• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Disgusting really. Also made a comment about having wingers on 4-5m/year who aren't doing much or something along those lines.

What kind of a tool slates his own players like that?

weirdest comments I´ve seen from a manager

Why not a double swoop and take Munain from them as well?

Actually looks like all the possibilities are now dead e.g. Moutinho, Lloris & Remy.

LLoris isn't dead.

Remy is dead.

Moutinho is about price, so haggling may continue. Never know.

Saying what?

Rodgers sees Carroll as cover

Liverpool manager urges fringe men to decide if they want to play

Last Updated: August 30, 2012 8:30am

Brendan Rodgers has described Andy Carroll as a 'cover player' but says Liverpool are in no position to have a £35million signing as their third-choice striker.

Carroll joined the Reds in a big-money deal from Saudi Sportswashing Machine 18 months ago but his future has been the subject of intense speculation since Rodgers took charge of the club over the summer after it became clear he did not fit into the manager's preferred playing style.

However, the situation has become complicated as Liverpool want a good price for a player they spent so much on, while Carroll appears keen to stay at Anfield and fight for a place in the team.

Rodgers has nothing but praise for the 23-year-old's attitude but believes players who are not part of his plans should be looking to move on in search of more regular football.

"You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see Andy's been a cover player but he's been excellent in his attitude and acceptance of where he is at," Rodgers said.

"But, as a club, I'm not sure we are in a position to have £35million players as third-choice strikers, or a winger on £5-6m a year.

"There's still a wee bit of thinking time, and it's hard to walk away from here. The ones who want to play will probably look elsewhere, irrespective of finance, because that's their passion."

Financial repair

Liverpool have been connected with moves for a number of players but Rodgers admits he cannot bring in reinforcements while there are so many fringe men reluctant to leave.

He explained: "The club financially needs repair. So to sign the players linked, unfortunately I don't have the ability to do that - not in this window anyway.

"This is an incredible club and some players, even if you want to move them on, won't walk out.

"I can only ever be straight with players.

"I've made it clear my group will be made up of starting players, cover players who can come in, and development players who can progress.

"If you feature outside of that I will tell you and then it is up to the player what they want - do they want to play football?"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8033331/Rodgers-sees-Carroll-as-cover

It's funny how quickly Rodgers has turned into a **** since joining that scummy club

Rodgers trying to motivate Downing by telling him he should become a LB or don't expect to play.

What an idiot. I am sure Carroll and Downing would leave however they wont sell them for much less than they paid and no one else is that stupid so they are stuck.

It's funny how quickly Rodgers has turned into a **** since joining that scummy club

think he has always been that

I have a mate that is a lifelong Liverpool fan, although he wanted a player like Joe Allen he was quite disgusted by Rodgers, since he publically said he was not going to sign any Swansea players because of respect.

Also, Gylfi chose us over him, says something really..

let´s not forget, that Rodgers did not have the greatest success before Swansea.

dont like the idiot, I´ll be quite happy to see his Liverpool adventure go down in flames

Thats a terrible statement to give publically.

Privately its fair enough, let people know where they stand - but if they cant sell/shift Carroll and later come to rely on him this will be brought up again and bite them.

has Rodgers really said anything wrong there??? imagine how hard it is going to be to get rid of Carroll and Downing what with their big contracts and how much Liverpool paid for them.

Bayer Leverkusen forward Samed Yesil looks set to be the latest player to join the Brendan Rodgers revolution.

The 18-year-old German attacker is expected to cost the Anfield side in the region of £1million.

I hope it all goes to the bricker with this vile scum-ridden club

Qunts within breed qunt attitutde around them

Carroll deadline day loan - heard it here first

Can't blame Rodgers one bit for that statement tbh. He's trying to push those 2 clowns out of the club being that he needs to generate money from player sales to bring the players he wants in, and he's obviously sick of seeing those 2 wasters sit ton the bench collecting major £££££.

Back