• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

I hope Emirates Marketing Project do get Maicon. Would happily watch Bale rip him to bits again.

I'd love to see us take a punt on one of the young english lads from the Championship (Redmond, Zaha, etc), and I'd love to see the likes of Rose, Caulker, Townsend, Kane, Carroll come through, but aside from Caulker, Livermore, and posssssibly Carroll, I can't quite see it happening. Besides, we still have a good amount of UK-raised footballers, who are and will be important members of the squad in Bale, Lennon, Walker, Defoe (think he has a part to play), Parker, Naughton, and possibly Dawson. I can live with that.

I think that's the point of the super-dooper training facilities, and I think you'll see pretty soon further investments in young english talend from the lower leagues. For every Bale there are several Bostocks, but I think it's a solid investment.

we're supposed to receive more money from the latest round of TV deals ... so we do have more money than just from player sales.
levy being levy will probably put a tidy sum for the new stadium - and i think he's right!
so I don't think we'll see us spunking all that on new players.

Please note my posts recently...let's see...I reiterate my belief that it will happen.

Not unless Porto back down their asking price. Anywhere up to 24m I think we can handle if we can get rid of Jenas and Bentley, but they're asking for 30m+. I think we have plenty of deadwood we can sell to save on wages and (over)pay for Moutinho, the problem is the lack of takers for our crap.

I have a horrible feeling Moutinho will go to Utd for some reason.

Dantchev is at it again!

Fiorentina has since released a statement expressing its disgust with Berbatov's actions, after the club believed it was close to completing a deal for his services.
"ACF Fiorentina announce that the transfer for Dimitar Berbatov definitively collapsed after an agreement with Manchester United had been concluded (with shared exchange of contracts, the first installment paid and the financial guarantees for the second installment ratified) and after reaching a verbal agreement with the player over his contract," it read.

"During today the English club had allowed their player the written permission to come to Florence for a medical and to sign his contract. The player got on the flight with his agent and on tickets paid for by Fiorentina. He never arrived in Florence.

"This was down to outlandish and arrogant behavior of other clubs, who have nothing to do with fair play and sporting ethics that go even beyond the confines of fairness.

"As for the player, apart from his characteristics and his value on the field, at this stage we are happy he didn't come to Fiorentina. He did not deserve our city, to wear our jersey or the values that represent it."

If he got on the flight but didn't arrive in Florence, what happened?
Maybe the spokesman was watching "Flightplan" with Jodie Foster, it was on BBC1 last night...

Dantchev is at it again!

Fiorentina has since released a statement expressing its disgust with Berbatov's actions, after the club believed it was close to completing a deal for his services.
"ACF Fiorentina announce that the transfer for Dimitar Berbatov definitively collapsed after an agreement with Manchester United had been concluded (with shared exchange of contracts, the first installment paid and the financial guarantees for the second installment ratified) and after reaching a verbal agreement with the player over his contract," it read.

"During today the English club had allowed their player the written permission to come to Florence for a medical and to sign his contract. The player got on the flight with his agent and on tickets paid for by Fiorentina. He never arrived in Florence.

"This was down to outlandish and arrogant behavior of other clubs, who have nothing to do with fair play and sporting ethics that go even beyond the confines of fairness.

"As for the player, apart from his characteristics and his value on the field, at this stage we are happy he didn't come to Fiorentina. He did not deserve our city, to wear our jersey or the values that represent it."

what a thing to say about a player! :ross:

shouldn't Man U be at fault too, it seems they accepted both offers ... is this even allowed?

If he got on the flight but didn't arrive in Florence, what happened?
Maybe the spokesman was watching "Flightplan" with Jodie Foster, it was on BBC1 last night...

Flight to Florence, redirected to Fulham....

what a thing to say about a player! :ross:

shouldn't Man U be at fault too, it seems they accepted both offers ... is this even allowed?

Yes. It is then up to the player to agree to terms with one of those clubs.

Already tried that with steff, he's being veeeery sly..... ;)

I genuinely do not have any!!!! I have purposely NOT asked the people I know! Nope, this is raw instinct...I think Levy is going to roll the ball out and give AVB something he wants. I think it will be expensive. Again, absolutely not ITK, just a hunch, just like if we get Affelay I think will.i.an will not happen...who REALLY knows will certainly not REALLY say until Sept 1 of course...oh, and I am praying for Lloris, although I think that one is pretty damn close...

if we get lloris, moutinho and one of either affelay or willian, i would brick and jizz in my pants at the same time.

only signing ola toivonen could result in the treble.

Yes. It is then up to the player to agree to terms with one of those clubs.

would Jol want to work with Berbs again? there were rumours previously that Jol lost the dressing room and Berbs was one of the culprits. then again Berbs hit his high playing with Keane under Jol.

wonder if Berbs ever considered that Fulham may even pull the plug last minute. Funny if that happened and he would have to head back to Man U!

Back