• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Tottenham have stepped up their interest in CSKA Moscow midfielder Alan Dzagoev - one of the stars of Euro 2012.

And White Hart Lane manager Andre Villas-Boas is refusing to give up on his attempts to land his No 1 target, Joao Moutinho, the Portugal midfielder.

Tottenham's hierarchy sent attempts to strengthen their squad into overdrive following the £27million departure of Luka Modric to Real Madrid.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ev-Tottenham-transfer-list.html#ixzz24smMLLZw

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

I posted a load of Dembele vs Modric stats earlier about 50 pages back lol but Dembele came across better last season

£27m for Modric accord to the mail, really is guess work isn't it.

IRC.... The registration deadline for Saturdays game is Friday mid-day... I think it is more likely to get him in quick and get him with the squad to build a rapport, or just to make sure no-one else gets him!
More than likely - I was just guessing :)

PLEASE NO ONE START A DEMBELE THREAD UNTIL ITS ANNOUNCED OFFICIAL.

If you do it will be locked and merged here... no boks

I posted a load of Dembele vs Modric stats earlier about 50 pages back lol but Dembele came across better last season

Cabaye stats were better too. As were many other central midfielders last season but it doesn't neccesarily mean anything as we all know how good Modric is

Fair enough, cheers. Does he sit back as much as modric and dictate or is more of a pusher (from what I've seen I'd say pusher but, once again I haven't watched him specifically too much tbh). Didn't he also have one of the highest tackling success rates from last season?

Yeah basically what you've said. He's never really going to sit back and control a game like Modric/Xavi/Alonso/Pirlo etc, he'll play it nicely but he looks to break forward, good pace, very strong, tough to get the ball off him, tight control, very left footed. He has a nice shot on him but more in the way that Hudd has a nice shot on him, he'll catch the odd one sweetly and it'll fly in, he should score more really and that's where he needs to improve(similar to Luka).

You've got to admit we get great value from Spurs in the transfer windows.

Hudd. Very simplisitically, you meed 4 CMs if you're playing 2 proper CMs. Ideally 2 defensive (Sandro, Parker) plus 2 creative (Thudd and Dembele?). Just think that Livermore is very limited in basic football skills (ie passing, tackling, shooting) and I dont see the need for a 3rd defensive midfielder. Think he'd be better loaned out to prove himself (a la Caulker last year) or needs to be 5th choice....but then wouldnt play much

Wonder if loaning Jake back to Fulham wouldn't be a useful move - if they'd have him. Keep him from upping stumps and easy to monitor and stay in touch with. Having quietly operated at a loss for many years, and with Dempsey looking likely to leave, they certainly look to be paring down their costs.

Yeah basically what you've said. He's never really going to sit back and control a game like Modric/Xavi/Alonso/Pirlo etc, he'll play it nicely but he looks to break forward, good pace, very strong, tough to get the ball off him, tight control, very left footed. He has a nice shot on him but more in the way that Hudd has a nice shot on him, he'll catch the odd one sweetly and it'll fly in, he should score more really and that's where he needs to improve(similar to Luka).

so he would slot in to Luka's position in the team (alongside one of Sandro or Parker) but play a different kind of game ?

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, 1173 byebye Modric, Medical reports pg 1244

With the way we play I won't be surprised if dembele gets sold to real 3 years later for mega bucks again. Did moussa say he was wanted by real?

People seem to think that dembele's weakness is passing but I've looked at the stats and:

Although Modric completed a far higher number of passes:

1440 – Luka Modric completed the most passes in the opponents half.
2215 – Luka Modric and Ashley Williams completed the most passes.

Dembele's had a higher pass completion rate last season:

In the 2011-12 season there were only six midfielders who passed the ball better than Fulham’s Moussa Dembélé. Using the new Top Stats engine we’re able to quickly trim away the fat and look at those players who played at least 1400′ in the Premier League a season ago. Of those, Dembélé was the 12th best player in the Premier League when it came to pass accuracy,*attempting 1681 passes in 2940′ and completing 88.64% of those attempts. Only Leon Britton (93.49%), Joe Allen (91.18%), Samir Nasri (91.01%), Mikel Arteta (90.58%), Yaya Toure (90.49%), Michael Carrick (90.10%) and Scott Parker (89.58%) bested*Dembélé’s passing accuracy from midfield. *In addition to his proficient ball movement, he was a creative force from the centre of Fulham’s midfield creating 51 chances in 2940′.

Ok only 32 pages ago... :rolleyes:

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, 1173 byebye Modric, Medical reports pg 1244

Hello chaps. McLean has said it better than I could but let me assure you that you have got your hands on quite the player. Since BMJ moved him back to CM a season and a half ago, he's been a revelation. If he's allowed to play how he has for us then I think a lot of football fans who don't watch Fulham much will be surprised at just how bloody good he is.

His close control and strength are excellent - he'd make any team in the world with a touch more pace and some shooting ability.

Enjoy waching him. I'm gutted.
icon_sad.gif

from a fulham fan

Back