó Sunderland's Martin O'Neill wants to offer Emirates Marketing Project's Adam Johnson the chance to rekindle his career.
ÔÇó Sheffield Wednesday have made an ?ú850,000 double swoop for Derby striker Chris Maguire and Portuguese under-21 midfielder Dioga Amada.
ÔÇó West Ham want to sign veteran Bolton 'keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen.
ÔÇó Blackpool have promised Ian Holloway they will not stand in his way if a bigger club comes calling.
ÔÇó Manchester United are closing in on Shinji Kagawa after missing out on Eden Hazard. They have also made a ?ú5m bid for Crewe's Nick Powell.

DailyRecord.co.uk

ÔÇó Rangers administrators Duff & Phelps have run up a ?ú5m bill at Ibrox.
ÔÇó The SFA have threatened to shut down Rangers for good after the club's administrators backed them into a corner in the Court of Session.
ÔÇó Maurice Edu has insisted he could not walk out on Rangers.
ÔÇó Matt Lockwood has pledged his future to Dundee United.

Daily Mail

ÔÇó Chelsea face a fight with Real Madrid to sign Porto striker Hulk.
ÔÇó Ralf Rangnick has emerged as the favourite to succeed Roy Hodgson at West Brom.
ÔÇó Saudi Sportswashing Machine scouts watched France right-back Mathieu Debouchy on Sunday.
ÔÇó Manchester United are closing in on a ?ú17m deal for Shinji Kagawa.
ÔÇó Preston have made John Mousinho their 11th signing of the summer.
ÔÇó Middlesbrough have completed the signing of ex-Ipswich midfielder Grant Leadbitter on a three-year deal.

Daily Express

ÔÇó Liverpool were last night closing in on appointing Brendan Rodgers as their new boss.
ÔÇó Manchester United will swoop for Shinji Kagawa in a deal worth up to ?ú20m.
ÔÇó Sunderland want Adam Johnson - if Emirates Marketing Project will stump up ?ú40,000-a-week for the privilege.
ÔÇó Fulham have had a ?ú3.5m bid for Huddersfield's Jordan Rhodes rejected and are set to up it to ?ú5m.
ÔÇó Alan Pardew may have to admit defeat in his bid to land ?ú7m-rated defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

Daily Star

ÔÇó Shinji Kagawa is heading to Manchester United in a deal worth up to ?ú20m.
ÔÇó Liverpool want to appoint Brendan Rodgers as their new boss by the end of the week.
ÔÇó Ralf Rangnick is a shock contender to take over at West Brom.
ÔÇó Southampton will smash their transfer record by signing Burnley striker Jay Rodriguez for ?ú7m.
ÔÇó Bolton will have to pay ?ú1.5m for Crawley defender Kyle McFadzean.
ÔÇó Leeds are in talks with an unnamed group of investors over a takeover.
ÔÇó Everton are ready to battle Ipswich, West Brom and Reading for Peterborough striker Paul Taylor.

Who: Rebrab (nothing but a summary of what others have been saying :rolleyes:)
When: 30th May

Vert is go

also, everton have offered pretty much what we want for Pienaar and he only wants them so that should be done soon-ish.

Leandro won't happen unless Inter seriously reduce their demands. From chinese whispers they were convinced they'd be getting offered bucketloads for him and it hasn't happened, we're not convinced.

My first and probably only update of the summer, i hope it's sufficient. Also, Swansea haven't put a bid in for gio... (at least, not yet)

Leighton Baines - "Of course the links with Manchester United are flattering, they are a great club, but I'm at a club that I love"

"I've been at the club 5 years and know first hand what this club means to people, it would be very hard to leave"

I know that Everton's style of football is not everybody's cup of tea but Moyes must be popular with his players because you don't see many that are in a rush to leave and there must be a few there that are of interest to other clubs.

I don't think that is sufficient. No flair, no imagination, completely lacking in creativity. A disappointing effort all round.

ryantegan

No truth in Dubai link

They offered him the world before. A new house, stupid money home leave every 2 weeks. But he just aint interested.

The guy in charge of Al whatever me bob has not been paid for 7 months anyhow. harry thinks its all hot air.

He wants to stay at Spurs

More importantly, Harry has big issues with foxes in his garden. They are tinkling off his dogs. Even spoke about shooting them! Thats a bit harsh

In all honesty, I know the VDV rumour is bollox most likely but if it's true, I'd snap Schalke's arm off for ?ú12m.

We'll never get better money for him. I like VDV alot, his passion etc. but I think without him, we'd allow a better system, could use the wages and that money for two new strikers, someone like Eriksen too perhaps etc.

No manager will come in and be allowed to rebuild the squad. He will be expected to work with what's there, but will of course be involved in discussions on future targets.

Unless we poach someone like Allardyce, what manager would NEED to rebuild the squad? Its a quality squad, any new manager need only strengthen in certain areas.

In all honesty, I know the VDV rumour is bollox most likely but if it's true, I'd snap Schalke's arm off for ?ú12m.

We'll never get better money for him. I like VDV alot, his passion etc. but I think without him, we'd allow a better system, could use the wages and that money for two new strikers, someone like Eriksen too perhaps etc.

You want to sell our best player, when fit, for ?ú12m?

Eh? 12 million for one of our best payers over the last few seasons and one of a very few who genuinely seem to give a fudge about the club? Sorry mate, you're a mentalist!!!

A better player?

I think you need to take some time and re-cap on his achievements, abilities, passion, experience for the club and then tell me if you think we could get a better player than him

You want to sell our best player on the assumption we'd buy 2 strikers or some unproven kid from Ajax? No, thanks

WTF

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...halke-eye-12million-Rafael-van-der-Vaart.html

GERMAN giants Schalke will bid ?ú12million for TottenhamÔÇÖs Rafael van der Vaart.

The ex-Real Madrid ace is top of the Bundesliga clubÔÇÖs summer wishlist after their star striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar demanded they sign his Dutch pal.

Huntelaar has been offered a new deal to stay but refused to commit his future to Schalke unless they pursued the Tottenham hitman.

Schalke are prepared to pay Van der Vaart in excess of ?ú100,000 a week.

Van der Vaart, 29, has become disillusioned at White Hart Lane after frequently being substituted by boss Harry Redknapp after 70 minutes.

And his wife Sylvie is spending four days a week out of the country.

Is this Paul Smith a big fat fooking trumper, notice people not able to comment on this piece of flimflam.

WALOB however if huntelaar is desperate to play with rafa let's bring him to spurs!

Back